[Suggestion] List of new tactical items.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 9, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

List new tactical items: The tactical items you want? :cool:

Format: All players given 3 total tactical item slots. Instead of 1.

Format: Tactical slots given auto free to lvl 1's; no longer from outfit npc's.

Format: Toss tactical items has new currency timer. Similar to nanites; titled something else.
    Not nanites; just similar timer; with diff name; & isn't the merit system.

The List of new Item Suggestions:

- Other side to side field cover for infantry; other than caltrops.
    Items that help infantry reach doors without dying.

- Trip Wire for doors. Slows those who enter by 60% small aoe.

- Other versions of hardlight barrier. For variations of style.

- Other styles of Caltrops.

- Small citadel shield grenade tactical item? the bubble grenade.

- Cortium Bomb that only damages Infantry. The bombs were entertaining.
    Only op verse silo items. Fine for infantry.

- Sandbags for nasons tunnels and top of boxes? Hallway items.

- Riot shields. If HA's don't get riot shield and pistol meta. Then tactical item riot shields.

- Deploy Boulder. " Why not? " *Bilbo baggins face* let me deploy a boulder.

- Deploy Ladder.

- Other defensive items.
  2. AuricStarSand

- Esamir Campaign Items:
    See link: Bring back the Esamir and Oshur campaign items : r/Planetside (reddit.com)

- Mortors;
    larger items that takes 2 to 3 different players to have 1 of the 0/3 items needed to build. Based off the Skorpian Launcher; yet larger; with farther aoe.

Also has shell options for ammo; Ammo type: Shield Regen. Regens infantry shields for teammates. & yes I'd like to see Mortor shells helping allies on A for Watersons for example; get auto shield regens. From rain of shells. That 2 to 3 people had to build. With tactical item parts 2 to 3 parts.

- Bushes 4 bushes doesn't sound super hidden; yet if a few people deploy bushes & more people are using tactical items; from not having to unlock them with npcs' thats 20+ bushes for a area for more players to hide. So the devs don't even have to add bushes to every region a player may want more bushes. Which so far is every region. So why not give players 4 bushes to deploy to hide infantry. Taller bushes the better.

- The Jumpad item from Esamir
    from esamir campaign. Yet the jumpad item; to get medics to the roof for example. Only worked for 30 seconds? Was too short. Nobody wants to redeploy something every 30 sec. I'd suggest 1.3 min. floor bounze pad item.

(Similar to the heavy repair and fortress shield modules; 60 seconds is too short. Any item timer is 90 seconds at the least. Replacing anything shorter than that is too tedious. That's why I'd suggest to make Module timers 1 min 45 seconds and just have them cost cortium 800)

- Base style Jumpad Items.
    So I already mentioned the esamir lil item you throw on the ground. The levitate. I didn't however mention REAL JUMPADS. Like the ones you see at Scarfield Reliquary that are for drifter jet LA to drift sideways. What if players got to deploy those sideway drift jumpads, that bases have? Base Jumpad items. With Variations. The Base jumpad item(s); if it isn't a tactical item, would be a good idea; for a new router type. So a " Jumpad Spire ".

What new tactical item would you want to see? For 1 of the 3 tactical slots?
  3. AuricStarSand

Here's a photo I edited the other day. Obviously theirs only 4 good tactical items, yet if they add 11 more, their will be 15 items. So you pick 4 out of 15. Per class.

( If people don't want to see so many items; they may unclick them to unequip. Is too many itmes not new player friendly? naw most tactical items are super easy to setup and learn forever after how. If anything for example; more new players with caltrops, means less of them die running from open fields to the doors.

Too many items is never going to be a issue with ps2, since the number panel isn't used often. & most new players just staying to their primary is fine. Too many buttons is never a issue for mmorpg's. Esp not one where the keyboard number panel doesn't need to be spam hit. & you're not switching weapons that often. It's a 13 year old game, maybe sweet to add a new infantry slot per 2 years.)

& nobody has to see a npc to findout how to equip said items. TBH suggest to unlock all these items for free. Unlocking them with merit isn't new player friendly. Thus why 96% of people don't have tactical items.

Then yes unrelated to this topic I also added a 3rd implant slot & 2nd tool slot.
    Since this photo wasn't edited for this thread; yet for another thread I'm working on soon.

[IMG]