[Suggestion] I feel for the Connery population.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Dec 21, 2023.

1. AntDX316

[IMG]

They should be merged to Emerald. All the dead pop servers should be merged to Emerald.

There are people playing with 200-400ms ping and have no issues. I know because a friend in Romania has been playing for years without issue.

There should be no character transfer confirmation. Everyone is merged to Emerald.

The XP Boosts should cost less money so people can keep stacking them to unlock stuff faster.

Maybe have a way for people have an easy way to buy boost while in-game, not in the store screen.
    Give a tip saying boosts stack with membership and double XP days make it double that.
    • Up x 1
  2. ganthercage

If they moved to Emerald that would have been good for them
  3. VV4LL3

But if DBG moves them to Emerald, then they wouldn't be pressured into buying DBG cash to rebuild their characters.....

*sad trumpet noise*
  4. AntDX316

I've gotten a warning from "Mithril" and a [GOB] Planetside 2 Reddit Admin Moderator has gotten angry with me asking them to Merge people to Emerald.

Basically, a merge may never ever happen. Everyone else has to make a new account. There could be no hope for anyone being able to merge into Emerald.

I will refrain from asking for a merge from now on.
  5. VV4LL3

Server merge would take away the potential for increasing DBG's bottom line. Players on a new server with old, maxed out characters have less incentive to spend money on the in-game store.
  6. TripSin

Players with a maxed out character on a dead server have less incentive to keep playing the game at all and have a lot of incentive to quit the game altogether.

But sure, maybe they bank on most people banking on making a new char and obviously that's easy for them compared to allowing character transfers and server mergers since it requires them doing jack **** on their part.
  7. VV4LL3

Maybe... or are addicted, and the business team knows they're more likely to pay for content to regain their veteran glory.
  8. melioa

Emerald is going the exact same way as Connery did about 2 years ago. :(
    • Up x 1