All small silo bases get flailed.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Feb 13, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

Why am I not able to just build a spawn tube and a turret somewhere small hidden without getting flailed? Theirs many unique areas these huge buildings won't green light.

Solution? Allow skyshield to install to something smaller. Pillbox?
  2. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

This is the base I have now and I have a sitting small av turret behind me. Yet all this is gonna get flailed. Not even a pillbox would fit. The silo or the small spawn tube would have to have a skyshield module. Else the vehicle gate.
  3. AuricStarSand

Just logged on. Some team person has a silo at a remote mountain ledge I've never seen before. It's instantly getting flail'ed by the enemy. No spot for a Skshield

He also put a spawn tube inside the bunker. Kinda neat. Yet flail ruins the fun.
    After seeing his unique silo spot. No I don't want to build on the road either, if I was to build.

Exhibit B:

[IMG]
  4. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

This is getting bonkers. No unique small outposts at all? All flailed by enemies.

Ye I'm able to build below at flatter beach areas, tho this hill is the front line, I'm a front line builder.
    Found some tiny tree boulder areas for hossin where same thing.

Theirs a ton of places a rebirthing center won't fit.
    TBH the best silo item ideas are small items that click together.
    Items that have a shot at green light for hills.

That's why my favorite of the new items is the Infantry Tree Stand.
    It's overpriced, needs a module slot since instantly dies, and doesn't do anything.
    Tho the style is sweet and works on most hills even works near trees and boulders.

I'm starting to miss the old module system, were fun to shoot and even cort bomb the old modules when they got a buff from the bomb dmg, they worked on multiple items, were small and used everywhere, easy to setup.

For new mods; I like the new fortress module and the new enhanced regen modules.

Installing the new mods would have to able to hold 3 of them at one time. Even 2 modules to run would still be too slow.
    Also shouldn't the projectile shield module work on more items then just the big fortress and sunderer garage?

The os doesn't fit on this slight beach hill either. Also OS draws attention, then you have to deal with 3 enemy ninjas uninstalling your os modules for 20 min straight.

So for saving small silo outposts from enemy flails. Simply add a 3rd module slot to the silo itself and allow the silo itself to have a skyshield mod. Since not even pillboxs fit for most these unique settlements.

Also theirs the fact that since the OS and Rebirthing center take up so much room as it is. Then theirs less stuff on the side of them that the skyshield is able to protect. Unlike before. So a lot of the side stuff, even if you have a skyshield, gets picked off from enemy flails. Pretty much seeing a ton of people get their vehicle gates flailed.
  5. AuricStarSand

Suggestively may be better for the rebirthing center to have a spare slot for other modules. & not be known as the " skyshield building ". While the silo is the new skyshield triple module.
  6. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

Theirs many places you are able to build, flat ground. Just theirs many places you aren't as well, hills.

So pretty much all the unique locations are a no go, instantly flailed by the enemy, & those are the only locations I want to build at. Less the devs give us a small skyshield option.

Skyshield module for the Silo itself. Silo to have 3 slots.
  7. AuricStarSand

Ye that building sucks. No offense. At least for starting the build. I like the rebirthing center for when it survives with fortress shield. And the look of it is ok.

Tho I'm not even able to build silos on the beach of Indar Ex facing the lake. Nor near the sunderer garage of indar ex, with trees in the way. Needing flat ground for a huge building to survive flails. Meh. All the best build locations are small spots.

So far this is just rewarding troll flail'ers. I've had way too many silos flailed. Heck they start flailing as soon as I build the rebirthing center for oshurs mid. Dies before finished.
  8. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

Even for areas where the ground is flat. the building doesn't fit, walls or tree red light. & theirs another rebirth center and os nearby, so 3/4 front line building items are all getting flailed. Not able to build on half the beaches, due to hills and narrow strips of land.

I'm alone dealing with this flail for 40+ min! The NC army can't even shoot the tr silos on the beach.

Half our stuff is constantly flailed, cause the os, command center and all that were parked behind A point. So were just non stop flailed for 1 hour.

God flail users are so annoying & this skyshield situation is bonkers. Tr has flailed 200 times this hour.
    Also the command center doesn't skyshield jack around it, just itself and no other items.