[Suggestion] Actual player anti-gaming-chair system suggestion 'Whack'ing hackers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadowpikachu, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Shadowpikachu

A super report system only offered to the most dedicated of players near the dev team that they already have relations with and trust, they will be able to 'super report' by using the /whack command.

This system is reserved for obvious game-ruining, flying players that are overtly obvious, you will be advised to always skip anyone you think MAY be gamering due to performance.

It is very advised you keep the fact you have access to this system a secret, the entire point is sudden and immediate action by some of the games most constant players at a level that would outright deter it themselves by simply making it so annoying for them.

Maximum 20 players per server should ever have access to this command as a hard rule, most likely the number would hover around 5.

Issuing a Whack command in chat on a player will do the following:

1. Hardware ban that player for 24 hours.

2. Send a legitimate player report to the devs for ip banning or review.

3. Message all users with the 'Whack' permission an alert someone got hit with it.

This system is simple and can come with many limitations upon the base like session KPM or another generic detection limit on 'Whack'ability, instead of banning it would ping all online 'Whack'ers with their name and allow the command to be used on that player.

But basically giving a command with specific permissions should be relatively easy and a soft-permanent solution, while not paying them for mod or anything that would give them real severe power, if a whack is ever used on anyone that wasn't blatently destroying the game the 'whack'er will forever get the command revoked AND a 1 month ban for their troubles.

If this is abused the 1 or 2 people ragebanned would be out of the game for 12-24 hours at the most which a hacker destroying the game would on average cause people to quit for that long anyways and come back later, so even at worst they can undo the bans in the morning and remove the offender.
    • Up x 2
  2. melioa

i like this idea.
    • Up x 1
  3. DorinFoehammer

Hard pass.

We've already had a group of players that had the devs ear and look how that turned out over the years. Infact, I'll go so far as to say no player should ever be allowed to have Observer Cam privs as well. No one can be trusted. An employee should do it not a player. The only way player are trusted in other games is: if a report has already passed a basic smell test... ie x number of reports trigger a review not a HWID ban, once submitted the player council reviews the "footage" with names redacted so no one can be biased. Even if those criteria are met...cosmetics and FISU killboards would likely allow you to discover who it was you are banning. Or, if one were particularly inclined, you would allow yourself to be killed by someone you don't like, on your alt, and start the process to get them banned that way. So again, hard pass.

Furthermore, I hope you realize that a HWID ban ultimately does nothing. You can spoof around a HWID ban in around 2mins. If you'd research the current active hacker websites you'd know HWID is a non-issue. What we need is anticheat that works and detects it soon enough so that they can't have as much fun with it. I don't care about the blatant hackers, what we should really care about are those that use soft hacks to fly under the radar.

Battleye is poorly maintained and fails to detect two certain injectors which I will not mention. No recoil, ESP, aimbot, hitbox edits, and even a new one that allows you to freeze a target's position for a brief second (i'm not even kidding there's a video showcasing it). Heck, we don't even have a ping limit working here that autokicks people who use net limiters to abuse clientside.

The future of anticheat lies with AI detection. Just go look at what companies like Anybrain has achieved already.
    • Up x 3
  4. 0storm1

Soltech has had cheaters every time I attend for the past few days.
    Just when I thought people were coming back to VS for a bit, the cheetahs have reduced the population by about 5%.
    I am one of those who move during that decline.
    I would like to be able to play properly even if it is only during the peak hours, but as it is now, there is no time to play properly in Soltech in my personal sense.

Frankly, the cheaters' rampage in Soltec is too much.
    I think it is impossible to resolve the situation without some new measures.
    Personally, this thread is especially valuable.
  5. VV4LL3

Community moderated systems inevitably fail due to exploitation and abuse by those same community members. Do a quick search.
    • Up x 2
  6. 0storm1

I read this thread and thought.
    It seems that no one seems to be against the idea of the management actually playing the game during peak hours on each server to identify cheating in real time.
    For example, how about Soltech having one game master in each of the three camps play from 21:00~24:00 UTC-9?
    Wouldn't that make it much stronger against cheating?

It is at least costly, but much more realistic than creating a complete anti-cheat program.
    • Up x 1