Why is Citadel shield so extremely weak? 25 blue to die to 1 esf.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Feb 23, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

I mean the title explains it all. Citadel shield is worth 5 blue resources at most.

I barely ever find the bubble op. tbh. so why is it got this stigma hp wise of " oh it may be op " if anything most of the times infantry and vehicles are bummed out it gets popped so fast. All 100+ of of us are like yay bubble, then some dumb wannabe pro esf'er kills the bubble. Lone Lib. Even tanks on a hill.

I just deployed the thing. It died literally 2 seconds later. From just 1 lib and 1 esf prob. Tho they always are around.

25 blue resources? for just a bubble?

that should survive 3+ planes for 3+ minutes. Not die from 1 plane, 2 seconds after the bubble lands.

Even if 2 out of 200 bubbles happen to be some op door hold, woopdeedoo, the other 198 times the bubble got popped 3+ minutes too soon during a fun field fight.

They based the bubbles hp off outfit wars. However for regular alerts the thing needs x4 more hp.

As of now it dies 2 seconds later to 1 esf and 1 lib. For 48vs48's that's always gonna happen, 2 enemy planes. Sooo >.> even if you buffed the hp x4 that's only 8 seconds >.>

Meaning I'd rather see a near immortal bubble that lasts 3 to 6 minutes. Then whatever this lame 2 to 20 second bubbles have been. Tbh don't want a immortal bubble, just a 6 minute bubble average ratio yes. Bubbles should land 6 minutes for 25 blue. If you want the bubble to last only 3 min, then that's only worth 15 blue.

I've seen 1,000 bubbles destroyed under 20 seconds. How many lasted more than 20 seconds? Bout 40. So 4% last long enough to enjoy the farm unique aspect of a bubble. The other 96% you waste your resources.
  2. FLHuk

Because the forum is FULL of suggestion threads....

New is better, always better than fine tuning anything hurled into the game as "NEW CONTENT!" now please ignore it's not balanced and have we told you about the next NEW thing?
  3. AuricStarSand

Ye you're right. I'll have to make a thread highlighting every suggestion.

Either way seems like a easy fix, don't they just go into log for citadel hp and make it go from 20,000 hp to now 100,000 hp?

9/10 times they last 30 seconds.
  4. AuricStarSand

Yep yep. I just saw it happen. One solo Valkyie just killed my bubble 10 seconds ago. Only took him 4 to 10 seconds.

Wow. That's so quick.

So the bubble would have to have 2,000% more hp. To survive for what it's worth. 3 minutes.

Chat's saying " citadel shield should just be invuln ". :confused: I think shoothing the shield is entertaining; just needs to survive a whole squad & not just a plane.