[Suggestion] Fix the empire specific ammo balance.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 23rd enigma, Feb 20, 2024.

1. 23rd enigma

The Empire-specific ammo balance is out of whack. You have untsable ammo and disruptor ammo competing against each other. Disruptor ammo is completely useless, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone use it. Unstable Ammo, on the other hand, is one of the worst additions I've ever seen in an FPS because its purpose is to make poor accuracy punish the user less by increasing the bullet size by 300%. Such a ridiculous attachment should not exist, and UA can actually be insane with a LA. Since the bullets are so big, when you are drifting with UA, you will get a crazy amount of headshots flying over the target with unstable ammo. Sure, it reduces the headshot damage, but honestly, why do we have this "crutch" ammo? Remove it since it's just a bad idea all around.
    Finally, we come to an actually good addition to the game. Impact ammo actually makes sense to have in the game and opens up interesting loadouts with certain weapons. I actually really like it on the Torq and watchmen. I would suggest the developers remove both unstable ammo and disruptor ammo on NC and VS. Add impact ammo to both of these empires's so that you have more weapon loadout options.
    For example, I can see impact ammo being added to the Guass Saw S so that it can be 200–167 with a huge reduction in its magazine size. Another example could be impact ammo on Ursa, giving it 167 min of damage with a reduced mag size, or CME having a DMG tier buff with impact ammo. These are just ideas i came up on the fly, but I'm sure the community+devs could figure out a good way to add impact ammo and all the empires to make thier arsenals a bit more insteresting.
    • Up x 2
  2. UberNoob1337101

My "favorite" addition ever is Unstable Ammo + Obelisk. Such a fun combo of getting 3-shotted at any range, because no damage dropoff + bigger bullets... if Unstable ammo stays in the game base damage should drop 20% but headshot multiplier gets increased to 50% (so it's 80% damage for bodyshots/120% for headshots compared to 100%/200% of most weapons).

If Unstable ammo got removed from the game maybe we could also finally balance weapons that used to have it around skill levels properly and usable gimmicks instead of "here's 3 gimmicks that are useless and one that's OP" and Obelisk + Horizon being top tier stupid especially on lower skill levels.

Tbh most gimmicks should get a revision, if they could make Nimitz reactor good almost all the time, then making Trident Burst, meme sidearms and useless traits good too isn't far off.
    • Up x 1
  3. 23rd enigma

Yeah it's such a bad idea to add unstable ammo to the obelisk. How in the hell did this ever get approved by a dev. Who in the right mind would of thought thats it's a good idea to add that ammo on a 334 dmg scout rifle . If you miss your shots with the obelisk, you should absolutley be punsihed, but no you get a noob friendly attachments to "help" noobs with poor accuracy. In reality you get good players abusing the **** out of it because it's really easy, like you said, to spam 334 dmg body shots with this rifle. You already have OP scout /Sniper rifles and then someone with a big brain decided "hey lets add ammo that would compensate for poor aim"..... o_O:rolleyes: SMH