stop messing with my Keybindings!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by melioa, Feb 15, 2024.

1. melioa

yesterday....and the day before....and the day before etc, my keybindings were all perfectly saved, have been that way for years....log in today......they have all been reset!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  2. Da1veR

I realized smth go wrong when i jumped without parachute from galaxy, instead of going to hower mode, lol.
    Not a big deal, but yea, it piss off when you change many things.
    • Up x 2
  3. Grandizer

There's a quick and easy fix to restore the keybinds
    basically, delete this: InputProfile_User0000.xml
    Open this: InputProfile_User.xml and change the value on the first line "profile name" from 3 to 5 and save it
    • Up x 2
  4. Slip

I have been playing since 2013. This is the kind of thing that makes me go play other games and not want to touch PS2. Seriously. This is kind amateur stuff and they can't keep it straight! So effing irritating to find my keybindings and mouse settings are all busted. Even having to enter the PS2 folder to reinstall my old settings shouldn't be happening outside of completely re-installing the game...

To add insult to injury, I finely talked a buddy into coming back after he quit the game years ago, talking it up. We log on and find that everything has been reset.... Needless to say he was not impressed and probably won't be back. Meanwhile, a no-name company out of no-where with no staff is sucking up players. Anyone want to go diving?
    • Up x 1
  5. AuricStarSand

I haven't had mine reset for awhile, only once.
    TBH I've uninstalled and reinstalled this game 1,000 times; reinstalling right now.
    so I've had to reset my 100 times or so. got it memorized.
  6. Alaster The Mad

i'm alasterthemad,front line, when i can. Of coourse i want to rez maxes, but no armor.