[Suggestion] Small group matches are not viable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 0storm1, Feb 10, 2024.

1. 0storm1

Sunderer rework and other developers think Sunderer is a problem against being destroyed easily?
    Then how do you feel about fighting in a small population?
    This game is not designed to be fought in small-group battles, is it?
    How do you plan to handle such situations in the future?

I have moved my main activity to the emerald server.
    However, I return to the Solteth server on rare occasions.
    Today and the day before I went back to Soltech.
    However, the battle does not work with a small number of people.

For example, just a few minutes ago it was 3vs3 including myself.
    After I placed the Shild Sunderer, Lightning destroyed the Sunderer in less than a minute.
    Moreover, the enemy deployed a defensive Sunderer and successfully defended by developing an overwhelming advantage.
    I had no choice but to call in Magrider from afar to counter the enemy Lightning, but that didn't have much effect either.

I think it is inevitable that the defender has some advantage in a FPS to some extent.
    If it were equal, that would be boring.
    However, the balance of the game is so deadly that a fight is not possible when players with a certain level of skill and understanding collide with each other.
    Maybe it would be better if you did not choose to fight in areas with few people.
    But if you want to win in Continental Rock, you need to fight well in less populated areas.
    And the more seriously you fight, the more unreasonable this game is.
    Nanite is really getting in the way.

In the fight the day before yesterday, I was hit by Lightning against Sunderer and got hit first.
    So I hit Lightning against Lightning and fought back there.
    But when I was fighting with Lightning, the enemy called ESF and attacked from an unattackable position and it was over.

I have always wondered about these individual value fights.
    It seems to me that this game is playing rock-paper-scissors-paper with absolutely no chance of winning.
    And that rock-paper-scissors game is really not fun.

At least in this game, there are too many elements of sukumi that can be used to complete the opponent if you have a certain level of skill.
    There is Lightning, which is an easy-to-understand individual value, and Harasser, which is extremely difficult to suppress if you are a hardcore player.
    And then there is the Liberator, which is almost impossible to control.

It is really fatal to the game when the opponent, who is almost unbeatable in a firefight, destroys the Sunderer with the help of the individuality and Nanite.
    But in reality, the fight often ends when players with above-average comprehension start using Nanite.
    It only takes one such person in an interesting fight to end it.

At the very least, it is a game where a fight is not possible without dead weight.
    If immediate action is not taken, things can only get worse.
  2. Effect

"This game is not designed to be fought in small-group battles, is it?"

It actually is. The evidence is Indar, just look at the number of single point bases that are just a handful of small buildings. Devs wanted players to spread out and have multiple battles occuring across the map at any given time.

No matter what arugments you try to make, sunderer's should be hard for one person to kill and right now they just aren't.
    • Up x 4
  3. 0storm1

I was trying to cover the system's problems with my efforts.
    So I clearly understood that no matter how much effort I put in, there was a limit to what I could change as an individual.
    I am glad to confirm that, as it stands, the game system is based on the assumption that the number of player populations is large.
    Thank you very much.