Will there be work on problems in the Construction System this year?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RiP0k, Jan 31, 2024.

1. RiP0k

List of problems:

-Low survivability of structures, especially the Command Center

-Constant running around due to the new module system

-Problems with placing structures due to new restriction points

-Inappropriate landscapes in outpost hexes for the construction of most new structures

-Glaive IPC not working, but it doesn’t removes the Skywall

-The construction prohibited zone is still huge and has not been changed

-The bug with remote extraction of Cortium has not disappeared anywhere

-Silos built alone for farming can now not disappear anywhere due to the fact that there is no constant loss of Cortium reserves

-The Skywall at the Rebirth Center is too small to protect the base based around this structure normally.

-Due to the fact that you removed the EMP effect from Skywall and damage to vehicles, it became too easy to destroy Silo as a consequence and the base -You cannot install a heavy repair module in Silo, because of this it is not possible to protect it.

-Due to the rework of the modules, the function of temporary invulnerability was removed, which allowed any base to withstand the onslaught of attackers, now this role is played by the Fortress Shield, which is meaningless for the Rebirth Center due to its size and for the Command Center is meaningless when enemies come under it.

And this is not the entire list...
    • Up x 1
  2. Effect

Only think that needs to happen to construction is removing it.
    • Up x 1
  3. k1ngju

Hopefully no
  4. karlooo

Hopefully not. They need to simplify the entire game to its most uttermost basics and figure out what to do with it, instead of mindlessly working on adding to it.
    • Up x 1
  5. VV4LL3

There are 10 year old bugs still, highly doubt they're going to give construction a second go.
    • Up x 1
  6. 23rd enigma

What is the goal of construction? It was advertised to be a fob for the whole empire,but 90% of the time I see it used for OS, Flail, and free air to ground pulls. In my opinion all of those are detrimental to the game. I think construction should be focused to create a harder to kill spawn than a Sundy ,not necessarily a fortress either. The map would have to be adjusted(no build zones reduced) for construction to be able to build close to the popular Sundy placements are at. A good example to follow is the base wokuk ecological reserve that allows the construction of a spawn tube or rebirth Center near a popular Sundy placement at the Northeast side.I wish that the devs would make the flail into a Havoc ammo firing glaive IPC . That way it won't be used to farm Infantry. Make player bases only spawn the bastion ESF with a better A2a loadout. That way you won't be able respond free air to ground kamikaze planes.