[Suggestion] The best roadmap 2 themes: 1) Infantry fights amongst lots of rock bridges & trees. 2) Extra slots

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Jan 18, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

I know they're fixing CTP and that sounds fine. Same goes for making the mid field of Oshur not so empty.
    Then buffing the sunderer to have a official battle bus spec sounds good & have Light Assault kill the sunderers a tad less sure.

Tho overall as something vets are going to return to PS2 for immediately and not just for a few weeks:

1) " Turn Koltyr into a map with 1,000 trees, 100 boulders, and 10 rock bridges. "

Simply bringing all the dev assets from Esamir's Shattered Warpgate jungles and throwing that on the Koltyr Map while deleting the 3 towers that Koltyr has for these trees.

Then add some Indar type rock bridges to the map, with jumpads. & a few pommel gardens style spawn rooms to themedium new map and you're set. Keep the rules of no MBT on the map. Maybe allow harassers tho. Just no MBT. Add a few glowy plant trenches and boulder mazes. EZ.

New medium size map released. Everyone is already proven to like these jungle fights for infantry. Vets return. Everyone wins. Making this happen for Oshur won't work, theirs not enough land per island.

Medium size new warehouse map with multiple rock bridges = Koltyr edited.

Medium size new shattered warpgate jungle trench tree map = The Snowy map used for Outfit Wars edited.

Toss the 2 new medium maps for regular alert rotation. Outfit War maps played on just a few hours per year is kind of waste of a map. Koltyr people enjoyed to some degree & more so if the towers weren't basic and their were better spots to park. The B warehouse fights are sweet.

2) Extra slots.

I've stated this a few times. Yet reminder for extra utility slot. extra tactical slot. extra ability slot. and extra implant slot. extra tool slot. Suit slot. For lvl 1's free. not asp. What vet wouldn't return for a extra slot?

A third implant opens the meta for a actual meta field to mix things. 2 implant slots barely gives you enough room to pick between anything. For example LA safefall takes a slot is mandatory.

Suit slot I have to use adrenaline on my infil all the time I want to try other. Tool slot would make them have to invent new tools similar to repair drone or the droppable jumppad item. Else firework guns. Flares.

Ability slots obvious who wouldn't return to a extra ability slot. Else new players too. Win win for new and vet marketing. Tactical slot. If new player get to use tactical slots without having to see a outfit npc to unlock. Then they get to have more options to use for door fights. 2nd tactical slot? heck ye? cortium bomb that only damages infantry? heck yes.
  2. AuricStarSand

3. VV4LL3

These are excellent suggestions, although I would like to emphasize that addressing the current bugs, finishing promised products (NSO), and enhancing the new-player experience should remain our top priorities. While the idea of bringing back veteran players is appealing in theory, I've observed a significant issue during my time running mentor squads. Many new players express frustration because veterans are frequently exploiting them, causing them to leave the game due to a negative gaming experience.

How do you propose we tackle this phenomenon where veterans' high skill levels deter new players from continuing to play? It's essential to address this issue, as the long-term vitality of the game hinges on attracting and retaining new players.
  4. AuricStarSand

Hey morning. The only general bug I see is the audio bug, just restart ps2 after a few hours. If theirs other bugs then they are niche.

NSO if nso makes them some money then sure. I still wouldn't play nso till their pistols and some of the other guns seem less like office depot staple guns. For now the Javelin & Auto Scout Rifle with the green optics is the only reason to play nso for a land guy.

Well 2 new medium sized maps and extra slots is a gift for new players as well. The extra slots just get auto equipped for new players. The implant meta doesn't vastly make vets better, the new players still get some free implants. Having a extra tactical slot that doesn't require outfit npc's to unlock, would help new players actually use caltrops when I ask them to. As of now none of them have tactical items, even if they belong to a outfit.

The 2 new medium maps is for new players and vets. Maybe even helping them in the sense that theirs no MBT's for the Koltyr map to worry about killing their sunderers. So lets them learn how to place sunderers easier. These 2 maps don't require redeploying much, since they are a medium square for Koltyr and a lane verse lane rectangle for OW snow map.

The map is called " Nexus " https://www.planetside2.com/news/outfit-wars-nexus-season-02
    Koltyr 2.0 + Nexus 2.0
  5. AuricStarSand

As for new players:

It's too late for another tutorial and static displays of lessons won't work anyways. Since they need to learn while playing with others. I've suggested a live navigation arrow before to teach them how to sunderer middle of the map bases. Yet that sounds like the boring solution. They are going to die often, since every vet dies often.

So you'd have to buff low lvls hp literally to give them a shot, people would make new accounts to abuse that.
    Then noobs from Reddit will blame Zergs, A2G, or Infils. & TBH I die the least from all three of those things & not because I'm a vet. Zergs aren't really a issue, since new players hang out with their own allied zerg more than they get overpop surrounded by the enemy zerg with few men to defend. A2G is only a issue for small fights. 1-12 12-24. & snipers are like a few dudes per region who often aren't even viable during door fights. Besides that one op QCQ sniper tho he's only around for 1 day per 3 months. Just like a Aurax'ed scout rifle is op, yet only 1 guy has one per 3 months. So none of those 3 are the main issues. Redditors are wrong imo.

The only solution I'd find is to give training wheels to the classes vets DO play & then give new players some lessons for vehicles too.

The only solution for new players:

Ok MOST new players play MEDIC. It's not even up for debate. That's what they play. I don't know why. I started playing medic more often, not till like a few months ago. Same goes for Engi & HA. Only lately. I suppose they play medic for exp, I just forgot I use to do that long ago.

So New Players most played classes.
    1) Medic
    2) Light Assault
    3) HA / Sniper equally

What do they not play? They don't play Engineer for fighting, nor for driving. New players don't touch driving. Few touch Lightnings about it. Tho many hours you'll have a whole army of 48+ that doesn't touch vehicles for half the day. I play NC on US East & this is how it is. Theirs just all medics who never touch the vehi term even while /yell for them to do so. Esp for early day hours.

Theirs about as many new player HA as new player Snipers. New players do not play pistol. Do not play SMG.
    Yet take option 3 out of the equation. & You have 1) Medic 2) LIght Assault. Since those are the noticable ones.

TBH the solution is to rework the medic. Medics right now are built for vets. They are squishy. Have no defense. Have pinpoint hs accuracy that only a vet knows how to utilize. Yet its the class all the new players play? It's the class MOST LIKELY TO DIE. heh.

The solution is the flip that narrative to the opposite. Make medics a HP driven class. While the HA is shield driven. So Medics get more HP than all the other classes, still keep their accuracy, yet their guns do weaker dmg. Which is better than medics being glass cannons for new players, dying like paper left & right. With no scouting tools, invis, shields, or jetpacks. Nothing to defend themselves with.

Essentially building the " new player class " for new players. Not for vets. Right now medics are for vets, they only have defense if they HS the enemy Outfit War vet style, before they die. Noobs don't do that. So noobs just die as medic non stop. Thus ye buff medics hp by a ton and weaken their dmg by 1/3rd.

Plus medic need a item that helps them storm rooms, instead of waiting by the side of a door dying the grenades and bullets non stop. Making no progress. Door stalemate. Till I smoke attachment the room & these allies maybe may enter.
  6. AuricStarSand

You can't buff Light Assault or people would say they are op. What you can do for LA is give new players all the signs to USE AMBUSHER JETS. My god why is the most obvious fun ability that's simple af to use. Only being used by 2 out of 96 allies? All the time & that's it?

New players do not know how to Ambusher jet. they don't do it. Theirs never 10 allies using ambusher jets together. never. Not even for a platoon is their guys doing this. Less you had a super organized outfit that one hour per month. Tho regularly no.

That's the issue with PS2 it has all the fun class combos that never happen year after year. Wanna knife with other knifers? forget it no UI to make that happen. Wanna Ambusher jet with tons of ambusher jetters? No UI to make that class crashes happen more often. Wanna just only medic crash and only max crash? Then sure that works. Yet the other 20 types of class crashes don't happen. Engi wall crash. Mana turret crash.

Anyways back to topic. Ambusher Jets. Need missions to use these. Need to give new players ambusher jets for free. Ambusher jets needs even more ways to highlight new players using this. For sure has to be free no certs.

Then noobs don't know how to storm doors. They don't use mana turrets. They don't use smoke attachment to smoke the door. They don't have outfit caltrops unlocks to caltrop the door or the path up to the door. They don't know how to enter the door safely as a medic. So they hug the side of the door & often just stand there stalemate dying. So how to help noob medics and light assault storm doors as a team? Instead of just waiting outside the door dying. Lmk.

Then you just flat out teach them to drive a tank safely, without putting themselves in a risky front position where they die. Meaning teach them to snipe with their tanks before they learn to engage proximity.

None of them redeploy enough. Many stay mid for the entire alert. They don't redeploy without a platoon waypoint & even then may not leave mid. They don't redeploy solo or think for themselves for matters of the map. Nobody uses shield squad cert markers enough only 2 guys per 100. New players prob don't even know theirs a squad cert page. I wish new players knew how to redeploy solo, hack a term, then propt that sunderer to a ninja base on their own. Without needing a platoon marker to do so.

Getting people to leave Nasons, leave Ascent, Leave Mirror Bay, leave the Crown when they've been their for a hour already & we need pop elsewhere. Redeploying for sure is a fuction that should be looked at. You also get these lazy herd zergs that don't redeploy even when yelling at them. They'll just swarm a tech plant and keep going down the same lane. Redeploying needs to FLANK with its features. Meaning more mandatory Steele Rains. More making soldiers redeploy. Not allowing people to engage the same middle base for the 4th to 6th time in a row. Making people play the alert. Making people ninja more often. This " press U " stuff doesn't work. & many times a platoon leader leads everyone to ghostcap or stay mid which is the same issue. So platoon waypoints aren't the solution. Only mandatory redeploying features would solve.

& Ye some people don't like steele rains " took me out of my farm wahh " , tho most people seem to enjoy them. 10/12 favor.

Invis Sunderer shouldn't cost a extra 1,000 certs to unlock. Also the starter gun for sunderers is suicide and most won't have certs to lvl their sunderer guns till lvl 60+. So giving them that starter sunderer gun has prob gotten so many noob sunderers killed. Millions. It's suicide. So I'd give new players at least one good gun to defend solo against enemy Lightnings when driving. & the only gun that is able to do that. Is the Bulldog. So ye one free Bulldog for new player Sunderers. At least a Fury.
  7. AuricStarSand

As for 2 new medium nature esk maps. The prize of seasonal vet return PS2 play.

NEXUS 2.0 : Who wants to play this map every week and not just once per year? Who wants Shattered Warpgate field points and trees added to this map? *Everyone likes that*.

Shattered Warpgate tree forest farms, with pommel gardens style spawn room bunker buildings. Seeing as Shattered Warpgate jungles had no official spawn rooms and relied on silos, which we want official jungle spawn rooms. Ez done. Weekly alerts.

[IMG]

Koltyr 2.0 : Who wants all 3 towers removed for four ti style rock bridges? Who wants warehouse bunkers the type that B point of Koltyr has, built under the rock bridges? Who wants tall grass and some trenches too for infantry grass field fights? Who wants some pommel gardens style boulder mazes? Similar boulder paths.

Else just throw two " The Stronghold " base fort designs in the middle and put 4 TI rock bridges around both stronghold bases. Ez. Done. Weekly alerts.

[IMG]
  8. AuricStarSand

Highlight the map for them. Where are the shield markers? Where do they get a sunderer to drive to a low pop base to ninja solo? Are their missions that help them ninja a 1-12 region solo? Most platoons don't split their zerg, so even they need motivations to split their zerg.

To sway the herd.

To split the ghostcappers.

To redeploy the swarmed hornets.

To flank the one track minded.

To get to fly your own droppod.

The previous instant action was more entertaining, now few use the " J " button. Make " J " button great again.

Redeploying has to be more entertaining then the laziness of zerging is.

Overall. How to make the map more important. & easier to read for new players. So they may solo sunderer the links on their own. At least assist with shield markers. Yet only waiting for platoon waypoints? As a means of redeploying, isn't good enough.
    Means redeploying has to have some events timers maybe. Something auto for helping new players ninja low pop bases.

I personally main Magscatter pistol and knife stalker infil lately for NC. So my fav roadmap suggestions would be getting Hermes cloak for NC & a 2nd version of Hermes cloak made just for the knifers. Since I don't want to have a primary to think about when knifing. Just a 2ndary only. & getting cortium bomb that only damages infantry.

Since not having the cort bomb for Infil is boring? The bomb was only op verse enemy sunderers & silo modules. The previous style of modules don't even exist anymore, even if they were the only fun thing for infantry to shoot at for silo raids. & easier to set up? lol.

The cort bomb wasn't even op verse tanks or infantry, it's literally a 13 second timer that almost relies on dumb luck to use effectively. Even if you played Infil you still had to time someone door entry by 13 seconds, if you scored a 13 sec pre planned kill you deserve that.
  9. AuricStarSand

Suggestion. Glory for kills. Stated before. The scoreboard top right names are too small of font so nobody knows who scores killstreaks during a session other than a score tab board nobody looks at or some names on the top right nobody sees? else a bounty system which doesn't explain how you got the kills to everyone. Game needs a freaking HALO ANNOUNCER to tell everyone how awesome someone is doing for kills. & what weapon they used.

So if I kamikazee flashbang a room, then ambusher jet over, to suicide c4 x2 the enemy room, & shoot a few guys , after dying trying that 4 times, nobody knows. " Woo "

The only real people who know how good you are is by being killed by the same vets over a coarse of weeks. & Vise versa. Not by some in game feature the game provides. Other than the death screen.

I've pressed tab 20 times for 6 years of playing, to look at scores. The scoreboard isn't seen. Even if people press tab, you then have to stop, & it's still not a entertaining way to hear of proximity killstreaks. So ye " killstreak highlight features per player ".

A feature that highlights all kills, any kills for the region for regions with less than 48 pop.

& for regions with over 48+ pop, only killstreaks get some halo announcer type voice for over 10+ killstreaks. & killstreaks of 3 to 10 get large font highlights.

" This person _____ is a JUGGERNAUGHT with 11 kills with __ icon of weapon used! "
  10. AuricStarSand

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_Islands

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Desolation

Is Desolation a 3rd new medium map? Haven't seen.

1 month edit Koltyr 2.0. Simply delete towers for Stronghold bases, boulder mazes, & rock bridges.

1 month edit Nexus 2.0. Simply add Shattered Warpgate trees, with outside A field spawn rooms, to sides of map.

1 month of edit Desolation. For infantry battles outside with mountains. FFA DM map with 40 jumppads. Be funny to have a steering droppod mountain map. With no factions. Just you verse everyone. Shows who scored the most after the alert. Top 20 out of 80.

Equals. 3 months. For 3 new medium size maps. Only had to edit delete the towers of koltyr + add to the outskirt land and tweak some roads for better parking locations. Add 200 trees to the sides of Nexus, 2 open A fields, & 4 spawn buildings. Then turn Desolation to what the devs want. Just so infantry get to farm mountains.
  11. AuricStarSand

Then a 2nd mode For Desolation, that has squads of 12 verse all other squads of 12. Also no factions. Either solo verse all mode or squad verse squad. so 7 squads equals 84 pop for a medium map. May join a squad with someone from diff factions. Squad shuffler no pre planned squads. Maybe you ally with a friend maybe not. Just for Desolation.

So Koltyr 48vs48vs48+ limit?

Nexus 64 verse 64
    Make one faction turn to nso free agents to join the other 2 factions equally, so side verse side is easy to figure out.

Desolation; 84 pop limit.
    Desolation 1 verse 1 times 84 mode. Solo FFA steering droppods.
    Desolation 12 verse 12 times 7 squads mode. 84 pop. Squad verse squad DM.
  12. AuricStarSand

This video was very good. One of his best.

The most notable take away was the mention of doorways that lead to wide views.
    So that everyone inside just shoots the doors. Which is why Lashers win room holds that have stairs.

My favorite bases are Pommel Gardens. The Stronghold. & Sharpe's Run

Pommel Gardens obviously boulder paths and rock bridges are the way to go.
    so gets the vote. If only their was more land mass for better grass vehicle fights around Pommel Gardens. Then the flanks were more tricky windy. And had more land again for the maze.

Sharpe's Run is just for a sweet warpgate fight base. Would be better if the outside wasn't such a chokehold for the warpgate vehicle to erase all the attackers vehicles too easily. For the swamp. Yet good infantry base.

The Stronghold is what they shoulda gone for wayyyyyyyy more often. Which is any base inspired by Starship Trooper forts. From SOE years till today.

Then theirs some other nominees like using the jumpads for infantry farm ways. Sideways jumpads that don't shoot you too far. Yet enough for drifter jets and such to use for fights. Theirs no region with many jumpads. Like jumpads inside a warehouse fight.

The walkways of Shrouded Skyway. Why not used elsehwhere? The walkways ewok planks.
    The only tower I like is Matsuda Genetics. I think think a medium size use of dev made walls around a tower is a way better use for dev made walls, than Amp Stations are. Walls around towers Matsuda Genetics awesome > regular towers without walls no ty > boring Amp Stations with walls nobody uses enough.

Bushes don't even hide your infantry enough for a freaking prowler to not see you. 3 lil bushes by a tree ? Like what kind of nature cover does this game have. Which is why Shattered Warpgate was going down the right path. They knew everyone liked the infantry Shattered Warpgate Esamir jungles, just not the silo deploy empty field system, the S.W. Esamir fights were good the spawn sucked. Then they worked on something they didn't know if infantry would like; Oshur.

The only " mountain farm " for infantry. Is Kwahtee mountain which isn't a mountain farm per say, since it's just a minor ledge area near a spawn room. Most of the fighting is inside the mountain. Then theirs Ravens Landing mountain, tho that's just some snipers and AV max's shooting stuff below, not really a infantry verse infantry mountain farm. Ascents mountain grass area is more of small flat prairie then a mountain with hills. So really the only true mountain farm for infantry; is around the bottom right of Amerish. Most likely not even near the bases, just some lone sunderer bot right of Amerish for a lucky fight there. Till a Lib destroys the sunderer.

That's why Desolation would be for infantry mountain hill farms & 40 sideways jumppad map. Maybe even rock bridges too.

Then if Koltyr isn't the rock bridge map. Koltyr would be the boulder path maze map. Suggest 2 Stronghold Forts added to Koltyr to replace the towers & the third base just be a Pommel Gardens style boulder maze that's x4 the size of the regular Pomme Gardens boulder flanks.

As for the video:

Yes theirs too many door fights. That's why Trdients and Interlinks aren't saving PS2 they are the same door fight base design, built with a different style, yet getting the same results. Which is why Pommels Gardens maze paths and Indars Rock bridge are wanted. They get people away from the doors. While still getting entertained with infantry gameplay.

As for actually building bases for infantry and not just nature environments for infantry. Well most of my favorite bases for infantry are themed. One reminds of me Ewoks walkways (shrouded skyway). One reminds of Starship Troopers (The Stronghold). One if prob the best infantry base to hold near a enemy warpgate ( Sharpe's Run).

Crux Mining Operations is a sweet infantry base, yet so out of the way it doesn't get farmed enough. Same goes for the Stronghold. Too near the warpgate to try often. Mekala Auxillary compounds 2 floor bunker is good and spawn room run path is fine. Yet all the stuff that looks like tech plant gates with av turrets is trash on the way there, leading to that 2 floor bunker. I'd delete all the gate objects west of that 2 floor A point building.

Some people really like nasons. Tho I don't want to be stuck at any one base.

- Favor Lith & Raven to edit as much as Ascent was for equal fights at all 3.

- Favor TI & Hydro had better tunnel and rock bridges. Crossroads having a 2nd rock bridge to A of Crown. Hydro and TI having better siege options. Crown and TI siege options.

- Nasons idk how you bridge 2 other bases with nasons. yet you could make some ewok hunters blind type platues surrounding all the trees of nasons. So theirs tree fights and not just tunnel fights.

- Esamir has a tech plant, which is ok for a tech plant I give Eisa a pass, as I don't like most tech plants.

Idk what I'd toss Esamir. Yet would be sweet if the north east lane and the south east lanes were more popular. That Saerro was farmed a lil less. Wish their was a point between Watersons Echo & Eisa. That empty field 40 meters east of Echo Valley.