DEVS - Before You make a New Vehicle. Fix This First. .

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ps2pIayer, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Ps2pIayer

Ive been meaning to make this video for a long time, but its alot of editing and recording to deal with, but i finally got around to it.

This is literal proof of why the javelin needs a speed Buff. this is the footage i never post up, but its well past due.

all these clips are the soul reason why the javelin is hard to use, because you have to deal with all of these problems while using it.

and get this, its even worse if you don't have your javelin equipment maxed out.

note: Some of these clips are for the sake of what you need to know when fighting vehicles, but most of them are clips showcasing just how bad latencyside affects your performance on a javelin, especially if you do not even realize how to deal with stuff like this.

i have not bothered to make a tutorial on the javelin because of these issues, they are too complex, and you wont understand it at all unless you spend hundreds of hours as i have on the javelin. Ive aurax'd the javelin twice, and working on my third, every bullshido problem while on the javelin i have experienced and encountered and already know how to deal with those problems, even when i shouldn't have too.

if there is anyone in this game you need to talk too when it comes to these issues, its me, there is no one else in this game who has put the time and work into the javelin to fully master it and consistently kill the top players of the server i am on (emerald)

as i said in the video, a simple fix to this issue is to either buff the booster speed of the javelin OR increasing its boost duration, tweaking the side to side hover speed by increasing it, (for both combat and speed chasiss) and fixing the hitbox issue.

halberd users always manage to shoot me off the javelin, rarely ever do they actually destroy me and the javelin.

you wouldnt even notice or realize such issues like this in the video as all other vehicles except for flash obviously are not 1 shot.

i am not a new player, but if a new player or new player to the javelin sees this, they would automatically call it hackusations, when it isnt. However, in the time ive been riding the javelin i have come across a very small few sus players who are able to shoot me off of my javelin fairly fast Via infantry or vehicle, Consistently, (i know how to dodge well while riding, but you have to sweat just to do so, and in most cases my approaches are lazy depending on my mood, but when i do suspect somone of cheating to kill me, i purposly keep going to them to die, dodge, and other tricks ive learned to spot these kinds of subtle cheaters) in those moments i never record it because those occasions are RARE but i will try to clip them whenever i can.

these clips however, are all real encounters. nothing fixed. i do not need to fix or forge any footage because as you can clearly see, these problems happens by itself, consistently.
    • Up x 3
  2. VV4LL3

Absolutely, your video highlights a crucial issue.

Your insights about the Javelin's challenges resonate with a broader problem affecting all NSO vehicles. They seem to be designed as inherently weaker compared to faction-specific vehicles, which is quite unfortunate. Not only are these vehicles plagued with bugs, but they also suffer from a significant imbalance. This is evident in vehicles like the Dervish, Chimera, and Defector, each underperforming compared to their faction counterparts.

Your suggestion for a speed buff for the Javelin is spot on. It's clear from your extensive experience and the footage you've shared that the Javelin's current state makes it challenging to use effectively, especially considering the additional hurdles you face without fully upgraded equipment. The issues you've documented, such as latency affecting performance, add another layer of complexity that shouldn't be overlooked.

Your proposal to enhance the booster speed or increase the boost duration, along with adjustments to the hover speed and hitbox, seems like a reasonable approach to address these issues. It's evident that you've put in a tremendous amount of time and effort into mastering the Javelin, making your suggestions and observations particularly valuable.

The struggles you've encountered, even as an experienced player, underscore the need for these adjustments. It's vital for the game's balance and for providing a fair experience to all players, whether they're veterans like yourself or newcomers trying out the Javelin for the first time.
  3. FLHuk

I love this video, bravo, brilliant. This is what I lovingly refer to as the youtube experience.

I love the work of https://www.youtube.com/@AuraxiumChannel

Watched, Renzor, Iridor, etc etc etc. Yet my experience of the game was worlds different, to the point are we even playing the same game?!

Cyrious stands out in the open waving flags, headshotting at will, amazing player! I expose my left knee for 0.0000001 sec and HS. with 487 people having dealt me damage!

Your vid, montage, is my daily experience of PS2!

Christ, even when the game tells me I headshot people I'm like, hell no, at best it was his foot!
  4. Somentine

Latency affects literally every player playing any class, or in any vehicle. I don't see anything unique to Javs in the video.

Tracers are also clientside; those shots that look like they missed are only 'misses' because your client is creating them based on the info it had at the time, and they aren't the actual shot, hence why you can also be hit by tracers that do zero damage.

The Rocket Launcher bug has existed for eons, it isn't unique to the Jav. Needed to be fixed years ago, but lol gl with that.

-----------------

As for speed buffs, it will make you harder to hit, but it will also cause more extreme cases of your video examples when you are hit; you will look like you are farther and farther away from a tracer/shot, and it will seem like they killed you from 15m away instead of 10m.

If your goal is to reduce clientside bs by being faster, then it largely fails. If it's just because you think the Jav is too slow, then fair enough.

Also, you seem to have abnormally high clientside issues. I've played against those exact OO players and never had even close to that clientside bs you do. Only when the servers are taking a **** do I see that much delay. If you have low ping, watch your network to see if it's dropping packets or doing something funky.
  5. Ps2pIayer

failure of a conclusion when you havent spent actual time using it yourself and doing everything as i have on it. Same goes for you always "post fisu" "post stats" if you dont see anything wrong with being shot by a magrider while on its literal side, then idk what to tell you. the difference is that javelin is one shot against vehicle shells / rockets compared to infantryside and other vehicle fights where you arent one shot, excluding head bolting obviously.

so if you dont know how to properly manvuer to avoid latencyside shots in the first place, you wont have good time on the javelin, and its largely affects when you make abrupt movements such as turning around, AKA just like the first clip, the vanguards aim sensitivity is higher which is why by the time the killcam showed up, his turret was still turning my way,( which is also affected by clientside.) its the same deal when turning a javelin, on my screen i already did a full dodge/turn, but on their screen, i am still in a horizontal position.

nope. i never had this issue once until the construction update. and been taking note of it ever since. it may be if you are infantry shooting rockets but never had the issue when i was using my vehicle and swapping seats. another bug arised this recent patch or they discreetly added in better lock on tracking for lock on rockets / hummingbird because all lock on rockets are doing full 360's after passing me and still killing me where as they used to pass me and not instantly do 360's and blow up right after successfully dodging them.

-----------------
    Not really. AP Rounds/Halberds will still be faster then any javelin speed buff. and it doesnt matter because of the javelin hitbox is large as well. lots of good infantry players have good tracking aim and im consistently killed by select weapons of every faction, and when it comes to VS and NC, NC can kill me fast because of their damage, and VS can shoot me down easily because of their no bullet drop, pulsar LA, pulsar LMG kill me the most, as well as orion, and betelguse.

then it will make it obvious that its an actual clienside kill. in order to be good on the javelin you have to learn to deal with clientside in order to dodge properly while fighting infantry / vehicles. thats the whole point of the video. if you have not sat and used the N.E.S.T / had a proper dogfight with a vehicle (without sneaking up on them) on the javelin you wouldnt even understand.

as i just said above, its not to reduce clientside, its to actually properly be on par against vehicles as their projectile speeds are faster then boosting/dodging, and clientside is what makes it worse to understand when / where to manuever your vehicle, as i said in the video, you have to always be 3 steps ahead.

im fully aware that when i am on the side of a vehicle, he is actually pointing at me due to clientside ,but you wont see it, hence why i dodge / boost at that time to cover / out maneuver him based on looking at his turret you can easily tell after you been killing vehicles on the javelin who uses fast aim sensitivity and who doesnt, as well as constantly fighting the same vehicle mains / infantry mains. 99% of the time they never change their tactics when fighting me.

those were large fights where you saw 00, clientside spikes for everyone in large fights, so when you pair it with people with good aim, thats your result, no matter how good your at evasion, they already killed you before you even started your evasion/boost, because on their screen your still moving slow during the window of you dropping mph to turn/reverse drive, when you actually boosted away long ago.
  6. karlooo

I am pretty sure those are bots in your video. Whose purpose is to keep the game active, possibly change difficulty to stop a faction from excelling. An idea to keep the game balanced.
    But it's just stupid. It doesn't bring money to the game, it doesn't make it fun. It makes the game ultra repulsive for the side with leadership, which should be the number 1 priority. Without leadership, communities, the game just sucks.

Bots should not be kept secret from us. It should be used. It could be included as an outfit asset 'call reinforcements'. They simply could be easy mode bots which are fun to attack and gets discluded from faction pop. Just add numbers of easy bots to support some struggling faction without getting included in the faction pop... Give them a unique model.

It could be included as both an asset and random support, just make it fun. You can use it to your advantage to make the game fun. Keeping it a secret as if nobody would notice is silly.
  7. Somentine

I never said there isn't anything wrong with the bs of clientside, I said that this is not an issue unique to the Javelin, and that is an absolute fact that is provable with every infantry class or vehicle in the game, while fighting any infantry class or vehicle in the game.

It's entirely possible there are more bugs that have been introduced, but the rocket launcher bug is definitely not new, and they all need to be fixed. Again though, it isn't a unique jav problem. It can happen while switching between any rumble seat on any vehicle, and it can even happen if you die or resupply/change class too fast.

So you're just asking for buffs because you feel the Jav is too weak/vulnerable? That's fair enough.

Just stop using clientside as an arguement for it, as this isn't unique to OHK vehicles; ESFs and flashes also get rando OHK'd, and especially for ESFs, it can look like the shot missed by 20+ metres every single time.

For that mag clip specifically, you didn't get shot btw, you got run over.

Ah.
  8. Somentine

Was wrong, he did blast you, not run you over.
  9. Ps2pIayer

yeah i am well aware none of these are a javelin "unique" problem. Never had i said clientside was unique to the javelin.

It's entirely possible there are more bugs that have been introduced, but the rocket launcher bug is definitely not new, and they all need to be fixed. Again though, it isn't a unique jav problem. It can happen while switching between any rumble seat on any vehicle, and it can even happen if you die or resupply/change class too fast.

So you're just asking for buffs because you feel the Jav is too weak/vulnerable? That's fair enough.

Once again, no idea where your getting the "unique to the javelin" unless thats just the counter conclusion your making for your statements, it actually is an arguement for the javelin as 90% of the deaths on the javelin are due to clientside.

being shot at somthing that isnt looking at you, and once again, i already know client side isn't unique to the javelin, the difference is that your one shot, so it really makes that much of a difference.

this is no different then what redditors are using as an "excuse" for bolters decloaking, funny enough those very same people who have been making infiltrator bait posts on reddit to circle jerk off of, i have clips of coming up behind them and c4ing them, no cloak, no bolting. AKA Landwhale, and Effect, both who play together frequently.

what you dont understand is that you cannot properly use the javelin as any other vehicle due to it being clientside affected, AKA manuvering, you are almost always seeings things in a delayed view which is what this video is showcasing, Tank barrels not even looking your way, but you still die, which makes the actual gameplay of using it hard, because once again you are one shot.

which is also what ive been pointing out about "being 3 steps ahead" at all times even when fighting infantry / vehicles.

i have many clips killing infantry and vehicles and in all of them you mostly see me sneak up on them for this very reason. so simply increasing the base speed / booster speed WILL at best lessen this issue of vuneralbility when you add your own skill into the equation of predicting when the infantry / vehicle is going to shoot back, None of these issues you would understand Via text which is why i made this video in the first place.

Javelin is by far "Weak" in the weapon sense of using the salamander / hydra / N.E.S.T. The Celeste is the only truly useless weapon.

ive already discussed this with other experienced javelin mains in game, as we do not pair up specifically in groups because redditors will end up crying about us eventually in some sort of way, and thats why vulnerability is the main issue, and clientside just makes it worse for people who dont know how to properly deal with these encounters, which is why you dont see many people using the javelin in the first place.

slowenbot already raised these issues in the past and it was ignored, so i wouldnt be surprised if it still is even after this footage, however he never showed actual footage of these issues as i have, so in that case anyone can make up scenarios in their heads when it comes to gameplay and balance.

That being said if nothing is done about it i really dont care all that much as i barely play this game as much as i used too, But there are ALOT of things the javelin is useful for as far as turning the tides in a fight that many players dont even know about in the current state of the game, but thats secret tech i will not discuss.

Alas if the devs ever want to look into some issues this post is in the archives atleast.
  10. Somentine

Not 'counter' anything, I don't have any issues with buffing the Javelin. In this case I simply read your post and watched your vids, and most of it points to clientside deaths being THE big issue, which, as I've repeated, is not unique in anyway to the Javelin, and therefore isn't a strong argument to base changes off of.

The OHK aspect of the Jav doesn't make a difference; even if you had 0ms delay, you would still get blasted, it would just feel like less BS, and this is because the Jav just can't maneuver as you'd think it should be able to.

There is a difference in this case; the clientside interaction with cloak is a very unique problem. No other mechanic in the game allows a person to sit invisible (or near enough) in plain sight and gain the clientside advantage.

There are other mechanics, like the Ambusher jets (for a few other reason as well), like exiting vehicles/turrets/drop pods/etc., like medic revives, and so on, that also all have unique clientside problems.

I'm not disagreeing; clientside is complete BS and is compounded by horrendously low tick rate and high ping players. I've experienced it to unbelievably stupid degrees even while playing infantry.

It is actually incredibly similar to the infantry experience of never being able to stand still (when in other games you actually want to), and constantly having to play as if you are ~1-2 seconds in the past ("being 3 steps ahead"), so I do sympathize, just that isn't a good argument when the entire game plays this way.

------------------------------------

As for strong arguments, I would instead look to the patches where they nerfed the mobility and barely buffed the weapons to bring it more in-line with the flash, which failed horribly. I'd bring up the global stats (KPU, KPM, KDR) of the Javelin to show just how little the 'buffs' did, and how dismal the Javelin is in general. Finally, I'd bring the more subjective issues of how it actually feels to use (with your vids), and also your own character's stats to back up your experiences (and any other good Javelin players' experiences/stats).

Wiki and these forums for the patch notes.
    PS2Alerts and Voidwell for the global stats.
    Honu and FISU for your own stats.