CPU Intel Ecores 12th Generation or later causing massive stutter

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jan 10, 2024.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Just to let you folks know. The 12th generation CPU's or later causing bad stutter and big frame rate drops.

I should not be seeing 30-50 FPS in big fights at 100+ players or big latency spikes on my PC. Not with a 14th Generation I9-14900KF and a Nvidia 4090 Graphics Card at 1440p resolution. I can run games like Cyberpunk with everything maxed out and not see drops below 120 FPS that are far more demanding and taxing.

This is a common issue with games that are 10+ years old for Intel.
  2. OneShadowWarrior

It's bad when I as the player have to write a code to address this.

%ComSpec% /C Start "Planetside 2" /High /Affinity FFFF "D:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe"
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Failed to mention this is with Windows 11 and Intel CPU's
  4. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you for your report.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

This code I typed was put on Planetside desktop under properties, target file.

It will vary depending on where the player has his game saved as my main Win 11 drive is C and my save file is D.

This can alleviate players from having to go to there motherboard settings and shutdown Ecores. A feature Windows 11 needs to figure out. In intense fights, they are taking over for the main CPU which is not technically supposed to happen.

Most people will run it this way:

%ComSpec% /C Start "Planetside 2" /High /Affinity FFFF "C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe"

Thanks Microsoft!