[Vehicle] Please unabandon the liberator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OscarTheGallant, Jan 10, 2024.

1. OscarTheGallant

I find it quite disappointing that it hasn't received any content in the last decade. whats more disappointing is how much content Wrel added to the game to counter it. Can the community please have some content for it in 2024? I would be grateful if we can bring back thermal optics for the lib.
  2. FLHuk

What would you suggest?

I'd recommend.
    • Remove the ability for the pilot to get to the gunners seats without leaving the vehicle first.
    • Give it 90% less damage output if the hex is less than 24 enemy.
    • Make it unable to fly upside down for more than 30 seconds before the pilot passes out and vomits.
    • Give it 60 seconds of super sized Phoenix wings of pure golden light every time it gets away on fire and lives.
    • The above wings damage everything within the hex, 4 dmg every 2 seconds. EVERYTHING, even your dining table and toilet brush.
    • Up x 1
  3. VV4LL3

Let's put into perspective how powerful the liberator is:

It can effectively produce nearly 750 dps, compared to ESFs @ around 200 dps, or the Dervish (the supposed counter) at little more than 100 dps.

E.g. It takes 1 shot from the dalton and 1 nose gun burst, or 2 daltons to kill a Dervish (massive hitbox too), while the Dervish main gun and gunner XAT, takes nearly 8, and has a fraction of the HP.

The speed, maneuverability, over all health pool, and damage output of the liberator is unmatched.