[Suggestion] Ranked/Rated Servers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VV4LL3, Jan 3, 2024.

1. VV4LL3

Fresh players are essential to keep any game thriving. After conversing with numerous newcomers in mentor squads, a common sentiment arises: their gaming experience suffers significantly because of the presence of highly skilled players. Many of these players believe they have little opportunity to improve when battles are exceedingly brief and intense, with low survivability.

One potential solution to this issue is the automatic transfer of characters with high K/D (Kill/Death) ratios, high accuracies, and similar metrics to a separate server. Alternatively, providing players with notably low K/D ratios, accuracies, etc., the choice to join a separate server could also be considered.
  2. FLHuk

Sadly, as with the auto ban system, there are those that would find it fun to break this. They'd even post yutub vids of themselves doing it and laughing.

You'd end up with CQC sniper vids of 1 million killstreaks on nubs. You'd just know that out there somewhere there would be a small willy so hard it could break granite.

The only way to break the new player horror cycle is to actually ban those cheating regardless of their spending.... Gaijin, 40k banned, mostly spenders and long term players.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder...e_scale_cheaters_ban_from_undercover_cheater/

If this link breaks the new rule #5 I fully accept my suspension / ban.
    • Up x 2
  3. VV4LL3

I believe implementing a tiered server system could potentially address this issue more effectively. It appears that the problem of experienced players taking advantage of newer ones persists, and this proposed solution aims to create a clearer distinction in skill levels. This way, players can engage with others of similar skill within reasonable limits.

This is just one approach to ensure new players have a better experience and remain engaged with the game. What are your thoughts and suggestions for addressing the concerns raised by new members?
  4. FLHuk

While It is a very interesting idea I think Sony would've been the people to handle it and they tried Koltyr till certain BR. Till certain consistent "insert stat here" instead of XP gained might have been wiser.

They may have had more plans for it but second passes of anything are unicorn poop.

Meanwhile, the "potential" new player experience :D >>>

• Up x 1
  5. VV4LL3

I concur, Doctor.
  6. Ps2pIayer

making a whole new server system would take them a long time just to do that. also there are good players with bad KD's because they are bored with the game and start doing trolly stuff like ramming ants into vehicles or c4 suiciding themselves with flashes or running around knifing people.

im more inclined to believe the reason why new players don't stay is because

- its a partially dead/dying game and people complain in yell chat about so many things
    - its a grind to get certs (the missions in this game are already annoyingly boring to do, i haven't done one myself in 2 years)
    - 90% of the weapons are mediocre and do Fk all against the mass amounts of Heavy mains running around with Pulsar LMGs, Butchers, T Carvs, orions, betelguses, gauss saw, god saws, and you will barely ever kill them unless you sneak up on them because they can shoot you down in 0.75 seconds. so many instances where i see heavy mains fighting tomato can low level players at 1-12 12-24 fights camping a building killing 10+ people before they die or get revived by their medic friend + the max player + the random hesh lightning tank + the random air to ground player

- Weapons and implants themselves take forever to get, especially implants. at this point in the game, absolutely no one is going to play 10+ hours to try to win a few alerts for the very little ISO you receive. they should really consider making infantry weapons cost 500 certs instead of 1k and drop the ISO maxing out of implants down from 2475 or whatever it is at max rank to only 1k.

Then you have the annoying 13 second respawn just because its a 52% VS 51% pop difference then all of a sudden you cant spawn there, so you try to spawn at the previous base and try to pull a vehicle, only to be met by a (vehicle term unavailable vehicle term hacked) when it clearly isnt, and by the time you get back to that fight, the fight is already ended. or the enemy already captured the base.

and lastly, new players are actually mostly sent to the off pop continent, and that continent is mostly dead. just join an off pop continent during peak hours (for emerald atleast) and you will see nothing but low level new players who fight like lvl 1 goblins and that one sweaty smurf guy padding his KD by killing them.

when it comes to in game currency and marketing, this games pretty bad at it.

somones clearly doing amazon design marketing for them, it would be better if they took that effort into a special battle pass that you have to pay 10 dollars for, and in the progression for that specific battle pass season, you get cool custom made armors and weapon reskins, or special horns, camos, stuff that already isnt in the game Via doing daily quests for battle pass XP (killing 5 tanks, Hacking 10 terminals, Killing a construction player silo, Getting 10 headshots, and a big XP quest that resets every 3 days, doing 50k damage with a specific weapon. literally all the new games do this and thats one big way they make money.

its also a bad look when they charge 25 dollars for a name change, lots of games i play you can name change with in game curreny (not real money) and name change every 7 days, or a name change for only $4. or the 7999 DBC discount down to 1999 DBC or whatever it is for 2k certs and a few mediocre weapons that they show to new players.
  7. UberNoob1337101

We already kinda have ranked servers in EU

Easy - Cobalt (VS)
    Hard - Miller (TR)

Imo would be cool to encourage vets to start new accounts and main factions that don't have as many regular vets as the more popular factions on that server, and also discourage rerolling on the popular faction. How to do it? Idk.

Do we really need more NC/VS vets stacking when TR is all pubbies? Stacking should be penalized a little on live servers, if only to encourage actual fun fights instead of streamrolling & players redeploying out of lanes.