[Guide] Planetside 2 is simply genius.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Dec 15, 2023.

1. AntDX316

Planetside 2 is simply genius. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't compared everything else.

Massive continent with 3 massive teams and no lag with tons of military weapons to choose from. Voice macros that are individually unique to each faction. Seamless communication among each other and hierarchy. Being able to annotate on the map with ease. Many other things.
    • Up x 3
  2. Effect

Population says otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  3. BlopTheBlam

idk man, 11yrs deep and still thouasands of unique logs per day....

if this dev team actually keeps up the fixes, and doesnt focus on the pit of OW, it might just last another 9+

tell your friends about it, ask if they've ever played a similair game, i doubt it

edit/side note PS2 NEEDS ADS, ADVERTISMENTS, IN ALL THESE YEARS, WE HAVENT HAD A NICE AD CAMP ON X, FB, INSTA ANYTHING, WOULD BE WONDERFULL BUT ONLY AFTER these freaken base play bugs are atleast mostly fixed

the base is still here, and still strong
    • Up x 1
  4. FLHuk

I had a conversation with a new player on Cobalt last night.
    • He couldn't understand why he couldn't remote deploy a vehicle.
    • He didn't think dying within cover was legit, shouted hax.
    • Couldn't get the idea that cover isn't cover for your head.
    • Would not accept a squad invite for mentoring as he "Wasn't a sweaty!"
    • Assumed that every 3k directive player pre shooting the obvious entry points was ESP use.
    Less than 400 on Cobalt last night I believe ( https://voidwell.com/ps2/worlds )
    The poor guy asks....
    • What do we do about all the air killing us over and over while we cover open ground? ( Oshur )
    • I was flak working at the time, uselessly even with 6k kills in a Skyguard cuz Oshur....
    Broke since 2012 and I absolutely love this game to bits.
    ----
    So, surely with all those unique logins daily the question is how do we keep them?
    • Up x 4
  5. AntDX316

I was thinking about loading up some of the data into AI and it showing to people when it matters. As long it becomes free to use I could release it. The AI tokens are coming down in cost due to the price war and the Nuclear WW3 fears of NATO vs RU.
  6. Effect

I

That's cope.

It'll last until another company grows the balls to make a competitor.

99% of the players I've introduced to the game quit.

Advertising for the game is actually a waste of money. We had all the advertisements in the world when covid hit for the Escalation update, which led to the biggest pop increase the game had ever seen since launch but lost almost all of it in just a few months. Bringing in new players doesn't do anything if you don't try to keep those players.
    • Up x 2
  7. BlopTheBlam

and how would they do this? without bringing new people in?
  8. Effect

Per the developers at least a couple years we know the game doesn't have an issue with bringing in new players, it's with keeping them. The games unique nature already brings in new players. But the shiny "back of the box" experience grows dull quickly.
    • Up x 1
  9. FLHuk

"I love this new game I've found so much, as a BR 20, every time I walk oudoors and sometimes indoors I'm creamed by air. I have little or no tools to counter it and my platoon just wants me to die till a hex is captured for the outfit resources"

I L O V E I T S O M U C H !

----
    I'm trying to run mentor squads recently to gauge the new players. No one wants to teamwork.... How the hell do we keep um if their experiences are negative!
    • Up x 2