So does Battleye actually do...anything?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Liewec123

one thing i always do each morning is log into Planetsides official leaderboards to check out which server has the cheaters today, and for TEN DAYS now there has been a statpadder on Soltech, with Battleye doing absolutly nothing to stop him.

due to forum rules i can't name them, but you can ofcourse go to the leaderboards and check the "top kills" for yourself.
    in 10 days since making his char this guy has padded pretty much none stop and reached BR99 (maybe 100 by the time you read this) killing the same guy over and over.

so my question is, how can Battleye be so god damn blind?!

this dude is sitting on a 260-KDR, the guy he is killing has a 0 KDR
    his playtime is 200 hours, thats 200 hours that battleye has been doing absolutely NOTHING.
    78,000 kills in 10 days, 20,000 more than my main which i've played for 10 years.

and can the devs not take a glance at their own leaderboard every once in a while?
    we all know Battleye is useless, but there is no excuse for the devs to not see this glaringly obvious cheater.
    • Up x 2
  2. VV4LL3

Not really. It messes up my Norton, for sure... and bogs down system resources.
  3. FLHuk

There are those players, borgUK1of9 was one, who used to make great posts about this subject.

It's a product, it's not an inhouse tool. Either way it needs staffing, both in operation and or implementation of results gathered.

Like a self driving Tosserla, it can still be driven over a cliff by the user.

----
    I'm sure I remember someone saying from the team. It's about gathering information about the means rather than banning automatically. Then it can be coded out.

Well, that still takes resources. It's very frustrating but our love of PS2 is blinding us to certain realities.

Resources are dwindling. I'd be more than happy with QoL / Bug fixes at this stage and ride it out till the lights go off.

----
    Being my age, 53, I can still remember Devs saying things like "Anything outside of what we intended you to have is a cheat, exploit, banable!". And no dev ever wanted you to have a mouse that could script out recoil made by the leading and largest mouse manufacturers.

Yet here we are. Urinating into a stiff breeze.
    • Up x 1
  4. MonnyMoony

I have been making this argument for years. Why the game can't have an automated weapon lock for obvious cheaters.

When you look at a cheater's stats - they are night and day compared to even a veteran player (particularly when you look across multiple stats). No one stat alone is enough to identify a cheater - but when you consider multiple stats together it's usually obvious.

There are 10 years of player stats that could be trended to see what is normal for vet players - and what is a clear outlier/cheater.

Looking at the top player on Cobalt right now. He has only been playing since the 8th Dec but has amassed over 85,000 kills in that time. Has a K/D of 250. Most kills using Polaris (3077 kills - all but one via headshot). Just today between 10:52 and 10:59am - he amassed 100 kills in less than 7 minutes (averaging 14 kills per minute using a Kobalt-F Flash) without dying once.

Why can the game identify a player that is out of bounds, or inside an enemy spawn room pain shield and kill them - but it can't identify a flying max or somebody camped below terrain or inside walls?
    • Up x 1