nerf lib

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by littleshan1, Dec 14, 2023.

1. littleshan1

• Up x 1
  2. BlopTheBlam

looks fair to me, esp with the bad aim

never mind the fact the lib costs almost 2x what the lightning does to pull
    almost an add to nerf the skyguard
  3. Amador

Having personally used a Skyguard since launch and watching aircraft becoming nerfed time and time again...
    1. There's so few pilots left, even new pilots are unwilling to fly.
    2. AA flak present everywhere. Bases, construction, vehicles and infantry.
    3. Burster AA MAX's blast you from inside their invincible spawn rooms.
    4. MBT's and ANT's regularly equip Ranger AA Turrets.
    5. Light Assault has been given AA airburst Rocklet launcher by default.
    6. Heavy Assault has been given AA lock-on rocket launchers by default.
    7. Just about every engineer is using an Anti-Materiel Rifle now.
    8. A2G splash damage nerfed into obscurity, Libs won't even use Duster anymore.
    I am not a pilot. But I have operated Skyguards for a long time. Every pilot I know curses the "Combined Arms Initiative" for the damages its caused to air gameplay and I think they're right.

It's time to stop advocating the nerf of aircraft, if anything they deserve a buff. Enough is enough.
  4. Liewec123

i'm with littleshan on this one,
    libs are way too tanky for a flying vehicle with anti everything weapons.

there is nothing more frustrating than running a weapon called "skyguard"
    and having a lib just hover around laughing at your tickles before they blow you away in 3 seconds.

my lib costs 360 nanites, thats 10 nanites more than an ESF,
    why the hell would i ever pull an ESF when i can pull a freaking flying fortress
    and have AV (dalton) AI (Spur) and AA (Hyena) all in one flying tank?

and while we're nerfing libs HP can we also make dalton require 2 shots against ESFs again?
    ESFs are designed to keep libs in check, and yet Libs are the apex predator of both land and sky.
    • Up x 2
  5. littleshan1

Lib and MBT at Top of the PS2 food pyramid

it has no weaknesses and risks of use if all player same pro skills , the only thing that can beat MBT is others MBT and Lib, the only thing that can beat Lib is others Lib

Lib is horribly OP, I don't use ESF to shoot down that damn thing, it's so OP that Lib anti tanks can be hunters of ESFs

Even NuclearTouch is on the same team if you consider that the MBT main gun is horribly OP, it hurts infantry, ESF

When will we nerf the Lib and the tank's main gun?
    • Up x 1
  6. Amador

The Liberator is a 3 player vehicle that requires skill, synergy and teamwork to succeed.
    • 1x Liberator (w/ 1 Pilot & 2 Crew [3 Players]) = 4500 HP total.
      Or...
    • 3x ESF's (w/ 1 Pilot ea. [3 Players]) = 9000 HP total. (3000 HP ea.)
    Simply 1x Liberator with 4500 HP is statistically outmatched by 3x ESF's with a collective total of 9000 HP. Thus, creating a disparity of 4500 HP. That means you lose 1500 HP per player seated in a Liberator.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    You are more likely to die in 3-player Liberator than if you were to put those 3 players into 3 individual ESF's.
    1. Liberators are roughly half the size of a Galaxy, being a fairly large target.
    2. Liberators consume manpower to operate, losing overall safety in numbers.
    3. Liberators were already nerfed, losing 500 HP from their previous total.
    4. Liberators are actually quite vulnerable to the Dervish heavy fighter.
    5. Liberators are ideally utilized for close air support and ambush tactics.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    As a Skyguard user, I am aware of the things a Liberator must do to destroy you.

They must rely on ambush and be able to flank you, ideally from behind. They also must catch you isolated and away from multiple sources of crossfire. Additionally, Skyguards were not designed to deliver "directional/critical" damage and have a minimum arming distance for flak.

All of these things are by design to give aircraft counterplay against Skyguards.

Simple. Because player construction can pump out ESF's and Skyguards for pennies of Cortium. Unlike the Liberator which is always hard-stuck on Nanites.

You point out Nanites as a cost concern, yet any pilot worth their salt has long-since moved on to abusing Construction for an endless stream of ESF's. One of the weakest arguments to have been made.

I highly suspect you've formulated this opinion, simply because you found yourself getting stomped on by players whom are highly skilled or have mastered the Dalton. I'll inform you that the Dalton is incredibly hard to use, yet offers some of the greatest risk/reward benefits.
  7. Aris12

It goes more like this (according to me):

1. Oshur
    2. Tie between ESF and lock-on HAs sitting in spawn.
    3. Galaxy with dual Bulldogs/drakes.
    4. Liberator
    5. Valkyrie
    6. MBT
    7. 2-person (skilled pilot/gunner) Harasser
    8. Lightning
    9. 2-person (incompetent pilot/gunner) Harasser
    10. Sunderer
    11. Fury Flash
    12. 1-person Harasser
    Notice that aircraft makeup the top.
    The reason being is that ground units cannot aim their artillery directly up (cannot aim AP guns directly up, meanwhile Liberator and ESF can aim Dalton and Hornets down onto tanks, respectively).
    Skyguard is an FU to both air and ground. Ground players who pull Skyguard do so out of frustration cause their AP guns cannot be aimed upwards. Against air though, it feels like getting no skilled by a noob weapon. Anyhow, the Skyguard user does not readily get kills on air, only scares them off only to then run into an enemy MBT or AP Lightning. Air has access to AA and AV, whereas ground has to choose between AA or AV.
    Playing air does suck sometimes because Skyguard and Ranger Harassers find friendly AV tanks to zerg along with.
    Fix is to eliminate flak and let main ground guns to aim up.
  8. FLHuk

"Thou shalt not nerf air"

"For it was written in the before times, 2012, that the Choon2 upon the hallowed and now lost ground of Lithcorp would be chosen to be the first if he could remain pure to task. A pilot, farming infantry with an ESF would be the first of Legion. Ordained and anointed as the primary BR100."

"And thy Lord God, who's name is now considered blasphemy, looked back upon his work and declared it complete. A2G is the only one true path!"

"Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave, Run like a cushion, Fly like a mouse, Be the small bookcase. Farm infantry from the air!"

----
    Dear moderator, Sarcasm, Irony, Satire, Deadpan, Absurd, Banter. Love you.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

Not really though...
    First the "health" is very deseptive,
    ESFS are squishy as hell, on paper they have 3000 hp, not too far behind the 4500 of lib,
    but in practice they die waaay sooner due to different resistances.

Lock ons take 2x more rockets to kill a lib
    Skyguard take 2.5x more shots,
    Vanguard AP takes 3x more shots,
    And the cherry on top? No small arms chip for libs.

Secondly no, you don't need 3 people with amazing teamwork, solo lib is incredibly easy.
    (I know because I do it, and I suck at flying.)

Thirdly you say 3 people are better in ESFs than all in a lib, well uno reverse card, 3 solo libs are far superior to 3 ESFs!
    And they can all take my anti everything loadout of Spur, Dalton, Hyena.

It's not worth pretending that there is a (readily available) vehicle in this game more OP than lib,
    Because we all know they are top dog, the apex predator.