I'm never playing VS again. When does NC get Hermes?? All factions given abilities. All Utility mine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Nov 30, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

Until VS loses the most alerts, which is never going to happen. I'm never playing VS again. I play the underdog alert winning faction.

So to split abilities just for " faction fashion " is soooooooooooooooooo boring. As a SMG, Auto Scout, Knife, & Pistol Main.

What are even the other faction abilities a HA shield thing & Medic heal radius? I bet I'm not the only person who wants those other 2 abilities for all factions to. Someone else for chat wants them for all factions.

I don't switch alts if one or 2 factions win more than the 3rd faction. So this idea of " faction unique abilities " is meaningless. I'll deal with every faction having unique guns and vehicles. Tho not abilities. Nor utility mines.

EMP, Flash, & Concuss mines given to all factions. Since not enough people use those anyways. Maybe theirs 1 of each type someone might use. Nobody uses them, may as well unlock them all for all faction for more potential use.

Medic, HA, & Infil ability given to all factions. Not enough people use these either. Why do they even want VS to be the " Infil Faction " nobody wants that. Theirs literally memes hating on VS using too many Infils. For years. Tons of memes. Nobody wants VS as the " Infil ability faction for more Infils " when they already had too many infils before Hermes.

That's all. Thanks.

Also this isn't a " minor " feature for me. Hermes is literally what is going to make me want to play or not. Literally. For NC. The knife main.
    • Up x 2
  2. AuricStarSand

I've not stepped on a utility mine for 4+ months. Maybe all year.
    Maybe stepped to 2 since they got added.

Have you guys? heh

I have thousands of proximity mine kills.

They would have to make the utlity mines more entertaining to use. Make the AOE radius times 2 to times 4 more of what it is.

Else make the mine so cheap for nanites that gives reason for people to use them instead of proximity mines.
    & since they aren't able to be thrown, and you have to sit and wait for them unlike proxi mines; they'd have to cost less than a grenade.

How many people does a flashbang grenade hit? 4 to 6 people? Well the mines would have to have AOE for 10 people. Essentially through the walls effectiveness. And before anyone says that's op. I'd rather have the mines be 20% slightly op. than not being used at all for a year. Lots of Aoe utility mines. Else not used at all by hundreds of players. Theirs your options.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

nope! nor have i unlocked any of them, they're just so damn pointless.
    why would i want to apply a debuff to someone who steps on a mine when i can just put a mine down that kills them?
    the utility mines are so pointless.

death>debuff.
    • Up x 3
  4. melioa

Agreed. that old lead Dev who's name shall never be mentioned again.....sure did add some crap to this game.
  5. AuricStarSand

Bump. My NC hero still wants Hermes. Extremely so. Seems ez to toss every faction these equal 3 new faction abilities.

It's literally the only thing given to knifers that's useful. After all these years. Survivalist, Catlike, & Nightmare are a tiny bit useful to knifing yet not enough.

So Yes Hermes for NC. Medic AOE heal for TR & VS. & that new HA ability for all factions too. Ty.

The Utility Mines are useless if they effect you. Aka. I just Emp Mined people and you have to wait for the mine to go off. So you stand near the mine. It goes it. The Emp reveals you. Someone shoots you immediately. Same for flashbang you flash yourself. These mines would have to have a massive AOE, longer effect time, else cheap nanites. To use over proxi mines.

I'm still not able to play VS as they win the most for all servers. They're elite ninja 'ers. So if you do want to support the underdog faction helper vet. Then pls toss Hermes to NC. Thanks.

Moving fast is most needed for knifer's and knifer's aren't just vs mains. Yet Hermes is a smg and scout useable cloak. I mainly knife with stalker to just focus on the knifing and not have to think of guns. Lately Desperado too. Soo maybe keep Hermes as a SMG / Scout ability. Yet give Knifers a new cloak type just for them. I play the knife more than I play the max. Yet the max gets its own class and equipment?
    Knife makes you test the limits sneaking around. How to master sneak.

I'm starting to see how juking has still some skill lvl. As I'm now able to make people panick that I dodge to the side so well while knifing lately. I'm able to make 2 enemy infantry run around as if they just got stung by bees lol. As they try to shoot me while I'm running laps around their back. Asking for ammo.

So ye I'd really like to see how well I do with Hermes more for NC main. Since survivalist only kicks in 1 out of 3 encounters and even then it most likely wont save you. Tho it does help 10% of the time to juke something. Still should buff. The " get speed when reloading " implant I barely notice the speed. " Catlike " I wish jumped a tad higher even with some forward momentum too. Essentially Catlike should jump over peoples heads and so far right now it jumps over a enemy infantry guys body way too slow. So it's just used to climb boxes around hydropon and not much else less crouch walk.

Wish they'd just add a few utilities and / or implants for knifers too. Nightmare requires you to score and kill AND be around 2nd enemy to be useful. Usually just for mobs yet not good for 1vs1's.
  6. AuricStarSand

Dudes. When? I'm at Nasons dying left & right to VS and TR Snipers. Our NC team has no good Infils. Even other people are asking NC to try Infils.

WHY does VS get the Infil Ability? Trying not to be salty, tho who in their right mind wants VS to have more Infils?? I certaintly don't. Most of Reddit shares similar sentiments.

If anything NC should have Hermes and VS gets some lamer medic regen ability, even tho regenning hp isn't even a big deal & the shield pod tool is better. Till as I've stated for a previous thread, they remake medics to have x2 their normal hp.

Toss knifers the only addition to their melee gameplay after 10+ years, ie run speed stealth option, & they make everyone play VS just to try Hermes. & I've overplayed the VS, plus they don't need my help.

" Unique ability " more like the only knifer ability and feature for knifers for 10 years given to one faction only.
    & ye NC needs more infils, have x4 less snipers than the other 2 factions right now.

Not that I snipe, I don't. Still tho, vs def doesn't need to be the infil faction, they already are the vet stacking faction. You really want a fleet of vet vs infils sniping new player nc medics? without even enough nc snipers to cover their teams tail? For nasons swamp fields.
  7. VV4LL3

Great point, I advocate for NSO, so as a NSO main, I feel your pain of not having ANY unique ability and very envious of the other empires.