Unable to load launcher to run the game.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MaxDamage, Nov 29, 2023.

1. MaxDamage

"the procedure entry point "getsystemtimeasfiletime" could not be located"

Played fine last night.

Edit: seems like servers or something are down. My bad.
  2. MaxDamage

Yeah, not sure tbh.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dglider

I am also experiencing this error. Win7 Pro 64 bit.

LaunchPad.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    "The procedure entry point GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll"

LaunchPad.exe - System Error
    "The program can't start because chrome_elf.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I wonder if there's some underlying system that updated and doesn't support Windows 7 anymore. All I can do is guess.

Looks like the devs are on it anyway...
    Status: 11/29/2023 16:25 PST - We are currently investigating an issue with customers on Windows 7 not being able to Launch the game.
    • Up x 5
  4. Tempest_

I tried to make a thread about it but it's yet to be approved by the forum mods.
    Been tryin to see if there was a launcher patch recently that updated the chrome/electron/whatever they use backend in the launcher but nobody is particularly helpful with advice other than "lol just update to 10"

GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime is a function that was added for Windows 8, and Chrome itself dropped support post v109 so if the internal chrome version was updated past this, Windows 7 users will be blocked from the launcher despite the game itself running just fine (and all of the system requirements both on Steam and the Planetside2 website listing 7 as its minimum and optimal)

If they're looking into it, it seems it wasn't intentional. Just hope they can revert it.
    • Up x 2
  5. PS2man

4am EST November 30th still down. Worked fine last night. Thought windows corrupted some files, repaired to no avail. Hopefully this will be rectified soon :oops:
    • Up x 2
  6. chdfhdgfh

Same Problem here on win7.

The "GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime" function has a windows 8.1 requirement. so theres that...

also how do we update the game (once its fixed), if we cant start the launcher?
    • Up x 1
  7. xztraz123

win7, same here "GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime"
    • Up x 2
  8. Mithril Community Manager

We are looking into this matter further.
    • Up x 2
  9. maxkeiser

I have this error as well. Worked fine on Sunday so presume it is something changed by the patch/update:

when I click on the launcher (Win 7) it says the following:

LaunchPad.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The Procedure entry point GetSystemTimePreciseAsFileTime could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mithril Community Manager

The win7 launcher issues should be resolved. Just restart the client and it should download a quick fix for you.
    • Up x 3
  11. Tempest_

Restart the client how? The launcher refuses to open because of the error before you even get to a point where you can potentially download a patch.

Edit: Steam file verification will pull a new launcher, it'll still give you a chrome_elf.dll error and close but it should work the second time.

For standalone clients it looks like we can just download the PS2_setup.exe installer once again and run a Repair, same results gets a chrome_elf.dll error and then the fixed patch.

Backup your ClientConfig.ini first
    • Up x 4
  12. cowwboy3131

I still cant play game win7 on steam.click play with in 30 second back to highlighted play . no error nothing just does not start
  13. MaxDamage

Aha! Yes. I had to use steams verification, and then try to load it twice, because the first time after verification it does nothing. Haha.
    Very good, thanks.
  14. maxkeiser

How do you use Steams verification?

I have Steam but my copy of PS2 is not on it.

Where can I download a new version of just the launcher?

EDIT - NO ISSUES now. Found out how to do it. Got the new install from the main site and did a repair.