Why does a c4 deployable flash kill Bounty MBT's better than my Harasser? Buff Harasser.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Nov 27, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

Buff Harasser. I've c4 deployable flashed 10,000 MBT's. & I'm also the best Harasser driver of the 2 servers.
    Yet STILL my c4 deployable flash kills MBT's x4 easier than the harasser does.

I just had 4 Harassers die to 2 Bounty Magriders. Saerro Esamir.

The Harasser isn't even able to outrun magriders!! Why not. They are built for speed and don't even get the speed advantage with speed racer 3 spec??

& I don't even like to play speed racer 3 spec I'm switching to daredevil forever after unlocking for this alt soon. Need 200 more A7. Daredevil is going to be even slower.

I just don't understand what the heck a Harasser has advantage wise over a Magrider?? nothing.
    Prowlers aren't all that different either. Prowlers have enough speed too.

Harassers seem to only have 2 roles. Kill Sunderers which every vehi has has that option. & 2 fight other Harassers. & before someone lists me stats, just get outta town. I've seen most Harassers for years now & they haven't dueled MBT's on equal ground since repair seat were taken away. THEY'VE ALL DIED NON STOP.

While 98% of Harasser bounty's are from killing Infantry till the Harasser dies from a Mine. & not from fighting MBT's as they use to have.

TBH MBT's are only 150 certs more than a Harasser. So a Harasser shouldn't be x2 weaker & they have been. Meaning their was no real reason to take Rumble seat away. Also Harassers die from Mines x10 more often & are able to die from Infantry too.

Harassers are the meme vehicle.
    They are weak. They hassle sunderers and nothing more. I'd be fine if Harassers got way more SPEED & just did less damage to enemy sunderers. So harassers don't kill fights. don't kill sundy's. Yet get way more speed. Solved. Fair.

& since when I get Daredevil I'll never use racer ever again. The speed gain needs to be for all specs. Not just racer only.

& Ye FOR SURE attaching 2 c4 to a deployable flash is WAY easier to kill a bounty MBT. Then trying to run laps around the MBT without ever being able to outrun it. Even if you try to outrun the MBT it's now on your tail shooting at your tail, not too far behind & you die every single time.

No I don't want c4 to deployable flash nerfed. I'm also bored of attaching c4 to a flash so no need to nerf that. I'd rather duel with harasser. Yet theirs no advantage. Magrider esp & Prowler on your tail. You're now dead. The end.

- Die from flipping over more than MBT's.
    Without daredevil I flip over 1 out of 4 harassers and die.

- Die from other Harassers more than MBT's.
    Harassers chase other harassers more often.

- Die from infantry more than MBT's.
    HA launchers dumbfired at near range.

- Die from mines more than MBT's.
    Too fast to see the mines. rip.

- Die from enemy vehicles lightly tapping you more than MBT's
    If a enemy bus lightly taps you, you're down to 20% hp. If not rip.

" Oh but I'm able to jump over hills and swerve " that won't help. Not to mention swerving around Esamir has you spin out more than a Magburner would.

If a Harasser isn't x2 faster than a MBT than they serve no purpose & they are not. Meanwhile every tank in the game got better at shooting Harassers during the time rumble seats were taken away.
  2. AuricStarSand

Jesus I just died again. Near Elli tower's bridge ice flat area. The magrider sped up to 80 faster than I'm able to. Harassers are SO SLOW.

120 mph is a joke. I need to go 170 to 180 MPH. Also I need to reach 80 MPH x2 faster than a Magrider's magburner is. & From what I just saw. Magburner reaches that faster than a harassers turbo >.>
  3. AuricStarSand

Some guy is saying " Halberd is strong " well MBT's get Halburd too. They also get Saron which is faster than a harasser is.

Their argument is " TR has harasser squads that are tough ". I've replied with " Ye any type of squad meta is tough, even a squad of flashes " so that means nothing.

Fact is Tanks get bounties verse other tanks way more. Even Lightnings get Bounties verse vehicles WAY more than Harassers do. As I've said most harasser bounties are from killing infantry and 18 out of 20 times not from killing vehicles.

Harassers aren't killing 6 tanks ever. Yet a Lighting is. A MBT is. Tanks get to ALL the time. Tanks get bounties from killing harassers & other tanks. Harassers only get bounties from running over infantry.

Less you're that one guy out of 40 harassers who says " but but I do "

Also Halburd is such a boring overused gun at this moment. We get 1 gun option? At this rate I'd rather have them buff Harasser by 100% and just get rid of Halburd entirely. Halburd is boring. So tired of using Halburd. Would rather Harasser be a mid range shoot and run vehicle & get to use Fury more often.

Lightning Bountys verse MBT's > Harasser bounty verse MBT's. Seen 200% more often. Both 300 nanites.

This is also all being stated by the best harasser driver of 2 servers. Saying they are weak. How about people who are average drivers? Theirs a reason after a base is taken and everyone pulls vehicles to the next base. That only 1 guy out of 40 vehicles is driving a harasser 90% of the time. Everyone else is a sunderers & tanks. Why is that? Hmm? Maybe the vehicle sucks?
  4. AuricStarSand

" At the end of the day. A c4 deployable flash has a 80% chance of killing a bounty MBT. While a harasser has a 20%. "

1vs1 pro verse pro. Without either side blind sighted.
    Means it might take 5 harasser vehi terms to kill 1 pro bounty magrider who knows how to chase you.
    Verses one c4 deployable flash when he's not looking.

So:

- buff harasser max speed to 170 mph to 180 mph.

- buff harasser turbo to be x2 faster than magburner is.
    (It's equal for now with sometimes magburner out performing turbo).

- nerf harasser dmg to parked sunderers. so harassers don't kill fights.

Fixed.
  5. VV4LL3

This is the power of Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures (TTPs).

In this particular case, the Kamikaze Flash is guerilla and asymmetric warfare countering a conventional symmetric force -- MBT.

The kamikaze flash has several advantages against an MBT that a Harasser does not.

- Smaller hit box (Maneuver)
    - less Nanites (Economy of Force, Simplicity)
    - Unexpected by both inexperienced and veteran players (Surprise)
    - Appears less threatening in the fray of battle (Surprise)
    - May be solo'd (Perseverance, Unity of Command)
    - Large sudden dmg (Mass)

There is a book I'd like you to read on the subject:

Tactics of the Crescent Moon
    Tactics of the Crescent Moon: Militant Muslim Combat Methods: H. John Poole, Mike Leahy, Ray L. Smith: 9780963869579: Amazon.com: Books

And principles of war:

jp3_0.pdf (fas.org)

On War: Clausewitz, Carl von, Graham, J. J.: 9798580326719: Amazon.com: Books

Good luck!
    • Up x 1
  6. BengalTiger

Honestly I think the Harasser is fine, but as written above, it is not designed for the mission you want to use it for.

Now go to Hossin, figure out how to turbo your way up mountains, and MBTs will not access where you can.
    Now grab a .50 Kobalt, and figure out the rest.
    It can carry a MAX on the flatbed too. Just reverse to whichever choke point you want to control.
    It is a very powerful vehicle.

For open field works, it can use its speed combined with a Halberd's long range to ... well ... harass.
    Don't forget you can bring buddies and dismount AV MANA turrets in those hard to reach places. Then the stealthier the buggy is the better.

For bonus points it can equip some AA weapons as well, and a sky whale will have trouble outrunning it, especially in open areas such as Esamir or North Indar. In fact if it was faster it could probably chase Valkyries effectively too.

It is definitely not designed to do frontal assaults up close against tonks, and without cloaking devices it cannot just sneak through open areas with lots of people looking.
    • Up x 1
  7. FLHuk

Plus the two excellent replies above Harassers are still the go to "let's kill lots of tanks while not getting hit" solution ( personal experience having araxed lightnings several times over ).

Which ofc leads us naturally towards concluding the Vanguard is OP. So obviously the actual real question is when will the Lasher be nerfed because it shot down one mozzy one time three years ago.
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

harassers are actually fast,
    and if they were made faster they would be a nightmare to land shots against
    (at anything other than spitting distance)

what you're experiencing is Magrider being OP, not harasser being UP. ;)
  9. AuricStarSand

Lets take c4 out of the equation.

Now just Ambusher Jet LA with Rokklet Rifle remains.

Essentially I was thinking about how my 1vs1's with Bounty MBT's go. When I'm just playing Rokklet Rifle only.
    & if the MBT doesn't run away. Since it's easier to run away from LA then it is to run away from Harasser. & the tank wants to fight my Ambusher Jet LA.

I figured Rokklet Rifle duels verse Bounty MBT's has the same win lose ratio as my Harasser does.

Meaning. Harasser is as weak verse MBT's as Rokklet Rifle is.
    My chances of beating a pro bounty MBT 1vs1
    Lone Rokklet Rifle Ambusher Jett'er with no c4.
    Rokklet rifle only. Are the same %'s as dueling with harasser.
    Harasser is as weak as a lone jumping Rokklet rifler.

TBH I'd probably have better odds dueling MBT's with a freaking Battle Bus. When the devs haven't even made a real battle bus spec, since Blockade Armour is boring. & I've tried Battle Bussing 1,000% less than I've Harasser.

Also people keep mentioning Halberd. Halberd. Halberd. Halberd. >.> just get rid of that gun already. So over hearing about Halberd. As if every freaking gunner is some guy able to snipe pindrop 1,000 mile range hits. When most aren't. & they act as if tanks don't have that gun when they mention it. Tanks have Halberd too.

Then they act as if speed with halberd means something. When I've just proven that Harasser at 120 mph doesn't out-run MBT's. Only outruns vanguards maybe. Tho doesn't out-run Prowlers & esp not Magriders. That Magburner is faster on Esamir than Turbo is for reaching 1 to 60 mph.

& that everyone has gotten better at shooting moving harassers since rumble seats were taken away. Years ago. & only have gotten better with each year. So while Tanks get better at shooting harassers. The skill level for juking shots is limited to your speed & the speed hasn't improved. While tank sniping's range is based entirely on skill & not limited by stats.
    Swerving when a Magriders is on your tail. Doesn't do much. Since they've gotten better at hitting swerving targets to. Not to mention Magburner doesn't skid out. The harasser has.

So what do most people use harassers for? They use it as a throw away vehicle. Something to throw at enemies till you get mined. Throw at tanks till you die rapidly. Then you don't repull. Which is why tanks & sunderers outnumber harassers 40 to 1 always. For years.
  10. AuricStarSand

Halberd Halberd >.>. Fury is more fun. What about Mljornir nothing? Mid range is a joke verse Bounty MBT's. Vulcan's okay, tho used to mostly kill other Harassers so if your not tr, which I play nc, that's just another counter to Harassers.

Bulldog has it's uses verse infantry & sunderers. Tho not a fan of Harassers being known as the troll fight bus killers. Why I'd want to trade having less dmg to parked sunderers for more speed mph.

Saron was so meaningless when I was VS, it's almost the same thing Halberd is. It is the same thing. Spare the niche opinions on Saron it plays way too similar to Halberd.

Look until 40 more people play Harassers everyday. They need a buff. & nothing you say is going to alter that. Till as I said 40 more people play Harassers. To say they aren't noob friendly. They aren't even vet friendly. They have less room for improvement by just merely " swerving " then a MBT has " sniping ".

Some guy mentioned " positioning " for Harassers. Just position better he says. As if tanks don't have positioning too. Smh. Even " if " you out maneuver a bounty MBT to solo him. You had to work x10 to do so. Then he did. You had to run laps and flawlessly dodge 10 + times. While hoping theirs some hills and not just flat ground.

& to the guy who mentioned Hossin. Most Hossin mountains you aren't able to jump to. Without Ant's Turbo. Hossin is the worst. It's lane vs lane. Favors tanks. & favors dying to mines.

TBH I don't believe driver only vehicles should even exist. Liberators get 1st seat guns. Every vehicle should allow the driver to use " something " anything. Throw spikes that pop tires. Shoot missiles. Something. Same goes for Sunderer should have a ramming shield to flip vehicles more easily. Some type of shield ability while moving. Else a snare net for Sunderers since they aren't able to out run tanks.

Harasser should have missiles and tire popping mini caltrops to toss.

Valk given B42 mini bombs to drop.

& when anyone says " Harassers are fine " they're really only talking about sucker punches. They aren't speaking of sophisticated 1vs1's with Bounty MBT's who have all their attention on you. Their speaking of that one time you sucker punched someone, who was busy fighting someone else. That's what they mean by " Harassers are fine ". No they are the Rokklet Rifles of the vehi game that most people don't use.

If their's 98+ Allies for one region & I ask them all to have a " Tank Fight " half of them may grab tanks. If I ask them another time " LFM Sunderers " 4 to 10 guys may get sunderers. Tho if I ask them to grab Harassers for a region made for Harassers; the desert north of Quartz Ridge. Nobody grabs a Harasser. At best. one guy.

Get rid of Halberd then tell me how amazing Harassers are.
    Solo verse tanks.
  11. AuricStarSand

How do you " swerve " away from a Magriders who's 20 feet behind you every time. Who's speed is the same as yours? For Esamir's flat snow fields. Which as soon as they see you they are always 20 feet behind you mere seconds later.

Their " sniping rotation " skills are faster than your " turning skills ". So to say harassers don't need more speed is false.

Also it's not just Magriders. I've seen Prowlers who are faster than Magriders at getting behind Magriders tails. Tho that was one pro gatekeeper Prowler who figured that he can solo 20 magriders easily. By running them down and out dpsing them. Out of all these years. Still Prowlers speed shouldn't be underestimated. Just that most Prowlers hill snipe & don't try to blitz tails.