Just switch to the popular server yourself. ez.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Nov 20, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

All this talk of server merges. 40 to 60 people already switched from Connery to Emerald these past few months. ez.

" Oh no I lost all my stuff and have to start over " so what. Make the Alt you haven't tried yet. I made a NC alt for Emerald 4 months ago, I'm already BR 76.

Not only that, at the time NC lost 13 out of 15 alerts. I've helped them learn to redeploy more, storm rooms better, and want to win. Now NC win 1 out of 3 alerts for Emerald.

Every month of using /region to tell them to win the alert, /sitrep, & shield beacons they got better. I've even yelled at them to buy smoke barrel attachment & use smoke for running to doors. & a few guys have started doing just that.

I get you may not have all your cosmetics transfer over, tho you're playing for the server pop not style ultimately.

Some people are remaking a char with the same faction they played on Connery and I don't understand why. Just make a new alt. Emerald doesn't need more VS vets >.> Stop vet stacking VS.
    Play the underdog faction.

Even without all guns unlocked, you're able to buy a few guns on the faction you've played the least & enjoy those few fav guns.
    • Up x 1
  2. ganthercage

It's a better server for sure
  3. AuricStarSand

Ye I think 40 to 80 more guys just switched over from Connery to Emerald, yesterday. Few outfits. Had 130 vs 130 vs 130 Esamir.

That's also a Wednesday. Given semi holiday. Still weekend hours may have 200 pop ques.
  4. Jx9000

Still, pressing the devs for server merges is not wrong, just wish they would listen.
    • Up x 4
  5. Amador

Since the beginning of PlanetSide 2, any character name you create is unique world-wide. That means if your character name is "JohnDoe" on Emerald, you'll never find another "JohnDoe" elsewhere on Cobalt, Connery, Miller, etc.

Why is this important? Because it means that each character name you've created is 100% unique world-wide.

Back in 2005-2007 when I was playing World of Warcraft (pre-Burning Crusade) even Blizzard began to offer Server Transfers for a fee which had to be tended -by hand- through an actual Game Master which took 24-48 hours to process.

... Yet PlanetSide 2 came out in 2012 and you're telling me Daybreak can't perform Server Transfer requests, even if they must be individually performed by Game Dev over a 24-48 hour period?

Players have asked for Server Transfers for years for PlanetSide 2. This isn't a new topic - it's an ignored topic.

And if Daybreak cannot perform Server Transfers for whatever excuse, then at the very least, they should allow the player to create a new character entirely, and have a Game Dev simply add/apply the associated items/titles/cosmetics until the "Character Clone/Partial Character" is identical as much as possible to the original.

Even a "Character Clone/Partial Character" transfer would be acceptable to most players at this point and an indication of goodwill towards its playerbase in an attempt to appease its remaining community.
    • Up x 2
  6. AuricStarSand

Ye tho would have happened already. Asked months ago. Isn't for the roadmap. So switch your'self. Let them spend funds for features.

BR 78 US east, soon I'll have daredevil harasser & ASP smoke grenade.

Also thy US west main is VS. VS win on both servers. prefer the underdog faction to assist and lead. So why do I even need to play my VS main anyways. Same goes for most who play VS Connery. It's too freaken ez. Emerald VS still win the most too 10% to 20% more than tr.

Most of the vets are on VS for Connery. So when they switch they should try TR or NC.
    Theirs other reasons to make a alt.

Also EVEN if you made a alt on the same server, you have literally all the same stuff you'd have if you switched servers. You'd still have to start over at lvl 1. & if you're really a 2,000 hour vet you'd be okay with playing your least played faction.

This is a 3 empire game, try all 3.

So really server merges are reallllllllllly only validated for people who have all 3 lvl 80+ to ASP heroes for all 3 factions. Which is 0.01% of the PS2 population.

Even if you don't have much time to play, as I stated earlier, every faction has a number of unique guns you get to try. That may be your favorite. So to say you need everything unlocked to enjoy some sense of uniqueness and favorite equips isn't true.

The other people who may not be ok with switching is some Aussie or NZ people who may ping. Tho theirs not many of them for Connery. I told 100 people who were at Hossin yesterday to switch to Emerald.
  7. Maulser

If 40 - 60 people have switched, you can bet that 3x as many have quit altogether. That is the real issue.

I've been playing since closed Beta. I love PS2, but I have too many other games and options to grind through the character building process.

So I log in to Connery, see if there's at least a 12-24 battle going on, and if not I log out and play something else.