Cobalt down

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Helloo, Nov 18, 2023.

1. lesliehekenas

1.) no no, of course it's not a "bug". It's idio(sincra)cy
    • Up x 1
  2. lesliehekenas

at this moment 5:30 PM GMT+2 launchpad doesn't work at all either.
  3. FABIIK

I was in game saturday afternoon (EU) when the server crashed.
    It's been about 24 hours already.
  4. Humusak

Is crashed Cobalt bug or it is the desired functionality?
  5. lesliehekenas

So far we can only assume. The logical explanation would be the US and Cobalt servers are somewhat different as the gameserver component goes, the most recent update broke it. Since no one is left from the original team who actually knows this stuff, they're now guessing, try and error, who knows what, in hope to make it work.

They're definitely working on it, for at some moments, the launchpad app can't connect at all, gets stuck at the loading screen. Then the issue goes away, then it comes back in an hour or so. I've been checking continiously since yesterday. But poor'o Cobalt comes back on line no more.
  6. majorSharky

i was suddenly kicked off the server on saturday and couldnt join ever since, for a while all the other servers were unavailable too
  7. MUTALISKUS

soon there will be a meteor shower and a farewell party
  8. Spandex4all

As a matter of fact, I have done some maintenance on our servers this morning.

I work in IT, when all systems are healthy I usually do not work on Sunday. However when a server or some parts of our infrastructure is malfunctioning I am one of the people who jump up to get things running smoothly again. Some of my colleagues are on call during the weekend in case **** like this happens.
    • Up x 2
  9. MJTark

Totaly agree with it and it will not only a question of the Day. In my case it was from Monday to Monday and that means, by side the Day the time is obsolete too. So at night at 3am it's your job too!! That is for what you get a Bonus for ..... here in Germany ;)

BUT!!!!!!

we talking here about the Free2Play Game Industy. This kind of Issue is nothing for an System Administrator. It is a Part of the Game Server and this will be normaly the Part of the Game Team. So we talk about Game Developer and inside the F2P Industry non of the Game Dev's have Services... and so Yes, maby on Monday Morning when the Game Dev's comes to work or today he start his Laptop on the Couch and starts to work.

I think before Monday nothing will happend and than the first guy starts with work have the job to turn off the event and restart the gameserver. Later the week all the PayUser will get a sorry package for the failed event. The HPU getting a little bit more and all the free player a peace of ****.

Welcome to F2P :D :D :D
  10. lesliehekenas

it's back on line now, so any further talk about would be preposterous. :) :)