Bring Your Friends PlanetSide - Anniversary Event - November 17-19 | 24-26

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AOD_Arrow5379, Nov 13, 2023.

1. AOD_Arrow5379

[IMG]

This anniversary we're making an event aimed at the most important part of PlanetSide: players, and the outfits they play in!

For two weekends in November, a worldwide effort to bring back new/returning players and lead them in-game will take place, spanning all servers and factions.

Over 100 outfits have been contacted, with dozens signing on to participate. These outfits and players will be attracting as many people as they can do come and play PlanetSide for these two weekends, with most participating outfits running public event squads at that time.
    The participating outfits will be:
    - Notifying their current active/inactive members to let them know about the event.

- Running public event squads in-game for the players that come to the game looking for those groups to play with.
    - Running private squads for the players they notify.

These veteran leaders will guide their respective players to good fights and a fun time. Plenty of people have fun playing PlanetSide every day. It is that veteran knowledge that allows them to do so and focus on the high points. With a structure in-place to help new/returning players during these weekends we aim to provide everyone with a positive experience.

YOU can help out to by reaching out to your friends as well! Message your fellow players, people you've played with in the past, people you've play with now, and people who haven't tried out the game yet, and play with them on the dates, either in your own squad, or hop into one of the many public event squads being run by other outfits.

These public squads will be labeled: Anniversary BYoF Squad [XXXX],with the participating outfit in brackets. You will be able to find these squads on all servers and factions, most likely during their respective primetime, (with the exception of Cobalt NC and Connery NC/VS)

If you're reading this, then this is YOUR message to come play PlanetSide for the 11th anniversary. Hop on and join your preferred public squad and have fun!

If you're a brand new player this will be one of the best times to join the game, join a squad, and event join an outfit. (It's the best way to play the game.)

To get started easier there's and good list of redeemable in-game codes for free stuff:
    PS2Escalation - NS-11P + Helmet
    PSUARMORDECAL - Decal
    PSUVEHICLEDECAL - Decal
    5YEARSPS2 - Decal
    6YEARSPS2 - NSX-P Naginata + Decal
    MLGREPORT - Decal + 50% XP & Resource Boost
    PS2WelcomeBack - NSX-P Tanto + Helmet
    NSOPS2019 - NSX-P Tengu
    NINEYEARSPS2 - Decal
    EXTRALIFE2021 - Helmet
    LEGACY2022 - NS-11C + NS Harrower
    SURF2022 - UBR-300 Swordfish-P
    EXTRALIFE2022 - Helmet

20yearsplanetside - NSX-P Tengu
    We'll be seeing you these next weekends, PlanetSide!

Participating Outfits:Emerald:
    RDHK
    1TR
    AOD
    Volt
    KVHA
    ADRE
    ATP
    NRVN
    THRR
    1COG
    VCO
    CLSS
    SKL
    ISV
    ADP
    ARUL
    D3RP
    BL
    Connery:
    AxIG
    ETMT
    CXQB
    Miller:
    MM
    F3RX
    CYA6
    CNVA
    DIG
    Cobalt:
    TXLC
    CBMC
    TAHK
    SolTech:
    OTt
    HJSQ
    VPCN
    CNMU
    93CN
    S1GA
    BMLx
    VNIS
    KLXD
    ASH1
    YLBT

*This event is not affiliated with Rogue Planet Games.
  2. Mithril Community Manager

Pinning for awareness.
  3. -Zlodey-

I will be there, streaming.

P.S. Mithrill, its would be cool if some devs join the action. Come on, that was part of the job of past CM's in PlanetSide 2 :)
  4. Liewec123

This could be a great chance to get some player pop back, so I'd recommend you guys keep tabs on Oshur unlocks,
    Or heck, now would be a good time to FINALLY disable it! After all, first impressions are everything,
    and the last thing we need is oshur messing it up by welcoming new and old faces to empty servers with noone playing.
  5. -Zlodey-

Usually, we run Corsair squads on Oshur. Fun enough.
  6. FLHuk

For myself Cobalt is reading as unavailable off the launcher but fine in server status...

Not seeing any posts or info anywhere, forum / X / Faceplant.

The only friend I have in the whole world, who I have to pay a retainer for, is laughing at my not being able to explain.
  7. Liewec123

Yep, gotta say I'm impressed how DBG managed to screw up in such spectacular fashion,
    It really was a great way of welcoming new and old players in and giving them a taste of what's to come!

Friday night primetime as expected was oshur'd and the population tanked
    (As it has pretty much every night for the past 2 years on cobalt),
    Saturday morning had a flying max cheater ruin it for HOURS,
    and then the server went down for pretty much the rest of the weekend,
    And Miller went down on Sunday too, leaving the entire EU playerbase offline.
    All with graveyard silence from the devs throughout the whole ugly thing...

Bravo DBG! You never fail to meet my expectations!
    I feel sorry for the players who organised this event,
    and also the players who finally convinced their friends to give this game a shot,
    Only to have it completely ruined by cheaters, incompetence and inaction.
    • Up x 1
  8. FLHuk

I have a suspicion it was turned off due to the hacking situation. Which in turn forced the "No comment at all under any circumstances" which I understand as a fair few resubbed....

Which again means lost opportunity and lost customers due to not having an in game GM for a critically important event.

I guess there may have been more going on behind the scenes which forced the off. Though I've worked with data centres that provided game servers 1999-2003 and 24/7 635 support was ALWAYS there....

It's broken my resolve to play the game this week, I just can't bring myself to log in :/