[Suggestion] The Venguard problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlackTerrier, Nov 10, 2023.

1. BlackTerrier

Sub Planetmen Terrier from Miller again.

Since I play this game I love the Armor gameplay of it .. most of it. I am a Vanu main since day one and proud spandex user .. but how we got treated in the Armor side of things .. first the boost nerf then the new weapon where they took away the hold of the charge .. HMM .. I have a feeling everytime our armor get something kinda good its getting nerfed because once in a while a Magrider is able to kill a Vanguard fair an square but this goes to @daybreakgames... did you guys ever check the ******* stats on that thing .. more HP 2 kind of shilds .. it turret turns as fast as we go behinde it and one of its shilds just takes away nearly all dmg from the front .. at the same time it has a greater bulletspeed and dmg with just a tiny bit more reloadtime.. the TR tanks .. fine nice to what they say .. shoot alot deal lots of dmg but dies kinda good .. Vanu .. we hover and be fast .. ah no we not fast .. anymore atleast.. also in the time we boost behinde a Vanguard to kill it it turned its turret and still kills us .. funny hmm. I rly rly hope even if this game isnt the most .. played the balancing will take place at one point in time and not only OW at ******* holydays and new skins noone cares about.
    with this words ..
    all hail Papa Vanu..and we show them the light ! BlackTerrier
  2. Fraecker

The charging weapon (Perihelion) is now a joke, i stop using it after they remove the load and hold function.
    This was the only good weapon to have a chance against Vanguard one on one, now it is garbage.

BTW @Daybreak increase our Supernova damage range, cause i wanna kill reaver and mossy too with one shot from 2 kilometers far away.

Today it is scrap to fligh a scythe, every tank from nc and tr shoot you down when they look into you direction +- 100 Meter.
    Try this with a magrider, you will only hit, if a reaver is 5 meters far away and park on the ground.
  3. FLHuk

I once had a Vanguard shoot me so hard my next five lightnings explode and my £500 taken from my bank account.

The next day my boss sacked me and my wife left me.

Please nerf the GD22s
    • Up x 3
  4. blackboemmel

If you have different factions and every faction complains about the other faction's stuff being overpowered, you have some kind of proof for a good balance.
    My view on the matter is, that the Vanguard was in a very sad spot for years (weakest of all MBTs). Since the last buff of the Nimitz Reactor, things changed a little bit. It's still a big, easily predictable brick, but it got back some survivability.
    Btw: What is your K/D with the Vanguard's AP cannon? Is it that much better than your Magrider's Supernova FPC kill/death ratio of 55/1? :p
  5. VV4LL3

Wait until you try to engage with a Chimera... Enjoy the reload/death screen. lol
  6. BlackTerrier

I play this game aktiv for about 2 years again and since then I like my magi but in 90% of the time if a vengu comes around the corner .. I can try to flee or die ^^ because of the dmg reduction and the shild its imposible to kill in a 1v1. After the Sideboostnerf of VS even more ^^ so yes I know everyone says that the others are op ^^ just got a good exaple of cry me a river from Mike33isback on Miller after 2 nc maxes got raged by a vanu zelotmax with 3 engis behinde it xD
  7. Joe Daggett

my opinion the magrider is OP but not by alot its all balanced pretty equal but the mag rider has crazy strafing ability and can dodge tank shells decently and also it shoots a laser beam that has like no drop off plus it hovers over the water can climb mountains.
  8. Sergio Lima

Dont forget Vanguard is almost faster than Prowlers.
  9. FLHuk

Don't forget the Vanguard goes faster still when sliding off a slope!

It also enjoys a better boiling vessel than all other races, nerf Vanguard!
  10. BengalTiger

That was like the defining feature of that weapon... It opened up a derp gun for Vanu if the player could plan 5 seconds ahead.
    Guess you guys can't have nice things...

As for Vanguard having 2 shields, well the Nimitz Reactor is HP that gets lost and cannot be repaired by repair tool, it in fact replaces some of the tank's base health, it does not supplement it.
    In other words you can fix your tank to 80% HP and then you have to wait several seconds without taking fire for the shield to start recharging.
    If there's lots going on, then the shield is permanently lost pretty much, or you have to stay out of combat for longer than it takes to toss 2x repair grenades and zap with the glue gun for a bit.

Regarding speed - I think all tanks should take longer to accelerate. They don't feel heavy, except for Colossus which drives like it did weigh as much as a giant mining machine.