[Suggestion] List of low budget hype features

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Nov 1, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

Short version:
    - Return rock bridge.
    - Add more rock bridges.
    - Add a harasser daredevil jump to the rock bridges.
    - Add more boulders for the rock bridge infantry to hide and move.

- Unlock all tactical items for new players for free.
    Without needing to see a npc, unlocked without outfits.
    - Then gift everyone 4+ new tactical items.

- Give players Koltyr + Shattered Warpgate 2.0.

- Enlarge top right of screen kill score text.
    - Toss more region seen killscore UI highlight edits,
    without needing a scoreboard to see.

- Revert to the old random droppod system.
    - Let all classes that don't have c4 or av mines equipped
    to be able to steer and guide their dropod 200 yards to any side of the screen.

- Mission for players to use Smoke launcher attachment more often for door fights.
    - Give Smoke grenade use to new players.

- Return vehicle debri feature. Visually more amusing.
    & funny at times. Trailer reviewers agree.

(I get some people disagree saying the feature is kinda troll at times,
    still overall not having flying debri is worst)

- Toss the players medium koltyr sized party themed maps.
    - So yes Koltyr 2.0 suggestion isn't enough.
    - Also need even more new medium sized maps.
    - Maps with low funds to edit. Random ideas.

(Warehouses only. Boulder mazes only. 1,000 boxes maze only. Jumpad map. Mountain Kwahtee map. Stairs only map. Shrouded Skyway map where the whole map is wooden walkways. Anything themed. With low funds to edit. Just thrown together. & since it doesn't have water. Infantry vets still find medium sized test maps to party with fine. These few new small land maps don't have to be super polished. They don't have water nor island lanes. So they're fine. " Low fund test party themed maps " )

- Give players the outfit war maps free for regular alerts.
    Free OW maps for alerts? Is more hyped than OW's is. tbh.

- Enhance the proximity voice experience to hear enemies and to hear allies farther away. Just like Battlebit and all the other new battle royal games. Why be late to the party of video highlights.

- Poll the players for everything.

Would you like to know more? version.

- Return rock bridge:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/17lh9tk/please_bring_back_the_rock_bridge_on_indar/

Is that low budget? yes.

- Unlock everyone's tactical items from lvl 1 for free & give them 4 new tactical items. Unlock solo without outfits for free without even having to see a npc. All 12+ tactical items for new players free.

Low Budget? yes.

- Give players the Koltyr map. Keep maintain the west tower's B warehouse bunker building. Just the building. Delete all 3 towers, keep any buildings that weren't towers. So just delete towers only, keep all other buildings for Koltyr. Then add Shattered Warpgate jungles to map where the towers were. Then the spawn buildings for the shattered warpgate; look similar to the Pommel Gardens spawn room building.

Low budget to delete 3 towers, add some SW trees they already have filed, and add 3 Pommel Garden spawn room buildings? Yes.

As a starter new map that may get future edits later. Tho from a start. " B Warehouse style buildings surrounded by Shattered Warpgate trees everywhere Kolytr ".

Essentially is only deleting 3 towers. Adding 3 jungles. Adding 1 more B warehouse. & 3 spawn room buildings. That should take less than a month to build. Koltyr 2.0. Map doesn't allow for MBT's still.

- Enlarge all the kill score text at the top right of the screen. So all the players may see who killed who with what weapon or vehicle. Then add extra ui to display who in the area is on some mega killstreak with letters. Similar to how halo announcers yell out stuff when you're on a killstreak, something like that yet for everyone to see or hear. Just anything that promotes people seeing who killed who with text. Without having to press a scoreboard button tab window. Kill highlights.

Low budget to edit top right screen text? Yes

- Revert to the old droppod system. Where you'd land randomly amongst the battlefield. Also make droppodding more fun, let us steer the droppod 100 yards either direction. Maybe just don't let Light Assault fairies and people equipped with AV mines steer. Yet for every other class, ye they should be allowed to steer.

- Return vehicle debri effects and dmg. TBH some people find this feature a tad troll at times. Tho tbh as a Harasser main and infantry main. I find field fights more so boring without this feature. Field fights you want to see mayhem and a group of people dying to debri here and there sure adds something even if people find it unjust at times it's still better than not having it at all. Even the best PS2 Trailer reviewers, Sokar's videos was saying how the visuals of the game aren't as sweet without flying debri.

- Toss a mission for players to use Smoke Launcher Attachment Barrel. Wish more new players knew how to use this before door storms.

- Poll the players 6 options for new features. That aren't fixes. Even if reddit talks of fixes, this game needs trailers only. Just trailers. Everything should have always been about the trailers tbh from SOE till now. SOE made what, 1 trailer? Then the last 2 trailers didn't retain pop so. However the Bastion trailer did for example. Just new features for the next " hype " trailer. Even if they only have the funds for lesser roadmap, they should still work on a trailer.

Also this thread suggests even with low funds, you're able to feature smart suggestions. For the next trailer.

TBH I think your best bet is new Koltyr sized maps with auto generated party map stuff happening. Similar to a map with only warehouse boxes. 1,000 boxes littered everywhere. A map for jumpads.

Just medium sized party maps, that didn't require much editing, since you're letting the players know these are test worthy party maps and not to be taken too serious as a full alert map. They still hold 48vs48vs48. Yet are built for party themes. This map has too many bushes. This map has too many shrouded skyway walkways. This map has too many boulder mazes as if you merged Moss Ravine with Pommel Gardens for the entire map. This map only has Kwahtee mountain bases 3 of them medium map. This map has trenches and glowly craters only. This map only has stairs everything nothing but stairs and jumpads. They are " party maps " auto generated maybe? else made to have a theme for quick infantry fights.

TBH THIS is what will bring back everyone and more. Nothing else not even new weapons would. Then people say well what about Oshur? Oshur failed because it's a lane skinny island map, that nobody knew the players weren't gonna swim over the water 24/7 with land vehicles. So it's a failed map unexpectedly. Yet don't blame the idea of new maps, over oshur which is entirely based off trying to make water work and lanes work, which so far don't work because well lanes suck for starters. Yet that doesn't mean the players aren't still hyped about new maps, when they are. Just LAND maps work. & they don't have funds for a new big land map, so how about Koltyr sized? & if people like land maps x10 more than water so far, then you don't have to edit the map the krazy, just make it party themed test maps and everyone's happy.

- Give players the outfit wars maps for free.

Outfit wars is unique if this game was more popular. Tho at this rate giving those maps free to players is a better marketing strategy than the hype that outfit wars has to offer. So yes giving those maps to the regular alert rotation is more popular than even holding outfit wars.

I've stated before that OW's is mostly a landslide anyways. So making those maps small alert maps to try is ye better hype than outfit wars is.

- Allow Proximity chat to hear enemies. Plus larger hear radius for allies. This would make me want play the game if I wasn't at the time. Most of the new batle royal games even Battlebit allows for this. So anyone claiming " toxic players pls don't " obviously hasn't watched 200 highlight videos from Battlebit to Dr.Disrespect with videos highlighting how funny this feature is. So I'd handle some salty voices over people able to sneak behind a enemy and say something funny before I knife.

Low budget hype? yes.
  2. AuricStarSand

I posted this on Reddit and someone quoted the " poll every player " and said " threads like these are why I'm glad ps2 devs don't listen to players ".

I just wrote " Why? "

Reddit is so troll. It's absurd. This is my 3rd philosophy post for Reddit offering solutions that aren't your generic diss track. & still people be upvoting some other simple mans thread.

So I had to write a post calling them all out:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/17lp1bx/redditors_dont_really_support_ps2_with_good_ideas/
    The last thread acted as if my tool addition ideas were wack when they were fine. I meant to say Archer Bow as in bow and feathers for a new infil too someone thought I meant the AV rifle archer. When I didn't mean that. Then he believed having new tools were infantry Mortor shells to heal allies wasn't right. When it's totally right. I want to shoot mortars at A point and heal my allies shield bars. What's not to get.

Reddit goes on these witcher hunts for average nerfs, reverts, and fixes. & they really try to diss any actual ideas that hype the game.
  3. Effect

Probably because most of your ideas are unironically terrible or not very well thought out.