[Suggestion] Your top 10 roadmap wish list.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Oct 19, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

Lets say this game has its pop #'s return this next month. With maybe 2 server merges, that return people who left from the low server pop. Who now return to experience big battles.

Roadmap wish list. List a few:
    Your favorite roadmap wish is the first you list.

1) 2 Koltyr sized new maps. One with 2,000 shattered warpgate trees, 10 trench lines, 20 rock bridges, 8 moss ravine pommel gardens bases, & few miles of shrouded skyway walkways through the jungle too.

The 2nd kolytr map has warehouses similar to what Kolty's B point was. Else Scarfield's Reliquary's warehouse. Yet football field sized warehouses with 1,000 boxes and jumpad. Lots of boxes littered everywhere.

So 1 Koltyr Shattered Warp Boulder Bridge Maze Jungle Forest Map.
    & 1 Mega Warehouse tons of boxes and jumpads map.

2) 2nd Ability slot for all classes. No you don't pick one ability slot or the other you use two.

3) 2nd Tool slot for all classes. Use 2. Without ASP. Free for all lvls. Every class picks 2 out of 3 tools.

4) 2nd Tactical Item slot. Free items for lvl 1's without needing a outfit to equip. Plus 10 more tactical items to try.

5) Class Crashes happening more often for pub squads. A clash crash pub squad ui menu. Party squad ui. Pub leader auto equips everyone to the same class with his own pub page ui. Only people who want to play clash crashes join obviously.

Squad leader is better highlighted on the field for everyone to follow. No not just mini map. Squad leader toggled a button which gives him a arrow above his head for all pub members to see to follow for 12 seconds. Essentially any squad page ui that and field following the pub leader ui.

So helps clash crashes for pubs happen more often. I.E. I haven't knfed with other knfie infils in all 6 years of playing this game, When do I get to? Outfits usually just pull tanks and medics and no other crashes. So how do you get 24 guys to knife together, mana turret together, engi repair, use caltrops together, smoke screens, flash grenade teams, anything. You make a pub party ui page that's how for unique class crash solutions.

Just think of any type of infantry class crash type. Add it to a drop down menu of 20 choices. " Knife Infils " " Mana Turret Engi's " " SMG Infils " " HA Launchers " " Harasser racers " ect. Then allow the squad leader to auto equip the squad platoon with 1 out of 20 options.

& Yes getting to play sneaky infil with 24+ other players who are also sneaky infil when I want them to. Makes this game x100 time better with low fund investment. As for as /region goes I'm only able to get them to Medic Crash or Pull a few Max's, nothing else as a solo lead.

6) Return the old droppod instant action. Make redeploying more fun. Most people don't redeploy at all. The faction with the least outfits, redeploys the least. How to help the weakest faction redeploy more often? If pressing " J " " U " and reading the map is too tough for amatuers? Make redeploying more obvious for people who aren't in outfits to try. Let us steer our droppods. Just overhaul the ease of redeploying overall and the entertainment factor of redeplying.

7) Dodge rolls. Other ways to juke bullets with movement. Crawling on the ground. Dodge rolls to knife and dodge bullets. Movement to the side. Similar to how Catlike makes you jump high. How survavilist gives some run speed. Just way more ways to move differently without having to use implants to do so.

Less you give everyone a 3rd implant slot. Tho I'd still rather have a 2nd tactical slot, 2nd ability slot, and 2nd tool slot even more than a 3rd implant slot.

8) Ways to make playing for the alert more important. I'd say give some fashion items type of currency for alert wins. Yet you guys use fashion for your business model. So idk. You can't give alert wins currency for special items, since the winners will just mitigate to one faction. Yet with the present rewards, the laziest faction that always loses, doesn't seen too motivated to try to win. So more reason to win.

9) Besides the motivation to ninja regions for the weakest faction. Maybe test other ways to win alerts that isn't too confusing for new players. Yet still different for vets to test. Alert types.

10) The last suggestion is just to poll new players, understand those who's never tried ps2 yet, those who've quit, & try to make a " hyped trailer " meaning theatrical 2 min roadmap trailer, that gives everyone " hype ". Since Oshur and Construction were always gonna have mixed opinions even before their feature trailers happened. So last suggestion player polls leading to a new hyped feature trailer.
  2. AuricStarSand

11) Help new players play with the map. Shield and Attack quest. More features for the map. Most don't use /sitrep Map features for solo map experts.

12) More emotes. Tactical commands. Solo Squad firing line ground highlighted floor. So everyone knows where to stand for a firing line. I also run solo squads often and only invite people to /sitrep. So anything similar to the ground rainbow flares that everyone is able to see. For a highlighted fiirng line command. Else follow me highlighted avatar arrow for all to see. UI for solo squad leaders. For running to door fights. Emotes. Commands. Field visible signals. Free flare gun given to solo squad leads.

Emotes with diff voice actors we don't mind. Just want more emotes. " Nice shot " " Revenge is sweet " " Siege that door! " " Place tactical items " " Use Light Assault " " We need Light Assault " lol. " All classes for " we need " not just medics and repairs only. " Ninja bases " Drive a vehicle " After we take a base I want everyone to just run to the vehi term and most the time they don't. They stand there for 2 min and slowly dissapear. Asking them to " I need a gunner " or " I need a ride " and spamming that around the base isn't good enough. so I need a " Run to the freaking vehicle terminal now & tank blitz! " heh. Well some phrase.

13) Special tactical items only given to solo squad leads with 8 player to a squad.
    Tactical items for pub leaders. Something pub squad leaders get, that outfit leaders do not get. Ways to make pub squads more important. Ways to make pub squads more important than outfit squads. While helping the pub maintain map strategy.

13) Better showing off kill score letter font too small. Top right of the screen kill tags showing who killed who is too small of text. Nobody is able to read who kills who and the logo for how they got killed. By gun. tanks. esf. What type of gun logo smg. c4. grenade. Moukass listed this.

So x2 to x4 the size of the top right screen font please. So if I LA Ambusher Jet to the tunnel of 6 enemies, after failing to try the stunt 8 times. I would like the whole region to know I just killed 6 enemy tunnel vets. Same with smg infil want the region to know I killed everyone with the " smg " logo top right of screen. Most people do not view the tabbed scores. So top right of screen killstreak text is important.

If someone sees a ESF just killed 10 allies else a sniper logo. They have a better shot at knowing the news to reply. If they are able to see the kill logos. So ithe text isn't just for glory, fame, it's also for defense.

This is ones of those things that would benefit new players and vets with little to no funds.
    Is simply getting to have pvp recognition. Other than only the person you killed knowing.
    I also wonder if the enemy sees my as some pro terror vet, since no enemy ever tells me I wreak havoc at times.

Other than top right larger font. What others ways highlight the kills players get? The how.
  3. AuricStarSand

4. AuricStarSand

Infil tool: Archer Bow
    Infil Tool: Tripwire
    Infil Tool: Smoke tripod
    Infil Tool: Shurikan

Engi Tool: Repair drone
    Engi Tool: Throw Ammo at enemy
    Engi Tool: Sandbags
    Engi Tool: Tall version of hardlight barrier.

HA Tool: Dmg shells field Mortor
    Ha Tool: larger field caltrops
    HA Tool: larger field canopy
    HA Tool: Arm Shield with Pistol.

Medi tool: Healing shells field Mortor
    Medi tool: Motion sensor darts. Not just for Infil now.
    Medi tool: Heal Max blow dart gun. One time per 60 seconds they get to heal a max.
    Medi tool: Emp Sling shot

LA tool: Free extra bounze gun
    LA tool: A gun that instead of bounzing you bounzes enemy infantry. Aoe infantry deterant gravity whip.
    LA tool: AOE fish net to snare multiple enemies for awhile. Tools to throw over a wall.
    LA tool: Harpoon throw
  5. AuricStarSand

As for Tactical item 2nd slot that ones simple. Just 10 more items for field cover. and outside the doors right before you storm a room. When your team is getting shot. Doesn't matter if you give us the Snowman 24/7. Just more field items to hide behind.

Then 10 more items for entertaining meme items. Just meme tactical items that don't need to be taken serious.

So 20 more tactical items total. 2 tactical item slots. & all items are given to lvl 1's for free. All these amatuer medics who don't use tactical items don't have to " unlock " them via a " outfit " either.

Besides 6 tactical items reserved to pub leaders who don't hold rank in any outfit that has more than 40 players. To give solo pub squad leaders something special over these zerg outfit leaders.

Lastly. 2nd Ability slot is the toughest to feature. Yet not impossible.
    They already added Hermes. Even tho I believe hermes isn't flawless. Suggest for all factions to have. So not just vs. Hermes for knife smg and pistol, tho not for scout and sniper.

Stalker cloak shouldn't be infinite yet 30 seconds. With some boosts to side to side movement for fair trade. Else even higher jumps with the jump implant.

They made a few more. For HA & Med. Yet they still need some flare. 1 more ability per class. Then adding 2 slots to pick 2 out of 3.
  6. AuricStarSand

Reddit has this thread; https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...t_gonna_say_what_everyone_is_thinking_cancel/

My Reply:

Reddit is so lame. I write a novel piece thread about " New content " with actual IDEAS and it get downvoted.
    " https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/17buwgk/comment/k6a7aws/?context=3 "

Then some guy writes a vague statement about fixes that actually has NOTHING to mention, doesn't even list one thing. " Just writes fix stuff ". & he gets 64 upvotes. Reddit is for 10 year olds and trolls.

- Fix what? CTF? fixing that won't hype the game and 3/4th of those bases were ignored even before CTF was introduced. Besides Indar Ex and Shrouded Skyway.

- To all those who mention ping. I'm from US west & play on US east server now & my ping is still fine. So not that.

- Hackers, never seen one that wasn't banned a hour or day later. and only saw 1 per week. Maybe 2. Most of the time zero.

- Revert old Esamir. sure okay. tho is that super hyped? not really.

- Oh Zergs? Most of you who complain about zergs don't have simple solutions without some long winded rant not saying much as far as solutions.

- Infils? I die the least to Infil snipers. HA and LA kill me more often. 1 tapping is lame. Still theirs more people playing HA, Medic, & LA.

- A2G. I for sure die to A2g the least out of everything in the game. It's only annoying got 1-12 pop regions. Tho I don't fight at 1-12 I fight at 96vs96 so? Why complain then just don't.

- Oshur? Oshur for US east is only the only option 5% of the time. How is that a issue? By the time it is the only option you've played the other maps 3 times over. Get outta here with Oshur complaints.

- Hitbox issues? Ye maybe getting clipped when running around a box 1 time per hour. Isn't something I'm hyped about fixing or even thought about till reading these.

- Redeploy? Maybe revert to the old instant action dropods. Were more entertaining. Other than that redeploy works fine & I only get dropped at a empty base 1% of the time.

So really nobody has mentioned anything needing a fix?The Audio bug doesn't bother me, just restart the game once per 4 hours. Woopdeedoo.

HOW IS FIXING ANYTHING esp when you mention NOTHING going to hype this game? This game DOES need a hyped trailer since Oshur and Construction wasn't it. TRAILERS doooo bring more vets and new players to the scene always have.
    I don't want fixes to niche bs, that not even all the vets agree on. I WANT SHATTERED WARPGATE KOLTYR SIZE JUNGLE MAP FIGHTS.

I want more tools, abilities, and tactical slots. Nothing else is gonna hype the game less they add a new land vehicle or something. Fixes sound average man. A new hyped trailer with new features sound way better.

5k hours and you can't list one single thing that needs fixing?
    I've got 2k hours & when I play I don't think of the word " fix " at all.

I just think stuff like " Wow wish every noob has tactical items auto unlocked so I can tell them all to use caltrops " Solution: Give everyone free tactical items without needing a outfit and give them a 2nd slot for even more tactical items.

" Wow wish I could play around jungle trees, hide and seek format with trees and tall grass " Solution. Build a whole Koltyr sized map for jungle fights.

" Gee I wish I could have new tool slots and extra ability slots " Solutions: 2nd tactical slot and ability slot pls.

" Want class crashes to happen more often, so I have someone to knife with for pub squads. " Solution: Make a class crash party themed pub squad page. For the leader to auto equip everyone to the class you want them to crash as. Then highlight the leader's hero with a field aura " follow me button " so everyone follows him.

None of these after 2k hours are " fixes ". they are " New features ".