[for those who play a lot] What would you play if planetside 2 shuts off?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Golconda, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Golconda

for like 10 years I went back and forth on PS2 and the game has become basically what "gaming" means for me, since 2019 or so I became an handheld gamer and now I went back into PS2 on steam deck and it always amazes me, so if it dies what online game/MMO would you guys sink your time in? I'm a bit out of touch with new releases and honestly I think I may quit gaming in general, since all the other stuff, graphics aside, seems like something released in 2006 or so.
  2. OneShadowWarrior

There aren’t any substitutes. So I’d cry alot.

Maybe find a wife.
    • Up x 5
  3. ThanksPS2

The Finals, the one last online shooter I'm betting big on. I played a closed beta test, Its maps are big enough for it to be fun for me, there's none of the combined arms nonsense which I wish to avoid, and there's many lives per match unlike battle royales or extraction shooters.
  4. UberNoob1337101

For FPSes...

Play more Battlebit.

See if any other Battlefield game will have good pop for a while. Will probably play more Battlefield 4.

Replay Battlefront 2 (2005)

After that get back to modding and playing Stalker Anomaly.

Outside of that, studying a lot more programming.
  5. tigerchips

Planetside 3 in my head.
  6. AuricStarSand

TBH I've been trying to quit the internet kinda for this whole year.
    Been binge gaming since I bought this laptop, Sept 2019. So 4 years now.

Also PS2 seemed the best years to play were 2020 to 2022. 1 year after Classic WoW till the Covid Lockdown.

Right now I've been playing TFT which is a league of legends type mini chess game for 4 months now.
    I tried to play Path Of Exile this league, tho realized my laptop lags at endgame, for maps with tons of loot and effects. So I got to lvl 80 & quit this league. Since I want to play with parties, not solo. Also it's tough for me to stay interested with spamming 1 skill, tho more of a lategame fps reason for quitting. Tho POE is still a sweet game with all the items & builds to try.

I also don't really have time for POE anyways, literally have to play all week to keep up with how far streamers have gotten.

I'm trying to return to the gym, return to festivals next years ( Lightning in a Bottle, Burning Man ), work on my music youtube channel, and achieve anything at all outside of sitting all day.

I think 2023 for gamers & why many games struggle with pop, esp this year, is the main population of gamers just turned into their mid 30's this year are are heading to that age & they are all kinda unsure if they want to keep gaming till their 40. Else go outside for the rest of their youth. Least that's my reason. Seems 2023 is a bad year for game marketing.

I played PS2 all yesterday, PS2 is best when I take weekly breaks anyways. I enjoy PS2 once a week, more than I do playing most the week. If I even have time for once a week. Seems games are tough to moderate, same with youtube, anything internet. Binging shows too. I don't seem to just make some small time for a hobby, I play the hobby all day. So I either have to quit something full out, or play fully the whole day. So thus I have to quit the internet to venture outside & moderating game time usually doesn't work.

I can't play for 2 hours, then go to the gym, I either play for 12 hours and don't go to the gym or go to the gym for 4 hours and get bored trying to figure out how to spend the other 8 hours without sitting on the internet.

So yes If I do need a game fix, I'll have to buy a new tablet, maybe spend 30$ once per 3 months on some Magic the Gathering Arena Draft Tokens. & play that once awhile at the gym. Kinda getting bored of TFT.

The hype isn't all that right now, theirs just Starfield which I haven't tried & seems average ish, Blue Protocol which may be a korean grinder, maybe p2w, who knows, Diablo 4 which is dying. Classic WoW Hardcore which was hyped a few weeks ago & is gonna die out when enough people die & don't want to run again. Some PS2 players are playing BattleBit, tho I don't want to dl Battlebit.
  7. Ps2 player

Camikaze youtubes battlebit, so IT MUST BE A PLANETSIDE 2 KILLER! Not.

seriously, **** about battlebit. no 30+yr old male is going to play a rated M roblox shooter. why people keep bringing up that stupid game and comparing it to this game is a joke. its like comparing a bologna sandwhich to an actual burger, the burger may not be the best burger, but it sure as hell is better than a bologna sandwhich.
  8. ThanksPS2

9. That_One_Kane_Guy

I've already run into Recursion on BB, lol. Had a good fight against them last night.
    • Up x 1
  10. VV4LL3

Surprised Mithrill hasn't shut this thread down under FUD.

I made a thread pointing out a lack of forum participation was an indicator of losing player interest, got deleted under FUD.
  11. Degenatron

There's nothing to replace PS2 for me. It's my "home game". I play Factorio and Deep Rock Galactic. But those aren't "what I would play". BattleBit is an ugly game I have no interest in. I'll never buy another EA product as long as I live, so all of the Battlefield titles are out. Maybe I'll just go back to running an HLDM server with the money that was my planetside subscription.
  12. Mechwolf

Probably more Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst.

Seems more likely that game is more likely to get a remake or accurate predecessor given the cult following and low development costs.

As far as shooters go, probably Apex, Marathon, or Shrapnel. I've taken a liking to shooters with large maps and loot functions.
  13. Mechwolf

I've also been interested in Star Citizen because... economy games are interesting, granted there's no real economy there just yet.
  14. BlackFox

Titanfall 2 got an update thaf fixed the servers, so I bought it for 3 bucks and had genuine fun with it so far
    • Up x 1
  15. UberNoob1337101

Just came back when they fixed the servers, feelsgoodman.