[Suggestion] Whatever happened to Power Spike? AUG2022

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VV4LL3, May 28, 2023.

1. VV4LL3

2. VV4LL3

Aug 2022 -- Power Spike introduced for Chimera... Is this still on the roadmap?
    Chimera Ability, Power Spike
    You'll find the Chimera with a new utility option on the Public Test Server.

Power Spike energizes a short-lived damage shield, blocking up to 2000 damage for the next 2.5 seconds. While the shield is active, the Chimera's main cannon is charged with a Havoc payload, causing a direct hit to disable the target's ability to repair for a short time.”
    Nexus Preview, this weekend! | PlanetSide 2 Forums (daybreakgames.com)

Planetside 2 Larion PPC Chimera - YouTube

• Up x 1
  3. BattleWarriorZ5

Do we even have a roadmap?.
    • Up x 1
  4. Liewec123

powerspike would have been pretty damn OP and i'm quite happy it didn't make it to live.
    the havoc mechanic AND a shield on a short cooldown,
    on a vehicle on a vehicle as strong as chimera (chimera has more HP and damage than standard MBTs.)
    ridiculous! it really was a wrel idea and i'm glad it never happened.

if chimera do get an ability i hope it is either boost/turbo,
    "mode change" (lower suspension to get high speed low turning, higher suspension to get low speed but high turning),
    or AI module which i've mentioned in the past.
    • Up x 2
  5. VV4LL3

Great thoughts! Boost/ turbo would be great! The Siege Mode, Shield , etc.. of other factions truly give them a one-up on the Chimera's lack of secondary gun attack angles to only the frontal arc, with MASSIVE hit bot/ rear hit bot esp, and incredible tipping mechanics, I'm sure there's quite literally SOMETHING, ANYTHING, that can be added to at lease fill in the check box of utility, like the others.
  6. Botji

So here is my bad idea, give it a passive ability that increases its main gun reload by like 50-100%(aka LONGER reload) but in return it allows people to spawn on it and both the crew and secondary turret gains a +X% RoF and reload speed as well as a bunch of QoL effects like Triage, Shield Recharge Device and Ammo pack so driving around with people on it isnt such a chore with healing and running out of ammo constantly.

One of the drawbacks of the Chimera design is that while people CAN ride on it, its troublesome to get on it even if you want to(Chimeras usually dont stick around friendly spawns) and when you are on it its troublesome to stay there due to health/ammo issues and you might not even have much on you that you can contribute with. If it actually was a spawn it would be super easy to get on and people could even decide to use specific loadouts for it very easily.

The other issue is that while you CAN ride on it there isnt all that much of a reason to do it aside from it being funny so a decent buff to both RoF and reload speed could make it more VIABLE to do it rather than just for the lols but all these buffs and bonuses would make it OP if the main gun isnt pulled back.. so a really long reload gets slapped on it.

Shield would probably still be "better" in general but I think the gang-tank is just a fun experience so having something that makes it easy to set up and even somewhat worthwhile would be really nice. I mean its also fairly obvious if a Chimera is driving around as a open spawn that the driver is not against people hopping on for a bit which also helps.

Problem is that it would probably mostly just be used as a glitchy spawn on bases rather than in combat.
    • Up x 1
  7. VV4LL3

Chimera rumble seats are meatshield slots. lol