Can we get a roadmap or even a country map?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Domonvoi, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Domonvoi

I was about to post a long thought out thread about an idea and then about 3/4s of the way I thought to myself why?
    I deleted it and now I am asking why I am even posting this request.

I am sitting writing this while on Emerald right now NC has been warp gated for the entire map.
    TR jumped pop to help us after our pop crashed due to being gated, so now the pop is 37% VS, 27% TR, 34% NC.
    Meanwhile the territory is 58% VS, 23% TR, 13% NC which has been pretty consistent since the start (35min).

Call it hope, call it naivety, call it Stockholm syndrome, but for some reason I and others are still playing even with the above. Every now and then we offer ideas on how to fix the above that deep down we know are almost certain to never be implemented or hardly discussed.

Throw us something please on what the "new" direction is, roadmap, or even just we're working on something. Even if it is hey we're looking at changing/improving this key functionality "soon". We need at least a bit of hope and not more skins and missions while slowly one by one we ask ourselves why am I still playing this and do I still want to for much longer, as I am now.....

P.S.
    19 min mark on the alert....
    Pop is still 36 VS, 29 TR, 33 NC....
    Territory is 62% VS, 19% TR, 12% NC
  2. Mithril Community Manager

Greetings, we have content update news and will be sharing it soon. It's not the reply you were looking for but I wanted to bring it up again in case you didn't see this message before.
    • Up x 2
  3. Domonvoi

Actually even the above helps because you are correct I didn't see the message.

I didn't see it on news, I don't see it on the Official News and Announcements section, patch notes, and from what I can see PTS still has current version(july 7th).

Updated: Actually had to go through dev tracker to find that someone ~3 weeks ago made a thread in general about same topic...
    Seems it got pushed beyond the front page before I made the above...
    • Up x 2
  4. vlaamseleeuw

so when will this road map be released ?
    can we have a date?
    cause soon don't really say much.
    there is a community concern that this game will shut down, people don't put money in a game that's about to shut down.
    so please communicate to the community that's in essence paying you.
    • Up x 1
  5. Krotos

Connery’s population is in an absolute freefall. This lack of communication thing needs to not happen again.
    • Up x 3
  6. Domonvoi

Hopefully this doesn't get another ban although the last many many years ago was somewhat justified.

This needs to be brought up again because it has been a month and nothing has greatly changed. If anything things seem to have hit a tipping point and are starting to break down faster.

The three factions on Emerald aren't even playing the same game anymore during prime time. Before having a different playing style wasn't a problem since we all mostly got along but now the styles are conflicting. We are starting to NOT get along.
    The game is showing the lack of updates and is becoming stagnant. This is especially true when warp gated or pushed so far back it takes you 30-45min just to be able to even see another decent fight. Area control means little in the grand scheme and instead is used to almost troll an entire faction. The weapon imbalances are still brought up between all factions even if most are somewhat unjustified. Only going to bring up hackers in the following. We know they exist and are somewhat common, you know they exist, we know that you know and constantly play whack-a-mole. Also enough threads on CTF and Oshur to only mention in passing.

Mithril I know you're in a tough place with a game that is reaching end of life going into maintenance, heck I have been close to being in your shoes. However a good amount of us are still paying for this. We need something more as I said originally. An event isn't enough especially when it brings little more then new skins and the mostly same mechanics as last year. We need to know at least that hey yea we're doing bigger things.
    Also don't take this the wrong way, it would be nice to hear it from someone other than you. You have a role but we need to know there's someone else still working on this. Even a simple, "I am your new dev lead, we're working on x, y, z, more information will be released next year" I think would give at least something to hang onto.

P.S. Last roadmap discussion aside from mine was from Aug 21st. Saying you're still working on it is fine but as said, can we at least have a teaser line, of x, y, z?.
    • Up x 2
  7. VV4LL3

There's other games out there. Js...
    • Up x 1
  8. BattleWarriorZ5

• CTF
    • Oshur
    • Containment Sites
    • Cloak with Sniper Rifles
    • C4 on the LA
    • Merging the PC NA servers together
    • Merging the PC EU servers together
    • Shutting down the PS4 servers

All these are stuff they know need removing, fixing, and doing.
  9. Domonvoi

Time for my final monthly bump of this thread.
    Why because even though another month has gone by and still no roadmap, at least we know some resources are still being put into PS2. Outfit Wars takes effort, planning, and at least some extra time investment. Might not seem like much to many but it takes time to create the ladders, takes time to coordinate and monitor things between the guild leaders, and also just the sheer amount of Dev hours needed to oversee all of the matches.
    Have to give credit where it is due. You stopped my wtf are you doing clock until my DBC reward on Mar. 6th.
    We shall see what happens early next year and if a roadmap or at least country map has appeared before then....
  10. VV4LL3

Nah brah, OW is more important. lol