My thoughts on these " save the pop " threads.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Sep 28, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

First off.

1) Fixing or erasing CTF won't bring players back. So stop mentioning CTF.

I actually enjoy CTF to some degree. I haven't seen a CTF stalemate fight for many months, which was the original main issue with CTF. & most flag runners these days are semi eager to be the one who runs the flag. Nor do I believe people quit over CTF.

Also what base are you trying to " save " by erasing CTF? Stillwater was empty and too out of the way to drive to, before CTF was a thing. Indar Ex didn't have good fights at A point, B, or C, most just stormed the tower's garage for no reason before. So what base would reverting to point hold be better? Hardly any of them. Crux Headquarters didn't have good fights, not really, maybe one building out of the 3 points did, so what.

So why waste funds fixing CTF, when that'll bring back 2 guys at most. If they want to edit CTF some, without spending funds editing the bases, then just give flag runners a special skill to use that makes them jump x4 higher or something. Edit it in small ways. Or give hp shield bonuses to bodyguards who follow their ally with the flag. Give flag returners some passive buffs too for killing the flag runner. Simple additions, without having to edit maps.

2) Fixing Anything at all won't hype the game.

Containment sites are ok, not favored, tho ok. I don't mind them, sometimes enjoy the farm there. They suck for walking, yet are still a unique base & replacing them with a generic base won't be major. So fixing also returns nobody to the game. Theirs barely any containment sites, just essentially 2 for Esamir, Advari & Mao, & Ymir gets ignored. Mao is half ignored. So theirs just Advari. It's not a big deal.

3) Stop asking to nerf Infil & C4.

As if this was 2012. I'm not a fan of snipers, tho most players aren't 1 tapp snipers. & C4 is fair enough. I get killed trying to throw c4 down a hallway half the time. LA should have many utilities, not less.

4) Stop asking to rid OS.

When they already worked on OS & it's fine. My only complaint with OS's is they destroy routers & they shouldn't. For sure a Friendly OS, shouldn't destroy a Friendly router. Tho the OS itself is fine, besides killing routers. Even pocket OS's aren't all that bad these days since they cost more than they use to.

5) Finalizing construction is a waste of funds. Construction is done. Onto the next.

6) Fixing Oshur is a waste of funds.

Keep Oshur. Make it a alert 1 out of 2 days. Rotate. It's fine for a map to mix things up. As long as it's not a daily alert, but once per 2 days. Tho I don't think having it skippable is the option either, since often it's skipped entirely. Make them play Oshur, not every day of the week, just for 1 daytime hour every other day.

So what really saves the pop then? What updates do vets want, besides niche things only benefiting a few vets?

1) Yes server merge. Connery needs to switch to US east. Asap. Same goes for Europe servers.

Theirs a few ways to do this. A) Shut down the server for a few days and transfer everyone. B) Just merge the servers. C) Give everyone a blank eastern server hero that's the same lvl as their western server hero & just give them the amount of nanites & daybreak cash they have on their main. Then they have to rebuy everything. Tho the devs don't have to copy every item over, only their points. I wouldn't even copy their stats, just their ability to buy back the guns they had on a new server. Heck even allow them to rename these new blank alts.

2) Small changes that effect gameplay in big ways, that don't cost much funds to edit.

3) I PLAY near range INFIL & ROUTERS the most. Universal abilities pls. I already have a ASP 3 VS & lvl 60+ TR on us west. I mainly play my NC us east server toon lvl 53 these days. So what do I want? I WANT to use HERMES cloak without having to be VS. These faction unique abilities may sound good on paper to have them seperated by factions, tho gameplay wise this sucks. I'm never returning to my VS main character, VS doesn't need help, they have the most vets on both servers. So why would I Play VS. Yet I main a KNIFER INFIL. Guess what a knifer infil wants to use 24/7, that's right HERMES CLOAK. I can't use hermes on my newest nc alt ever & that's the only faction I'm gonna play for the rest of the year and onwards. So seperating these faction abilties sucks!

I don't give a hoot if it adds a tiny % to faction uniqueness. I don't even play a diff faction these days due to uniqueness that much, it's mostly just about which faction is the underdog faction & I play that faction. So please give NC & TR Hermes & give the other infantry new abilities to all factions. Same goes for utility mines, give utility mines to all factions. I WANT TO PLAY HERMES CLOAK ON NC NOW, thank you! :)

4) Why can't infantry use Cortium bomb? My Infil mains wants to use cortium bomb every single day & isn't able to. Why when theirs a option to either Delete the bomb entirely or re edit the bomb to not do dmg to construction & only does dmg to infantry / vehicles. They decide to get rid of it entirely? Suggest to return the bomb & yes even for Infils. & Make the bomb do no dmg to silo items, less dmg to sunderers, & the same dmg to tanks / infantry as before. So at least people get to use the bomb verse infantry / tanks. Infil use too.

5) Koltyr. Yes I want to play on Koltyr way more than I care about anyones suggestions about " fixing stuff ". All they have to do with Koltyr is add 1,000 more trees, 40 more boulders. Then replace 2 out of 3 towers ( the towers to the right ), with warehouses designed similar to the warehouse that's at the B point of the western tower. You keep the western tower, delete the other 2 towers, add some warehouses to replace the 2 deleted towers, then add 1,000 trees for infantry to fight amongst. That's it. Simple af, doesn't cost many funds to edit some trees & delete 2 towers. & you got a small medium sized map people look forward to farming at.

I want to play on a " Tree Based Map " with grass, boulders, & a few warehouses too, without MBT's running around, where else better, but Koltyr.

6) Hype? Add a new land vehicle type, jeep, truck, hummer. Halo Warthog. Bought with regular nanites from the term, not faction unique. Sure a lot better hype than " fixing niche stuff ".

7) Poll people from now on on what they want.
    So if a update fails expectations, it's the players faults. Tho this meta of 1 dev making a roadmap without polls, isn't as secure as simply polling your playerbase for the roadmap wish lists. That wisdom is for any game a dev starts. More player polls.

8) Enhance the PUB squad UI & map abilities for PUBS. Make pub squads more important than outfits.

9) Have small events that make everyone pick 1 type of class combo.

5 minutes of knife only, only knife allowed to equip. Aka: " knife fight! ". 10 mins of free harasser events, harrassers verse harrassers. 10 mins of Heavy Assault only. We had air events for esf fights. Medics verse medics is already a thing. I've never been able to knife with friends in all 6 years of playing, so how do I get to have Knifer friends, Infil knifer themed pub squads? Just small events for " class crashes ". Since most normal class crashes without events, is usually just for tanks / medics / max's & not the myriad of other classes / specs / vehicles. Which is similar to my suggestion about prioritizing pub squad ui.

10) Help teach noob medics the game, while playing the game.
    Most new players are medics, maybe LA, bout it. How do you help a horde of new player medics better enjoy this game. UI? Items for beginners? Teach them how to storm rooms.

11) If people are liking Battlebit, why not team with the battlebit company and promote both of your games.

You guys aren't really competition, if Battlebit is making more people realize they like open world fps's. Sure some players from PS2 went to go play Battlebit, tho I'm sure some Battlebit players went to test PS2 too. So really ya'll should be teamworking how to hype the genre generally speaking. Diablo 4 & Path of Exile may be dueling rivals, tho really Diablo 4 brought more people to try POE, so it's really been a blessing for POE to have D4. Even if they're rivals.

12) A new hyped update trailer that polls its players, adds something new, doesn't waste funds fixing small niche things, & is favored more than Oshur was.

Lastly, theirs not a single hyped FPS or MMORPG out there right now. So theirs no reason why PS2 should be losing pop. I get it's a old game, like POE is, tho still theirs zero competition. So yes it's possible for PS2 to gain some players & maintain pop. Promote smart. HF. Laters.
    • Up x 1
  2. Effect

No
    • Up x 7
  3. AuricStarSand

Shrouded Skyway may erase CTF from. Since they don't fight around the walkways enough.

Yet Shrouded Skyway is a good base for a lone infil to slow down a whole squad of enemies. A game of ninja. Yet the walkway shooting is still better than that. Too bad you don't get to have both.

A base with flags, points, & deathmatch. heh.

Yet Shrouded never had long enough fights at, since A was rarely ever retaken, after your spawn room was surrounded from the walkway. Shrouded always needed a extended timer. With more ways to flank to walkways from spawn rooms.

Seems the best infantry fights are usually half indoor half outdoor bases. So far. Half mountain base half outside fight Kwahtee.
    Moss Ravine. Pommel Gardens.

I don't understand why they would only build one of some of the favored. Shrouded Skyway is a favorite short term fight. That should have 10 variations of. 10 styles of walkway bases.

The same goes for " The Stronghold " where I'm like " woahhh this is the like a Starship troopers base " & the devs woulda boosted sales by 40% if they just built more starship trooper bases from 8 years ago. With the octagon walls.

Then you have mmo dev. To make a pve alien that gorilla warfares players. Should be as simple as someone making 1 boss out of 1,000's for a mmorpg ? Just hire one mmo dev for that. one guy. kek.

The devs show the sponsors PS2 with VR goggles. For a 100+ man field fight.Then show them Phyx trailer.

Have they nerfed Infil stealth the past 6 months? I sometimes seem to get spotted easier for 4 months. Even with Deep Op I get spotted easy. Smg / Pistol / Knife / Auto round scout rifle should get their own class as a medium to near range infil.

While sniper 1 tapp rifle to 2 tapp scout should be a far range infil. 2 types of infil. & the far range should have their stealth limited by half of what it is.

While near range & medium range that only allows for the auto sniper. Meaning not a 2 tap scout rifle, just a medium range smg. So they are near range, knifers to pistol too. They get a stronger stealth then it is now. Since everyone sees me easily. If vet medics using assualt rifles are able to see me easily with deep op then it is not strong enough stealth to run to them and knife them.

I also seem to believe Stalker Cloak, shouldn't be infinite, & I'm a stalker main saying this. It should have a super long timer like 30 seconds, then turn off for 10 seconds. Then the stalker is given something for this, more items to use, cortium bomb, dual pistols, knife abilities. Catwalk gives x4 the jump height. Use of all utility mines. Hermes for all factions. bow & arrow with feathers.
  4. UberNoob1337101

People used to love Mattherson's, Indar Excavation (or at least fighting around it), several decent Amerish bases and look where it is now. The reality is, I barely see anyone on Cobalt and Miller bothering to play on these bases unless it's a zergfit rolling down with 48-96 to ghostcap.

At the very least, CTF has to change drastically (myb plant flag then defend for X minutes) and map UI has to be fixed to represent how close it's to capping correctly. I'd also like if faction music played if it was close to cap like 1-2 flags off.

No, but we had hype and only had several dozen players stay over updates, and many, many more vets leave because of bad updates. Not every update has to be bloating the game with mostly stuff nobody asked for, or nerfs or massive shadow buffs to stuff that didn't need it.

Look at the launch trailer, 5.4 million (!!!) views, several reviews clocking at 1mil+ views. What this game lacks is retention of new players and vets.

I'd seriously appreciate big updates that just balanced and fixed things, it's my biggest complaint for the game right after netcode, cheaters and bad maps.

It would make a ton of players who already like the game stay, and it's what matters the most nowadays - as well as leaving less bad first or second impressions. It's also important for all us players who actually like playing the game and who game at least every other day that my game is bug-free and with at least no outstanding issues that ruin fights.

No.

I'm going to record hours of my own infil gameplay with sniper, stalker and SMG infil to prove the point in how poorly infil is balanced to everything else, and how unfair & unrealistic it is to counter it even as another infil.

C4 is fine for the most part, I do appreciate the only strong infantry AV left in the game, but I can see why ppl say it's busted. It could use a rework or get tuned down a little.

No. Pocket OS and Citadel shield are easily the most broken, fight-altering mechanics that you can do nothing about except accept they will disrupt normal gameplay the moment someone right clicks a map. ******* dumb mechanic.

Outfit assets are a mistake. Post-nerf Bastion and Colossi can stay, everything else adds bloat.

Could use a cert cost decrease and perhaps restoration of HIVEs, limited auto turrets and modules. Complete overhaul during Fortification update wasn't needed.

It doesn't need too many edits, simply make more accessible to buy, reintroduce structures that aren't too game-breaking, make hand-crafted no construction zones that cover vehicle pads and some key places like close to spawn rooms, but let them build just about anywhere else.

Couldn't disagree more.

If Oshur had a half decent center base we wouldn't see nearly as much complaining here and on Reddit.

If Interlinks, Tridents and underwater bases (over 50% of the bases for the record) weren't terrible I wouldn't complain about it, but here we are.

Wonder why the Oshur update, despite being one of the most hype updates, brought essentially no players back? (Look at January-February 2022 population), yet Arsenal Update which was one of the best (still flawed) brought us to 2017, almost 2015 numbers?

Update quality matters.

Fair enough, also offer character transfers pls. We'd finally have enough pop to open 2 continents on EU servers.

Like, uh, I dunno, removing pocket orbitals from the game? :D

Here's another great idea, what if we also removed CTF???

Or rebalanced A2G properly, or finally unjumbled the TTK and resistances from CAI, or finally balanced Kindred/Charger, or how they released the useless Archer then finally buffed it to a level it's kinda fun but not OP.

Hmmmmmmmmm... Almost as if... balance is important... and not having half a dozen useless and stupid OP weapons... actually adds build variety and life to the game...

I wouldn't mind this but keep in mind, some faction uniqueness comes a long way - I personally love the concept but I think every class should have 1 unique faction ability (including NSO).

It's what makes each faction special, I wish NC and VS had chainguns too, but it's why TR is the best faction :p

If the timer gets upped to 30-40 seconds and could be shot down to defuse, maybe. As they were before they got removed, every spawnroom was spammed by these, they killed construction super fast and they were effectively C4 for infils, meaning sweatlords could kill fights as an invisible class (Wraith Fury flash + Cortium bomb afterwards).

It needs some major fixing first. It's a tad too small, vehicles ended fights far too quickly, terrain was too random, tower bases were farmfests.

I agree it could return, but not in it's previous state.

Everything else seems fine.
  5. AuricStarSand

Mathersons & Indar Ex sound ok to revert.
    Most of what you said is fair.

- I was just Infil and got shot during a huge warehouse Oshur fight, everyone saw me way too easily even with deep op. Literally every class saw me invis running around, crouching, hopping over boxes invis, everything, way too easily. Sure I was able to sneak behind them and mine their lines a few times, tho not much any other class isn't able to do. Then again I play knife and smg mostly. Either way I do find most people able to spot infils too easily these days. Should be 2 out of 10 people see me running around, instead it's 8 out of 10.

- 1 tapp sniper & 2 tapp scout rifle are op. Sure. The rest not so much. Esp for room to room fights, they are same as everyone else if not weaker. Fighting medics as stalker for room to room isn't easy. Nor HA.

- Pocket OS idk, never seems game breaking these days, barely see pocket os's help win alerts even. They are average. Only if you're tied with 33% land each to your enemies faction and your at A point 48vs48 last 2 min, do I see pocket os's really matter.

With OS's my biggest gripe is never dying, it's having to rewalk the router over for the 20th time. & have to redo so every 2 mins someone OS's nasons.

- As for Citidel shield they are so worthless 1 noob esf pilot is able to shoot one down 10 seconds after you put the thing up. I never see citadel shields mattering much, last time I saw was for a Mao tower stair room hold, bout it, nowhere else.

- Ye more construction quests for items. & lower price tag.

- Cortium bomb def doesn't need a 30 sec timer, the only 13 sec timer was fine and took way too long most people besides vets couldn't time it right before the enemy runs through the doors. Yes they should have lower dmg to sunderers to not kill fights. Using them for spawn rooms made leaving a spawn room least have something to do. I stated they shouldn't do dmg to silo items, just infantry & tanks. Not sundy killers either. If someone scores a 13 second timer on some infantry, they deserve the bomb. Infils too.

- The unique faction ability is the only part I mainly disagree with. It doesn't " go a long way " because I'm not ever going to play my VS main anymore, due to VS stacking so many vets they win most alerts, on both servers. So theirs no " long way " to go to. Theirs just " nothing ", for my nc alt stalker knife main favored playstyle. Nothing. I think factions should have unique vehicles and weapons, tho not unique abilities & utilities. Ether way I don't get the play with Hermes at the end of the day. While helping the NC win & playing the last alt I have to try as a vet.

- Oshur if they have the funds. I agree mid should have a way to not be so plain between the sunken tower and the beach on the other side facing Mining's water bridge. It's just a empty field between. D point also needs some more roads for Mid. & A needs another path for people to engage with. Tho Oshur is always a gamble so who knows, that's why I suggest other stuff.

- Koltyr I just want a map with trees, I didn't find much spawn killing happening. Just that the road fork from the south side, to the west tower, had nowhere safe to park without sunderer getting side shelled by a empire exposed to both sides of the road.
  6. Ps2 player

people who complain about infil cloak / cloak flash want a whole playerbase that has put time into the infil classs removed/reworked because their lazy *** plays on crusty PC specs or they have the PC specs and still play on low graphic settings which is the only graphic settings you can barely see infil.

These dorks are still throwing their puke left and right to this day to no avail, and yet they wonder why it hasnt been done yet because the devs know this already lmfao. they will throw a slew of excuses but not once do they ever post a screenshot of their graphics settings they use or the systems they are playing on before going on their pitchfork rant that is a dead end.

its funny to me because recently i seen so many infil players malding in chat that they are getting beamed down by players even when they are cloaked and wondering how they see them, hmm i wonder how, maybe they arent running dogshyt graphic settings and can see infils as the game intends you to require to play on those graphic settings. Kek.

as for all your other pins, dont expect too much as they havent even said anything yet and everyone's been waiting. so either its good news and everyone cleans their diapers or its bad news and they start protesting down the auraxian streets and making crybaby threads on reddit on how much they hate the devs and how much they spent on this game whilst still playing the game lmfao.
  7. BattleWarriorZ5

It will.

CTF essentially killed so many bases that players enjoyed playing at and also stopped the map flow at key bases.

CTF negatively impacted PS2, since it simply doesn't fit PS2 and isn't what any of the places who like PS2 even wanted.

You fix the bad design and bad balance that made players leave the game, they will come back.

Cloak and Sniper Rifles shouldn't be usable together. That has been the entire problem with the Infiltrator class since the PS2 Beta. Fighting cloaked snipers in a FPS game is so utterly toxic that once you deal with them on the receiving end most just quit the game. Snipers are already annoying to deal with in other FPS games, FPS games that give sniper rifles downsides and visual things for players facing them, you add cloak to that and FPS players will not play your game.

C4 is fine. C4 on the LA isn't and has negatively impacted all fights in high pop and low pop hours due to how fast C4 LA's can kill AMS Sunderers.

Outfit OS needs to go, that has been the whole subject since the Escalation update. Outfit OS has caused so many balancing issues that negatively impacted the game.

Oshur is the entire reason why a large chunk of PS2 players have recently left the game.

You have to fix the design of Koltyr if you want to bring in back into the game as a playable continent as part of the regular continent rotation.

Same with Desolation, which also needs a design update and could be readded as a playable continent as part of the regular continent rotation.

Stop with this "New Stuff" crap. Until the existing stuff gets fixed, and it needs to be fixed, any gimmicky content needs to be put on hold.

This I agree with.
  8. BattleWarriorZ5

Cloaked Sniper Rifles are an extremely toxic glaring bad design that has no counter play.

I can run the newest CODs on my PC rig, and PS2 on Ultra. You cannot see cloaks over longer distances in PS2 at all. Only at closer ranges.
  9. Effect

Or infil an unbalanced braindead class and needs a rework. But you can't expect someone who thinks that no bullet drop has any impact on fights to understand that.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ps2 player

or Maybe youre malding about infil because your a Vehicle main who plays with aLandwhale and you get counter played when exiting your vehicle to heal or at a vehicle terminal by an infiltrator. lets not hide secret agendas here.

unbalanced and braindead ? ive played on all graphical settings and specifically hunting infiltrators, the only graphical settings you cannot see them as great is low graphics because of the forced lighting and reflections on terrain. medium you can see them high you can even see them better. its not the class, its the graphical settings that need a fix, but you can continue to puke out the BS claims and slew of lists like the rest of your infil haters who flex on new player peons but die to a low health low armor class just cause you play on low graphical settings (no ones fault but yours) and the ocassional latencyside, congrats, your not the only person affected by latencyside and its not specifically bound to infiltrators.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EZRekt/comments/16w21n9/_/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

heres latencyside denying me a tank kill after hitting him with rockets while on fire. i guess i must march the reddit streets and have vanguard shield removed.

also theres plenty of players in game who never visit reddit/forums who know infil complaints are FOS. if you would like the screenshots of those people saying that let me know, as majority of the community already knows we have a council of crackheads running the planetside 2 subreddit now who are pushing for this and downvoting anyone who speaks against their BS claims, lmao.
  11. BattleWarriorZ5

Infiltrators only have 100 less shields than other infantry classes, only 50 less if they use that 50 shield slot item.

The problem and core complaint with Infiltrators is the combo of Cloak + Sniper Rifles.

Make it so Infiltrators cannot cloak with Sniper Rifles, and the problem is fixed.
  12. Effect

Ignoring that infils are easier to see on lower graphics settings, not higher. And even if that weren't true that would still be irrelevant. You shouldn't have to **** your frames in order to have a slightly easier time seeing one class and even then if they crouch and don't move they're effectively invisible regardless of your settings (except NSO infils obviously). Also, infil's have 90% the health of other classes (and with NAC active they have more ehp than most classes), that's an irrelevant amount when you're effectively invisible with powerful radar and borderline overpowered weapons. And latency is an issue that is far more of an issue with infils than any other class or vehicle, so yes the class should be balanced around that.

Sorry, it's a simple fact that Infil is a brain dead class that any moron can find success on because of the multiple strengths it has. Obviously part of your issue is that you're just not very good or smart (thanks for showing everyone that by complaining about no bullet drop in 2023) so you fail to see the obvious flaws in infils design but that's a you issue.
    • Up x 1
  13. AuricStarSand

Ok. I just spent 40 minutes with 10 other people building a base. Just for 1 enemy to pocket os the whole dang thing after we JUST RAN 20 modules.

While everything was neat. I leave after running builds for 20 seconds. Then the entire base was destroyed. We had 40 people around too defending the walls. Was the Amerish grass field hill silo.

Wth. I forgot how dumb pocket os's were verse silos. doesn't happen too often, tho when it does it's so lame.

1 guy destroying 10 builders and 6 module runners hard work. While the other 20+ defend the area. & everything dies to 2 buttons? For some lazy resource farming outfit? vote to get disbanded favor of pub squads highlighted class combo themed ui pages.

Lvl systems to the person who places the most useful shield and attack beacons and takes polls showing they understand the map better than all the outfit platoon leads.

The score board and top right letters showing who killed who suggest to enlarge. That's something budget to fix and yet makes the game way better if everyone gets to have more glory per kill shown to everyone, without having to switch to a score board most people won't. That way people don't need outfit pride so much, they have their name showing how they shot someone. Enough for people to read. Moukass use to say that they should fix that.

Outfits are for a game with 100,000+ players. Not a game with 20,000 and less. Pubs are better for a game with 10,000 to 20,000 players. & leadership pages not based on recruitment practices. Similar to the mentor benefits just for lone map LT's.

96% of players don't use attack and shield beacons, they don't use /sitrep, & they don't motivate people to storm rooms. & half of the players don't drive sunderers.

Keep Pocket OS's, and nerf their damage to silos. You want to kill an entire silo area? Suggest to take 4 pocket os's now. not 2.
  14. BattleWarriorZ5

Delete Outfit OS. Stop making irrational arguments for keeping trash and bad design in the game.

Outfit OS, like CTF, like Wraith Cloak, like Containment Sites, like C4 on the LA, like Cloak being usable with Sniper Rifles, should have never been put into the game and should be removed from the game ASAP.
    • Up x 1
  15. FLHuk

While we're asking devs for things that are never going to happen can we as a community recognise no one is reading any suggestion threads and just stop ;)
    • Up x 1
  16. Ps2 player

Then you clearly never messed with graphic settings correctly.

you can set the graphic settings to medium or high that ONLY adjusts the basis of the terrain/buildings texture and forced lighting/reflections. and all the other graphic settings you can switch to low, (lighting, reflections,explosions,model quality)

i play on medium settings with everything else turned on either "off" or low. AND i went into my registry and disabled my CPU boost and still run the same frames as when it wasnt turned off.

failure of not putting your settings correctly and just keeping everything on a default setting for the general "graphics quality" settings is what your problem is, And no infils arent harder to see on higher settings literally at all (Graphics quality tab)
  17. AuricStarSand

I'd be fine with some Oshur fixes too. Just for mid at least to save funds.

I was just playing Oshur. The issue is the south side front to mid. From the south water front leads to a beach. South of Mirror Bay. That beach is a hill. The hill has little value in terms of building on. The beach south silo is useless. Just used for routers and nothing more.

So only West & East lanes get grassfields to build silos. Facing the main grass fight mid. Yet south side, gets no silo facing the grass, they're the beach facing a sand hill. So the south side is the worst front.

As soon as you pop your head over the hill as the south side. The west & east factions are shooting at you. So you're not able to build a useful silo at the grass. You then have to drive a suicide mission the garage near A, from the south beach. To matter.

& then that sunderer often gets destroyed by the other 2 factions of east & west.

The seaport sunken mirror bay side. The north side. Is just as bad. Also leads to a sand hill. So you pull a Ant else Sunderer from the Lake Seapost mid & both enemy factions on the hills has lock ons.

They listened to the sunken mirror bay idea which was sweet to see. Yet the roads to there don't really have synergy. D point is kinda out of the way. C is there if you want to try a water fight. A is a good 2 floor building, yet tough for more than 1 faction to get to. Since sunderers don't have safe parking from all sides near A.

TBH A has the most potential for infantry fights, tho still needs more bunkers stairs walkways and other safe beach walls for the other 2 factions to set shop with sundy's.

Mid grassfield is too empty, so empty not even builders are able to build there, it's a sniper field.

I'd throw a few buildings mid where the empty grass is. Make a road to A building better. Make a road to D better. Roads from the hills. Then Lesson the hill of the south beach. Place more trees on the beach hill if so. Since magriders are sniping nc who are parked south of the beach from Oshur's mid.

Way more trees for mid field. Boulders too. I also want to fight at Pommel Gardens. Also Astira. & that never happens. So Oshur should be a even fight at 3 bases type of map. Not just a Mirror Bay only map. Even if the map is locked. Still would be better with 48vs48 at Astira. 48vs48 at Pommel Gardens & 48vs48 at Mirror Bay. Then it is now with 96vs96vs96 at Mirror Bay.

Every mid cont should have 2 popular mid bases. Meaning Ravens Landing gets as much attention as Ascent. TI returns its Rock Bridge to be just as famous as before. Rime gets more work to allow for 3 faction fights more than just Saerro. Gourney gets a remix to be just as popular as Nasons. Else equal fights at Woodman to Broken Vale as Nasons has.

TBH Hurakan if they had the funds would be the best area to delete that entire Amp for fun bases designs. That link all 3 factions to get off the Nasons base. TBH deleting 90% of the games Amp Stations for walking plank bases, shrouded skyway esk, space forests, moss ravine boulder bases would favor.

TBH Oshur would have been better if it was an entire Shattered Warpgate land jungle tree forest with boulder bases. & the water element was for the many " lakes " the map has. Else beaches on the edges of the map for just water bases at the 4 edges of the map. Tho not a full out ocean where the island plateau are too skinny turning the whole map to a lane verse lane.
  18. Effect

False.
  19. Degenatron

1) CTF didn't work. It's ok to try and fail. It just needs to be rolled back. The intention is not to bring in new players, it's to fix what didn't work.

2) Fixes still need to happen.

3) Agreed. C4 and Infils are fine.

4) Agreed. OS's are fine. If anything, a simple "cool down" timer for an empire in an area would be nice. It could be a temporary "no deploy zone" for OSs that last 60 seconds.

5) Agreed. Until some other core game design changes are made, construction doesn't need anything else.

6) There is a very simple fix for Oshur: Add permanent Comm Centers at Construction Capture points. A Comm Center is basically "a base in a box" that can serve all of the needs a territory is supposed to provide. This simple addition would go a long way in fixing Oshur.

Saving the Pop:

1) Server mergers are warranted. Combine Connery and Emerald, move the server to the Austin office so it is centrally located in the US. Combine Miller and Cobalt in a German data center, so it's centrally located in the EU. Soltech remains.

2) If it's not directly tied to a revenue stream, it won't get added. Whatever is done has to have associated cosmetics or weapons that will move bundles. This is the reality PS2 exists in now.

3) That's a personal request. There's no room for that. If it's "just something I would like", there's really no reason to address it.

4) Infiltrators can't use cortium bombs because it was an issue with construction, having near-invisible players camping and waiting for construction builder to turn their back. The intention of any game is to drive conflict. Being able to be invisible, decloak only long enough to plant a bomb, and then going back to being invisible isn't driving conflict. Defenders deserve a chance to defend. This goes back to "construction is fine where it is right now."

5) Koltyr would require too much work to make it viable.

6) There's no niche for a new vehicle. This is exactly why Empire Specific Buggies were never developed beyond concept stage. There's no place in the vehicle ecosystem for anything else. If it's going to be introduced, it needs to have a specific roll and fill a specific need.

7) Poll 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers. Frankly, this community doesn't know what would actually be fun. They just want what would be fun for themselves. They never balance for everyone which often means accepting negative effects for one's self in certain situations.

8) What does that look like exactly? That's a very vague ask. What are they lacking?

9) Being forced to play a specific class or use a specific weapon sounds awful. I don't mind the Air Events or the Max Events, because I don't have to participate.

10) That's what outfits are for. You could roll something into the new player tutorial, but the end result is, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink." Same with noob medics.

11) Battlebit is trash which looks awful and foists server operating costs onto the players. Player operated servers for PS2 sounds terrible.

12) That's what content updates are for. When PS2 updates content, it gets featured in Steam, which is the best way to get players to try the game. But to get featured in Steam requires a content that's big enough to warrant an Updated Announcement. ANd anything like that is also going to have to push revenue. That's the reality of the business now.
  20. BattleWarriorZ5

C4 itself is fine, but should be removed off the LA. C4 LA's are decimating AMS Sunderers and just killing all the fights. C4 LA's aren't killing farming tanks.

Infiltrators major problem and what caused FPS players to simply quit the game after dealing with them, is Cloak being usable with Sniper Rifles. Fix that and you greatly improve the game.

Outfit OS needs to be removed. Construction OS is fine.