Oshur is quite literally killing the game. How do you not see that it must be taken off rotation?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mumbert, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Mumbert

The community does not want it. How are you still not understanding this? Please talk to us. What part about this is confusing you? It should have been taken out over a year ago, yet here it still is.

Oshur has made more friends than I can keep track of straight up stop logging in. The time it takes time to log into the game, your character, only to see that it's Oshur is a disappointment that I don't think you guys understand. Your experimental continent does not work. It's October 2023 and we are still seeing several "remove Oshur" posts on the subreddit every damn week, daily even (that the subreddit mods are removing because otherwise that's all the subreddit is). That's how big of an issue this is.

Let me tell you about playing in an outfit. We have scheduled "ops" 2 days a week. It seems more days than not, Oshur will be one of the two continents we have to play on, and make us simply abandon ops. People are unironically rather going to do the dishes, than play Oshur. Do you understand just how disasterous that kind of "content" is for a game?

You could improve this game so much in a heartbeat by simply removing Oshur from rotation, but for some reason you absolutely refuse to do it.

The community wants to play the game. But most view Oshur as completely unplayable. It's not Planetside. How much longer until you get the message? The game is almost dead. This is getting absurd.
    • Up x 7
  2. Solar-Warden

Speaking from console, I am in agreement with you.
  3. Liewec123

other night on the weekend we had 700 people online and it wasn't even quite primetime yet,
    it was set to be a great night, but then indar locked, and Oshur came and the pop was INSTANTLY decapitated.
    [IMG]

i had seen that Oshur would be the next map so when Cobalt primetime was inevitably cancelled by Oshur,
    i had planned on hopping over to Emerald, sure it was a bit early for a US server,
    but thats where my only other toon is, but my plan was thwarted because...Emerald was Oshur'd too.
    so i found myself making a toon on Miller, just to escape Oshur, Miller was dead and my new char
    had nothing unlocked so it wasn't a very good experience, but hey, the things we do to avoid Oshur...

Oshur is doom, Oshur is death.
    in the recent Enad7 conference they admitted that Planetside 2 was seeing the companies joint biggest losses,
    well dbg...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

you know oshur is killing the game, you know CTF is killing the game,
    FIX IT, remove these colossal mistakes and get the game back on track.
    • Up x 3
  4. UltimaRecon

Hmm, its my favorite continent, but I'm a fan of combined arms field combat which other continents tend to lack a lot of.
  5. Liewec123

It's the weekend again at primetime, and just like last week oshur has killed it before it has even begun...WAKE UP DBG.
    • Up x 1
  6. OldButGold

i agree with you 100%. the worst thing about it is that regular players who actually form the last core of players go to wash up and at some point may not come back. In the time where it is actually important to get more player numbers again, it is just stubbornly kept. I have many friends in the game who say, "Sure I would like to get Memebership or any packages but not if not just something is done against cheaters and Oshur." I can totally understand it too. I miss the old times without all the innovations in recent years that basically only work with a big outfit. Changes are good, even if you do not like them but the tax the Sunderer just abhang down. We are a strong community and would also keep to the team but I think the interest is just not there anymore. I think it will just run until no one logs in anymore. I would be damn sad anyway.
  7. VV4LL3

Phone number registrations are the best way to keep banned people out of the game.
  8. OldButGold

that's how epic does it. it's a very good idea. the only question is whether it would scare away regular players who really play normally. but you don't know if it will solve these problems. it's always the same players that stand out and they mostly have untraceable macros or autohotkeys.
  9. M4CGYV3R

I get enough spam calls thanks to these companies that can't remotely protect their user data. There is a ZERO percent chance I will be providing my phone number to DBG. I won't even provide it to Twitch or Discord.

Phone verification is not a solution, either, as it's very easy to get temporary SMS or call numbers just for initial registrations. I've used them quite a bit to do SMS verification for companies who only have landline or VoIP phones.
  10. VV4LL3

Just saying -- if you want to stop banned people from returning, that's the best way. Considering every ad agency already has your phone number since it's public information, using it as a registration requirement puts a significant hurdle on people abusing throw away accounts.
  11. M4CGYV3R

What dystopia of dumb ok-button-clicking teenagers do you live in? My number is certainly not public information and I don't give out my phone number. I have given it to so few places that I can easily identify from the other info they have where it came from, and I got a few bucks in a class action suit against a company selling information without disclosing it a while back.

You can also do SMS or call verification for pennies from a site like Telesign, SMS-Man, or MANY others that do the same thing so it's utterly pointless for them to use that information. You think filling out a form is too much work for someone running hacks who's already using anonymous proxies or a dynamic IP?
  12. BoomBoom4You

I agree -- If I play during the day and it is the only continent unlocked, I will just not play. I understand DBG spent a lot of time/money on developing it, but it needs reworked or removed. It's painfully boring and just not fun. Honestly a lot of the changes and "improvements" made during the tenure of someone should be blanket reverted, but I know that will never happen
    • Up x 1
  13. aversi0n

Instead of reworking the whole map, maybe give Oshur a different vibe with modified player options. Introduce an infantry grappling hook and parachute for example, turn it into a "Just Cause"-like experience, a paratrooper continent. Oshur feels too narrow and slow, open things up and make it fast.

Or simply remove Oshur and bring it back as a dedicated Halloween map, black sky, blood water, ghost ships, lava, evil everywhere, 72 hours non-stop, the undead continent. Spooky!!!
    • Up x 1
  14. Humusak

Oshur is boring like Rimmer, remove it from PS2