The biggest Faction Crutch in the Game That Ruined this Playerbase.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ps2 player, Sep 3, 2023.

1. JibbaJabba

I cannot even follow your point. Are you talking about the bullet drop on the Godsaw and Butcher now?
    • Up x 1
  2. Effect

The year is 2023 and we still have noob players complaining about no bullet drop, a mechanic that's borderline useless.

No bullet drop is only vaguely useful on scout rifles and the one sniper rifle that has it and that's only because they can be fired accurately out to render distance but even if you removed no bullet drop from them that would barely impact their performance.

Nearly every gun in the game doesn't have bullet drop until you get past 75ish meters, in terms of planetside 2 that's a huge distance with automatics due to COF bloom, recoil, damage drop off increasing the time it takes to kill someone. So as a result you very rarely see people shooting at those ranges.
    • Up x 3
  3. Demigan

This isn’t true.

The VS likes to complain that many of their weapons are inferior. But I checked out the “bad” weapons they had and they were pretty much on par and even exceeding the TR and NC equivalents in their performance. The TR being the one with the worst option most of the time.

The problem is that the Orion and Betel are of the best LMG weapon class. The TR and NC equivalents are also the highest scoring, and the VS start with that weapon and their aurax weapon is based on it. So compared to the best choices you can have and the rest, of course the VS players think their other weapon suck when they have to accept a more regular run of the mill weapon!
  4. Effect

It is true. TR and NC objectively get more variety of competitive options to work with than VS do. Only NSO is worse off (which is true for several weapon categories). VS don't have a true competitive DPS/high magazine LMG like NC (SAW/GODSAW/EM6) and TR (CARV/Butcher/Watchman) do. The closest is the Betel but the heat mechanic has been gutted so many times now that it's simply just not the same.

For VS the only options worth taking if you're trying to being competitive are the Betel, the Orion (which is a worse MSW-R), and the Maw (which is a worse Anchor). But once you have the Betel there's little reason to use the Orion or the Maw (unless you want to use unstable ammo). Every other LMG on VS is B tier or lower.
    • Up x 1
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

They could stealth-remove no bullet drop from VS tomorrow and I'd be surprised if the player base took less than a week to even notice. OP is off his rocker.
    • Up x 1
  6. ThanksPS2

I think good aim with the theoretically high DPS from the TR guns, and the fact that that faction in my experience has one of the most excellent team play, that can push you onward. I find that the only faction, as a VS fighter, I can consistently crush as someone whose first 500 hours has been terrible until recently, is NC. They're another story. At least their voices are cool and cute IMO.
  7. MonnyMoony

Total number of kills means nothing. It could be that VS have few other viable options, and so all of their kills are concentrated on a single weapon.

TR and NC could have just as many total LMG kills, but those kills are spread across a wider range of weapons.
  8. Campagne

In my personal opinion, I think a lack of projectile drop isn't useless, even if it's not a huge impact.

I think too many people are quick to think of gameplay exclusively as if the game was a spreadsheet, and while this can be and is often a good way to think and approach concerns and arguments surrounding stats and the like, this is one of the select areas where also considering the "real-world" application of it also matters. Such is it to say, not needing to account for projectile drop is one less factor to process and manage in a live-fire situation. The more mechanics one has to handle at once the lower the realistic performance is going to be. If it did truly nothing, then why not give it to all factions? Suddenly everyone thinks differently!

That is not to say no projectile drop is impactful or important for much. It can matter and can make a real difference, but in the vast majority of engagements it won't matter at all. Probably not even in 1 of 20 real engagements for most weapon types, maybe not even 1 in 50. It has mattered before and will matter to someone yet, but like Hell does it make anything overpowered. That's just my two certs.
  9. Effect

It is useless on the overwhelming majority of VS weapons.

No, they're saying that because they play the game. This isn't a matter of a spreadsheet, it's a matter of it being effectively zero impact on every weapon except scout rifles and snipers and even then it's still mediocre as a faction trait. Bullet drop doesn't start to occur on the majority of weapons until you get past 70 meters (many weapons go far past this), which is well outside the effective engagement range of any automatics and anyone who is shooting at that range with an automatic isn't going to be aiming for headshots (even with a 4x optic). Going for bodyshots extends the effective range of the weapon noticeably past the 70 meter mark. Giving it to all factions would be a waste of time because it does nothing, just remove it from the game and give VS something actually useful.

Try 1 in 10000, and that's being generous.

• Up x 1
  10. Ps2 player

unfortunately you cannot speak this kind of logic to these kids on here. they are thinking that no bullet drop is not OP when it literally is and i have no ***** clue why these dudes keep bringing up scout rifles and **** when i literally have it in the original post that im not even talking about scout rifles. there are so many VS guns that have no bullet drop and when you have a game that basically has weapon faction clones with slightly different stats but are on PAR with eachother as these people in here who are denying no bullet drop already have said in their own comments, those little factors are a deciding factor of who kills who first, even if its by a tiny margine, it MATTERS because it was the reason why they got the kill instead of the opponent.

watch a MMA fight or boxing match for once against two fighters who are similarly skilled and the judges score the fight SUPER CLOSE and the little factors that give one of the fighters the edge is what made them win the match, this is the literal same **** for VS no bullet drop, how these kids on here dont understand that logic is laughable, because its literally the same concept for VS no bullet drop against the other factions. Higher RPM, Higher Damage, No bullet drop.

You can have Higher RPM but have **** aim + bullet drop. You can have higher damage, **** aim + bullet drop. You can have good aim, Regular damage, and no bullet drop, that edge is the literal factor why VS no bullet drop helps them win fights even if its a small percentage, in a close fight, thats the DECIDING FACTOR LMAO. and when you add the factors of multiple players shooting 1 PERSON that small factor actually becomes a bigger factor as the VS mows down 1 guy out of the 50 guys they are fighting their way to the sundy, it adds up.

tell me you havent been on 3am at night and not seeing a literal VS heavy inside a building playing **** zombie simulator with the betelgus. its not because he has unlimited ammo, its because he can literally pin all his shots to the head due to no bullet drop with ease.

im done speaking logic on this thread, as time and time again this community has shown they arent the smartest of the lot, i mean they are literally playing alex jones conspiracys on reddit right now that the game is dying next month.
  11. Effect

Talks about logic and being smart, yet holds the standard opinion held by bad players and actually stupid people.

The ranges at which infantry combat takes place 99.99999% of the time, no bullet drop has zero impact on the outcome of a fight. You can try to deny this all you like, but your ignorance isn't going to stop reality from being what it is.
    • Up x 2
  12. JibbaJabba

To be done speaking logic on a thread, one must first start. ;)
  13. That_One_Kane_Guy

I'd wager the tradeoff lack of velocity has a more noticeable impact than the lack of drop. The average player is more likely to notice -20m/s velocity than a lack of bullet drop at ranges where your bullets to kill is measured in double digits.

[IMG]
    3am is distinctively no longer "night", and no I'm afraid I have much more important engagements at those hours. The only ones playing at those times are the tryhards and the bots they farm. Guess which one you are.

Also imagine believing that bullet drop is a factor in fights taking place, as you say: "inside a building".

You have used the word "logic" multiple times. This is not the same thing.

Also the experience of having one's intelligence insulted by someone who types every sentence like one who tried to run their copy of Hooked on Phonics on the microwave is rather surreal.
    • Up x 1