The biggest Faction Crutch in the Game That Ruined this Playerbase.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ps2 player, Sep 3, 2023.

1. Ps2 player

its funny how no one ever mentions VS no bullet drop is the most Broken thing in the game, your giving a whole faction Halo/Cod Physics while the other two factions have battlefield physics, (No i am not Talking About Bolters, Semi-Autos,or scout rifles.

VS has had this faction trait since the beginning of time and its one of the soul reasons why VS wins fights alot.

Top that off to The No Bullet Drop gimmick with a skilled VS player, then you now have a worser problem to deal with.

the Devs have tried to counteract this gimmick by making their cone of fire horrid, you shoot VS guns with no bullet drop and they go in a Triangular formation, but that doesn't matter because the bullets still go in a straight line to their destination point, whether it hits your target it or not, its still going in a straight line, unlike TR and NC over distance it arcs and when it lands, it has more chance to hit the chest then the head/intended area.

These Guns i am talking about are on Light assaults, Medics, Engis, Heavies, and VS SMGS.

The VS No Bullet Drop is Also a huge Crutch when it comes to deathmatch alerts, but ill get into that soon below.

Here are some Clear Example Scenarios of how VS no bullet drop is a big crutch to the faction as a whole.

- Take a VS heavy, and a TR/NC Heavy, Both are Very skilled.
    -Place them behind rocks across a 70m-100m Road

Who do you think wins???

The VS Heavy with no bullet drop gimmick. Why? Because since his bullets dont drop, he is able to consistently land more shots to the vital areas (Head/Chest) whereas the TR player has bullet drop, has to aim harder and burst fire constantly to keep up with the VS on hit points.

BuT It DoEsNT MaTTeR CauSe oF DamAGe DroP OfF - it does matter, because once again, since Vs has no bullet drop, they can land more bullets on their target then their target can back on them, more consistently to their intended targeted area.

NOW Take that logic in a different scenario - a skilled VS Player using a gun with no bullet drop, against a TR/NC Casual Player, not only is he skilled, but he also has a no bullet drop gimmick to crutch on as well, which is why you see a sweaty heavy main soloing 1-7 people before he dies in a 1-12 12-24 fight, all he has to do is lower his aim sensitivity, aim at head and those bullets will land more consistently then any TR NC player using the faction equivalent gun.

NOW TAKE THAT LOGIC, and Add it to a whole group of VS Players, Majority have been in this scenario.

your on a hill and a bunch of VS are on the bottom and you get instantly laser beamed to death, 20-30 VS All shooting at you, with no bullet drop, good luck ducking and weaving while a bunch of bullets that go in straight lines fly by you/hit you.

And once Again, another Scenario, Deathmatch alert You Take VS No bullet drop Gimmick with multiple VS players fighting against TR/NC, they will get more kills quicker then them, and this has actually been fact proven multiple times if you're on EMERALD, take the fact they can land bullets at longer ranges + skilled player behind that gimmick, which gives you an easy lead, then multiply that by multiple VS players, and you have a wall of laser beams.

So you don't believe this? Go try it out yourself in training mode, Burst Fire Any VS gun with no bullet drop 100m and beyond, and you will easily see the results that you can land shots easier than TR/NC Faction equivalents.

Below is Proof of this matter as well, I Main The Javelin, and the javelin weapon "Hydra" Uses VS No bullet drop physics and shoots VS bullets as well, 5 shots, from a point shooting out from 10 o clock to 4 o clock.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EZRekt/comments/169hkrr/_/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

both of those accounts marked with the blue lines are mine, totalling 11k Kills in short time frames.

Here is session Stats of Absurd KD's From using it all within under 30min/Hr of use.

As a funny guy on here Who made whole essays critiquing my StaTs, Here is some photos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EZRekt/comments/169hobn/_/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

All that wouldn't be possible if it wasnt for the no bullet drop gimmick, all i have to do is point at head and its easy money, And the funny thing is how i concluded this all to begin with, is that i can easily kill TR and NC players with it, but when i fight VS, who have the same no bullet drop physics, i have a big struggle against killing literally 1-2 guys as they can easily laser me down because of the no bullet drop gimmick, you should see how many times a VS light assault/Medic can shoot me off my javelin from 70-100m as well, as this just doesnt even happen when i fight TR or NC, if you want footage proof of that, ill gladly film that too.

Most people dont even realize this crutch to begin with because they are in CQC ranges 90% of the time, and automatically think he is just good at aiming, well its not just that he is good at aiming, the no bullet drop gimmick literally lets him have a big fat laser cone of fire that will land on target in the intended area easier then your gun.

Remove This Gimmick that has been ruining the game since launch, And you will easily see a more balanced VS, and you wonder why people dont like fighting the VS..
  2. Demigan

When it comes to the VS being OP I’ll be first in line to say they are. But you completely miss why.

For one thing, the COF of the VS isn’t worse. Per damage point the COF increases the same amount when compared to a similar TR/NC weapon. I calculated this myself a while back. I mean its not even difficult to calculate and figure out. You get the tools in primary school.

The no bullet drop is also used sparingly. Most weapons where it would be truly useful don’t have it and those that do have a small penalty in muzzle velocity. On only a handful of weapons is it truly a big advantage.

Its the combination of factors of reload speed, magazine size, good damage models (with a good ROF connected to it) that make the VS weapons so good. Hell their starter weapon and aurax weapon are of the one type that is most of the time among the best weapon type on the TR and NC as well.

Getting informed is always handy if you want to make some claims.
  3. Tharovinn

The VS no bullet drop mechanic is only notable in long range engagements where the minority of infantry fights happen as you pointed out, but I don't believe it gives VS such a large advantage it needs to be removed. If you want to look into nerfing it I got a few ideas.

What would you think about putting the no bullet drop mechanic into an ammo type you need to equip? (Weightless Ammo?) If the mechanic is troublesome for a particular gun the devs can remove it as an option and possibly replace it with something more conventional like Soft Point Ammo, or High Velocity Ammo.

The mechanic itself can be depowered by having no bullet drop up to a certain distance. I can't think much else to nerf the mechanic.

Oh, and, I don't like fighting VS cause of the Magrider, That thing shouldn't able to afterburner into places where it doesn't belong, but that is for another thread.
  4. tigerchips

Yeah, i tried Vanu once, had better K/D ratio with it. I presume it was the laser weapons being easy to control. So let's say we make the bullet drop the same as TR or NC. What do we include as a faction trait? How about slightly higher bullet velocity? Be easier for them to hit moving target, better for noobs like tha Vanu, or would this be actually worse?
  5. JibbaJabba

Nobody mentions this because it's NOT a thing. Seriously. You have yourself worked up into a "every faction but mine is overpowered" frenzy or something. Chill.

Outside of bolting weapons bullet drop has no impact on gameplay for any faction. None.

Here, this guy explains..

Why Bullet Drop Does Not Matter in Planetside 2 - YouTube
    • Up x 2
  6. FrontenStuermer

Its funny but i play TR and from my opinion i would change all my weapons against the weapons from NC.
    Having a MP with 522 Shots per Minute with 200 Damage is really incredible or having a Tank with a
    Damage Shield which reduces damage front and uper side to 67% for 8 seconds and recast is 20 seconds ?=?
    I tested many weapons from many factions because for an understanding of the abilities i created a char at vanu, nc and ns.

TR has many weapons with high shoots per minute but its useless because many of them have a damage reduction earlier than the weapons of nc and having a weapon with good damage it better for most fights from my opinion.

Its not all about dps, its about hitting the enemy with most bullets and i dont speak about infight at less meters.
    I speak about middle fights or long range and i from my experience nc has the best weapons for this.

Bulletdrop doesnt matter in all parts, in some yes, most no.
    If i compare the sniper from nc with 850meters per second and tr/vanu with 650meter per second
    you can aim the same point at enemy with all 3 weapons and will hit the same.

Testet it.

Thats all my personal opinion from my experience.
  7. Ps2 player

uses the Karv as an example (which is accurate and a LMG to begin with) and proceeds to talk about damage drop off, which doesnt matter for VS when it goes in a straight line AKA if they aim at the head its going to land at the head whereas TR NC aim at head from a distance all the bullets wont land at the head as easily as VS bullets will and thats the difference. those few extra bullets are always the deciding factor of why a VS will outgun you, at all ranges.

Also, Here is a clip of exactly what im talking about. Dude is literally 100m+ away and still guns me down as a medic, TR and NC NEVER do this to me on my javelin, unless they are using scout rifles/snipers/semi autos, ( end of the 30 second clip, my HP is Low yes, but he still kills me from that far away, even if i had half HP, the same thing would of happened either way, and this happens to me often when fighting the VS, i just never bother to clip it until now.

and thats just ONE guy, imagine more than one guy shooting from that far.

VS no bullet drop is basically a Halo Battle Rifle which has no bullet drop VS a battlefield player using any rifle that has bullet drop, yeah the halo player is gonna kill the battlefield player much easier due to no bullet drop, and when you have a whole faction who has this trait, its much easier to kill people, especially when multiple are shooting one guy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EZRekt/comments/16cutb6/_/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
  8. Somentine

• Up x 2
  9. Demigan

You obviously don’t know what you are talking about, for example you claim TR damage falloff starts earlier while if you just check the stats thats not true at all. Most weapons start at 10m and its the NC that has had its 200 damage weapons nerfed by having them drop 2 damage tiers over their damage drop off rather than 1.
    • Up x 1
  10. BattleWarriorZ5

The person that made this thread is a great troll.

"no bullet drop" is a meme.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ps2 player

utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

when people try to denounce facts of physics, Lmfao.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EZRekt/comments/16dk8i3/_/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

clip of NC shooting me from distance. no chance. i wouldnt of made this post if this didnt happen to me in the first place, unfortunately it does when facing the VS, and only them, consistently, get on a javelin with the same implants and test it out yourself you will easily notice the no bullet drop advantage of the VS, and im a moving target at a distance as well.

im not trying to get anything changed as it wont even happen, im just denouncing the BS that people somehow try to skew the fact of no bullet drop "isnt" an advantage. play halo, use a BR75, and see how far you can shoot an enemy with it, its the same **** in planetside, except, they obviously dont have a burst fire battle rifle, but the actual physics are still there, and thats all that matters, especially this being a large scale fps, multiple people shooting at you, with that same faction trait, not just 1.
  12. BattleWarriorZ5

Read this:

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Scout_Rifles

VS Scout Rifles have "no bullet drop"

"With exception of Vanu offerings, which trades muzzle velocity for their "no bullet drop" traits, the stats between all faction's scout rifles—Nanite Systems Operatives aside—are identical. "

Only certain VS weapons have "no bullet drop", not all VS weapons have that trait.

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Perihelion_VXC

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Perihelion_L-VXC

"The projectiles fired by the Perihelion are wide crescents that feature zero bullet drop, allowing for reliable damage at very long ranges. "

Do your research on the wiki, and ask the community on reddit or the discord which specific VS weapons have "no bullet drop" and how the bullet projectile behaviors work for each empires bullets.
    • Up x 1
  13. BoomBoom4You

It should have been nerfed a long time ago. Wrel made a lot of stupid changes like nerfing the Gauss Saw (was fine for literally 10 years, since launch), nerfing shotguns (lol), nerfing other TR and NC abilities, says the changes are not necessarily permanent but he wants to see how they play out, then leaves, and of course no one will revert those or look at them. Just part of a dying game.
  14. JibbaJabba

There is no bullet drop. It's not a factor.

NC damage model makes them king of range. Yet you apply logic that would make TR best and say it makes VS. LOLz.

you are such a bad player dude. Go watch the video again and try to understand. It's a video from a good player.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ps2 player

clear you didnt even read the original post.

Read Above, i literally said excluding scout rifles and snipers. VS light assault weapons medic weapons and the like all have no bullet drop.
  16. Ps2 player

You're

its a factor in every video game that has it, you CANT defy science, fact, and physics. its funny your trying so hard to negate the fact. But also, why would i care about anyones opinion when he practically post in 90% of your replies " i dont even play this game anymore "

congrats, no one cares.
  17. Ps2 player

Player Leaderboard - PlanetSide 2 (fisu.pw) Betelgeuse Kills, Yeah VS No bullet Drop is totally a Meme and not a contributing factor to the absurdly large kill count compared to the Godsaw and Butcher. a literal 300k Difference LMAO.
  18. BattleWarriorZ5

The Orion is a CQC LMG. At the ranges it is engaging you, "no bullet drop" even if it did have it, wouldn't have any benefit.
  19. BattleWarriorZ5

VS SMGs, Pistols, AR's, Carbines, and LMG's don't have "no bullet drop".

"no bullet drop" is only useful and effective on longer range weapons.
  20. Aysom

Did you know that Terran, New Conglomerate, and Nanite Systems' weapons all have a hidden stat that causes their bullets to arc upwards slightly out of their gun when fired?

This stat means that bullet drop is not relevant for their weapons at almost all relevant ranges as they are "zeroed" out to around 70 to 80 meters, velocity dependent—meaning that if you aim at the head at these ranges, you hit the head (cone-of-fire permitting).

Vanu's zero gravity trait is not that useful at any useful range for the vast majority of weapons. At these ranges, cone-of-fire is much more limiting—and it's equally as punishing for all factions. Damage fall-off also means that enemies are more likely to reach cover before you can score enough hits to kill them.

The only weapons it's decent on are semi-autos you can use at very long ranges, like the VA39 Spectre or the VE-LR Obelisk. But again, it's not as impactful on these weapons as cone-of-fire remains the primary limiter (as well as velocity) for long-range use.

And zero gravity definitely doesn't do anything to influence fights between two automatic weapons. Those weapons are far too limited at range through other stats for this to come into play.

(If anyone is curious, this "bullet arc" stat is not present on the Daimyo, NSO automatic weapons, or the Charger. This is why those weapons feel like they have stronger bullet drop than normal)

Or perhaps its because the Betelgeuse has been, for the longest time, one of the Vanu's only two viable meta LMGs (alongside the Orion), with a gimmick (heat) that makes it attractive to skilled players when killing inexperienced opponents en masse?
    • Up x 1