Don't bother going back to Reddit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tigerchips, Aug 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerchips

The mod there doesn't seem to be very nice at all.

Doesn't seem to allow criticism of the game which by the way is a crucial part of any gaming forum.
    • Up x 5
  2. FlashBang

Reddit mods are terrible in general, and most are not ran by the companies themselves. The new age mods don't actually want to be mods and now that they can't employ bots to do everything for them they are purging people.

I hope reddit dies and individual forums make a comeback. I would rather chat with people that actually take part in the things they talk about.
    • Up x 9
  3. UberNoob1337101

I only go on ps2 reddit to post and view memes on weekends, discussion there is pretty mixed, tho it isn't a whole lot better here either.

With that said, it's staggering how many players there barely play the game, but write tons on the ps2 sub.
    • Up x 2
  4. FlashBang

I got flagged for stateing how multiple system were broken by the construction patch so it really isn't much better here. It will probably just get worse the more players the game loses.
    • Up x 4
  5. Somentine

What was the post?
  6. Erendil

Yes, they do allow it. You can criticize the game there all you want.

What you can't do is personally attack the devs themselves.

The below is taken from the /r/Planetside posting rules, which can be found here:

7. Ps2 player

Currently laughing at some of the recent posts, From the Infil Post, to a guy wanting construction vehicle chain pulling gone, to a guy complaining about oshur flails still, to a guy complaining about the max alerts saying players are being forced to play max, Lmfao.

ive said it before as well, the mods of this subreddit also have their own takes of planetside 2 gameplay, just read their history. anything they dont like that suits their own gameplay they will remove/lock. bad choice for reddit to implement them as mods, its all unfolding just how i saw it too. the most funny thing is the guy who made the infil cloak post a few months ago was complaining about maxes as well, he is a heavy main, and he defends air to ground on his high horse. the mods are friends with some of these redditors in game, they will manipulate posts to try to sway in their favor, but if you actually go in game, talk about somthing in yell chat, mainly infils, you will see lots of replies of players who laugh at such posts or complaints.

thing is these players dont voice their opinions on reddit or the forums because they get shut down by the dorks who are complaining about it with their logic that revolves around their gameplay that is HA/LA/Engi. and get this, the mods are on their side too. so that should tell you enough.

if the devs really listen to the bad takes of this subreddit so be it, it isn't the first time, and its not my paycheck thats getting hurt.

here is the result of one of the subreddits recent funny nerfs.

these kids will say anything out of their bottom to get something nerfed that doesnt need to be to benefit their own gameplay as ive said many times already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EZRekt/comments/15rebg1/big_funny/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.com/r/EZRekt/comments/15recbv/_/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
    • Up x 1
  8. Somentine

9. Aysom

Oh no! The devs added some sort of counterplay to my absurdly overpowered artillery! How can I kill people if the game doesn't do all the work for me and shield me from the consequences of my poor decision making!? My terminal skill issue is the game's fault!!!
  10. Ps2 player

Haha @ absurdly. funny how the guy above posted "aLandwhales" kill count post with the flail, without actually showing the circumstances of the battlefield itself, omg he has this many kills with the flail omg its so OP nerf!!!!!

i was there, yesterday to be exact, on oshur, on the team doing this. what do i see? the enemy being flailed by their sunderers they post up in the open behind a rock, get killed by it, but still spawn regardless. funny today the same scenario, which i have screenshots and footage of, to actually show proof without talking out of my bottom like most redditors do. If you want to see it let me know, otherwise continue to make blatant lies like the rest of the suggestion posts in the subreddit you now moderate.

even have screenies of a kid complaining about the flail today still, when he was doing exactly what i just explained as well.

- targetting laser, from a tree 50m away, big bright green laser pointing right at them,
    -notification literally telling them that a flail strike is incoming
    -red smoke marker showing the location of it going to land
    -literal 8 seconds for it actually land on the placed marker
    -still dies
    -cries.

yeah, if you get killed by a flail, you deserve it. its not the flails fault you lack awareness to move out of the way when the mechanics are there to literally warn you.

i also have a screenshot of my session stats/video killing those exact same people getting flailed, and footage, showing how peabrain they are, me being literally right in front of them, killing them with my javelin, being completely oblivious, might as well nerf the javelin too. 93 kills - 33 deaths in that area.

i personally dont use the flail, i just like to point out peoples BS to get somthing nerfed/removed, but yes i have used it in the past. the only situations were people get that many flail kills is when a stalemate war is happening or "farm" Landwhale is probably crying about the flail because he got killed by it while camping in his tank, clearly lacking awareness skills, as i have footage of me coming up behind him and deleting his tank as well, go figure he would post somthing with a baseless title as well to try to stir up the pot.
  11. AuricStarSand

I'm not sure of PS2 mods, tho reddit generally is a stupid forum. Everyone has to have a clean opinion or else you're not allowed to post at all, such a stupid rule set.

I always post the most controversial subjects so I'm essentially not allowed to post EVER on any reddit forum. Even my positive posts often get downvotes, it's like the whole forum only supports the most generic topics, I hate that. I hate reddits voting system.
    • Up x 2
  12. Ps2 player

this is exactly why i warned that zani (aysom) shouldnt be a moderator. he is the exact type of person on the forums im talking about, very biased and makes up stuff to help project things to get nerfed. want to know somthing funny? as soon as he become a moderator, he immediately muted me on the subreddit Via t4anik telling him to do so. HAHAHA! (reasoning behind this? they reported to reddit for me replying back to them "copium coconut bar 500DBC" (as spam) all the while they left toxic replies on all of my posts because i would disagree with their takes on ESF's because i saw the way they were manipulating suggestion posts pre-reddit protest using throwaway accounts.

Here is the post they have mentioned to me above

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

goes in the reply section after reading my comment on here and makes this statement.

"No bro listen it's really hard to stare at a single location and jump and dodge for 3 seconds the Flail is super underpowered now there should be no counterplay it's super hard to use!!!"

clearly mocking, he doesnt realize that standing still and pointing the gun without being on any sort of elevation makes it not work at all.

From a user with a brain that he replied too "maybe a hot take but yeah. can't remember the last time i died to a flail that wasn't on Oshur"

- How dare he speak the truth that a little bit of brain and not lacking the awareness of a potato you could not die from a flail, i myself havent even died to a flail in months as many others have as well, but apparently, its so overpowered its haunting these people in their planetside 2 dreams!!!!

another false statement from a subreddit MOD:

"That's the problem, though. The Flail is so ridiculously overpowered that it's limited on every single continent. Averyintentional, and smart, restriction.
    And on the one single continent it isn't cucked by no-construction zones on, its hilariously busted balancing gets thrown into the limelight and it farms hundreds of kills per hour with zero effort."

its only zero to no effort because players lack the awareness to move out of the way from it, surely you dont lack the awareness though cause your so good, right? right????

Also like to point out making generalized claims without showing actual video proof of where its landing on the battlefield, which as i said before in my reply above, its were farms are happening(conjured up open field areas) sunderer locations (and people still respawn after being killed by it in the same location they died) , or construction bases, or tank columns who lack the awareness to move out of the way because they are so hard tuned into killing that one tank 600m away, clearly OP. (NOT)

-smoke marker indicator
    -literal warning notification its coming
    -sound telling you its coming
    -you have plenty of time to move out of the way from it, but still die? what else do you want?? Orbital strikes to shoot snow ??

"It should be balanced assuming it can be used everywhere. Even though it can't be, it should be balanced as though it should. And then you can consider making it fireable in more locations, if necessary.
    Although ideally, artillery wouldn't exist in the first place. It's not fun to fight"

Cant be, Should be, but it isnt and doesnt need to be, make up your mind.

then We have another moderator who "somentime" pointed out to me by using one of his videos which is "itsjustdelta" about the infil nerf, a forged video showing stalker infil on potato settings and his brightness turned up to the high heavens, trying to make infil look bad on his throwaway account "effectx" that he uses to comment on suggestion takes to make it look good.

yeah, as i said before, this new reddit is bad especially when the mods themselves manipulate suggestion gameplay posts for their own agenda.

Devs do take note and this should really be a rule, to actually show realtime gameplay footage in combat, not some random ghost area with 1-3 people as this can easily be a forged video to make somthing look bad, when suggesting nerf posts/buff posts, these manipulators of nerfs/buffs really are on reddit, and they will lie their bottoms off to get somthing changed.
  13. Ps2 player

As i forgot to add this to my previous reply above, this guy got downvoted to hell for speaking THE TRUTH LMAO.

"Ah. If only there was a way to disrupt or destroy the flail with some sort of special tactical device... Or something that can yeet you and 1-3 of your teammates right on top of enemy construction base... To hell with it. Imagine infiltrating enemy base to ambush the player and prevent him from spamming flail ! But it looks like there is nothing like those things in game"

sure he was being a little sarcastic, but he is speaking the truth that ITS LITERALLY A SKILL ISSUE. More proof of exactly what im talking about, these kids will lie their way to get somthing nerfed and silence those who speak the truth that it doesnt need to be.

another mans that got downvoted for speaking the truth.

"A complete non-issue, I guess OP is just jelaous that someone had a good streak.
    Flail is so situational.
    Just setting it up and getting people into the sweet spot happens so rarely"

seriously, get rid of these people, they are the ones ruining the game, and why the game is in the state it is in today, the subreddit, i am not the bad guy here, i am simply pointing out the rats in the nest who have been trying to manipulate the devs into believing their complete BS just because wrels gone.
  14. Aysom

Nope. You wanna know what happened? Redditors organically downvoted your posts so much because you were so combatative and your ideas were so unpopular that you ended up with hilariously negative karma and Reddit automatically shadowbanned you. No subreddit mods, before or after, have been involved in your banning.

You can cope and believe that we have an army of alts we used to downvote you (a bannable offence that Reddit automatically detects, mind you), or you can accept the truth that no one on Reddit agreed with you and made that opinion known by downvoting your comments.
  15. 36thelement

Yeah the new mods are terrible, many of them are keyboard warriors. As bad as the previous mods were, at least they were somewhat impartial.
    Gauging genuine player sentiment is also impossible due to the vote system and ability to easily make multiple accounts.
    • Up x 1
  16. Skytta

Reddit is awful, used by awful people, and modded by even worse people. How is this news?
    • Up x 2
  17. Ps2 player

o reallly ?? funny because i investigated it even further with an actual reddit admin as i already went past my upvote comment karma rate long after that but it was still -100, funny enough a reddit admin showed me a chart of two users creating multiple accounts from that exact subreddit, they mass downvoted to -2361, the admin fixed my account and banned those two users.

i found yalls little council triangle long ago.
  18. Aysom

If those two users have been banned and your account is fixed, why is your Reddit account suspended and why are those users (at least, if they are who I think you are talking about) still on Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/u/a280dlt

Can't help but notice you were suspended from Reddit. And we can very much see your new account getting flagged up by Reddit for ban evasion when you try to post on the subreddit.

Almost like you're making stuff up to try and make yourself look better. No Reddit admin helped you with anything.
  19. Golconda

Reddit is too fishy the mods do what they want without anyone to see, you can get shadowflagged and/or your post made hidden by default. reddit is also flawed because people use the downvote button in the wrong way and that makes the community very toxic. I much prefer how the "what's new" page works here, even if I'm not sure how it would work with a lot of more people.
  20. Somentine

No, they can't.

I swear, the amount of misinformation that people spew and propagate is unreal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.