Just Unbelievable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chickenbob, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Chickenbob

A hacker killed all fights tonight for several hours. A second hacker came to join the fun since they don't get banned or stopped in any way. I don't know why I play this game and I don't know why someone would want to start playing this game.
    • Up x 1
  2. VakarisJ

One of ours complained about that earlier (2023-07-16 03:04 GMT+3) on Emerald. The MAX was apparently using an airbreak hack to stay in the air and an aimbot to slaughter anyone in range. I'd throw out a name and the killboard, but "accusing" is apparently against forum rules.
  3. Scatterblak

If you have video, send it to the devs. And post it here. You don't necessarily have to accuse anyone of hacking, but you can let the playerbase see the video.

4. Chickenbob

Everyone knew their names. My entire platoon and others reported. Videos were taken. At the end of the day, none of it mattered. They will probably not get banned but even if they did, they could remake their accounts and do it again.
  5. Yaesu

Yeah, I had enough of the bull and logged. Over the years I have played a handful of games, and while they all have their cheating/hacking, I have never seen anything like the out-right cheating on PS2.
  6. tigerchips

Yes, i've seen a hacker on NC side and reported them. Seems to be getting worse.
  7. VakarisJ

You haven't played the GTA multiplayer then. Mods in the earlier titles or the official things in 4 and 5 – all filled with laughable amounts of blatant cheaters. Red Dead Redemption 2 is no better. That's what you get for Peer To Peer servers. ArmA is likewise known for the same problems.

Then there's New World, which also had massive numbers of cheaters by use of glitches. Entire guilds duped and made themselves invincible during point-hold town sieges. That was... fun...
  8. Towie

Almost but not quite - "that's what you get for the typical Client - Server scenario" https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...bout-the-cheating.254397/page-11#post-3552845

Totally agree with the breadth of the problem though, as I stated in that message. So you either suck-it-up - give up (as I did) or hope beyond hope that the industry gets smart and tackles this issue en-masse.
  9. Anthrage

Been reporting the flying MAXes but have not seen any response. The devs are in a precarious position population-wise, with some actual competition for the playerbase for the first time in a long time - if they don't response to these issues soon, and message loudly and clearly to the players that they are doing so, PlanetSide 2's inevitable death with come a lot sooner than it would otherwise.
  10. ladorade13

ps2 is actually dying I stopped the subscription for a while now I play in total free to play and yes in addition to the subscription I bought boost nanites 7 days the 2 boxes each time big loss for PS2 too bad.

I've been playing since the SOE era I'm not going to continue to support a game where blatant or minimal hacking is tolerated on MILLER the LPS are the kings, they may report but nothing happens so I let the game die slowly for another times too bad for PS2
  11. VakarisJ

"Dying". You make it sound like it's on its last legs, but it's doing just fine.
  12. Ps2 player

wrels departure already was the nail in the coffin
  13. Somentine