Do NSO have buggy cloaks?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TyphusAlGhoul, Jul 11, 2023.

1. TyphusAlGhoul

I've had several occasions where I was cloaked, remained still, no motion detectors nearby -- and still the enemy just go right for me. I even asked a person about it and this person said NSO have buggy cloaks and that he/she could see me real good.

Is this true? Does NSO have some bug in their cloaks?
  2. Botji

Afaik its not exactly a bug, their characters being blocky with lots of edges = much easier to see when cloaked.

But yeah, NSO infiltrators can not rely on being 'invisible'.
  3. Suicune

You also might be suffering the flicker bug. Current construction causes an issue where if you walk in the light path of some of the new construction objects? You'll get bugged and people can see your flickering, even without a darklight on you.
  4. VakarisJ

Since the Fortification update, all construction lights are darklights. It's not a bug.
  5. Suicune

The bug is that its causing the darklight to get stuck. Causing infiltrators to flicker even when not under the affects of it.
  6. MonnyMoony

But cloak flickers even when you are nowhere near construction or people using darklight - it's definitely bugged at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  7. Yaesu

On my engineer, FED UP of constantly being taken out by stalkers, months ago I certed out a stalker. I went through the learning stages, picked up some tricks. There are many times where I will find a spot, park it and watch. Honestly, NSO infiltrator cloaks are total crap. They are easily seen even at some distance. I am totally convinced that after last patch inf cloaks were nerfed. I'm finding it much easier to see inf's. But the NSO cloak now? Holy crap. They go from being colored to clear, their outline is clear as day. I swear, when they are running, even at like 80 to 100 yards away, they are clearly visible.
  8. Yaesu

I saw this at Oshur BIG TIME. Not close to any construction, at the base of a tree, somewhat in a bush. Suddenly, I start flickering. I do a 360 but nobody is near me. Well, except for a player who does have a black light, but they aren't even close to me. Quite a bit away, across the field, like 60 or more yards away. Did they extend the range of the dark light last patch? Seeing this on other continents but not as much as Oshur.
  9. Niamar

I can be in the middle of 48 enemy and never be seen, over an hour or until everyone leaves the current fight, but sometimes there is that one guy that knows right where you are and makes direct path at you from 50 meters away to stand by you and do the tbag multiple times before shooting you in the head.

You can't move, you cant turn or switch weapons, you can't uncloak to kill someone and recloak thinking you will be safe, you can't look up or down, don't spot. There are bugs, and there certainly are cheaters.
  10. Ps2 player

NSO has worst Cloak, but the trade off is the harbinger pistol, Which is currently the best pistol out of them all in game because of its ability to shoot accurately with little to no recoil while aiming down sights and can down any player with two headshots, the amount of rage tells ive gotten through my stalker villain arc will forever be in my history of enjoyment.
  11. TyphusAlGhoul

There is an implant called Deep Operative which if you max it and stay uncloaked for 12 seconds, then you will be 75% less visible when cloaked. I've tested this several times trying to verify if it actually is true, but couldn't come to a conclusion. Several things about this bothers me:

1. When have you spent 12 seconds uncloaked so you know you will be less visible when you cloak? Would be nice with some indication/notice.
    2. Are you 75% less visible when both moving, and standing still?

Can anyone with a friend verify this, if it works I mean? And as several people already pointed out. I too swear that people just plainly see me, especially when running. Sure it's the small bent light thing, but even when standing completely still some random player just runs towards me and kills me, as if the knew I was there.
  12. VakarisJ

In a bout of curiosity and madness, I spent an hour on the PTS getting to BR20 so I could get a robot to test the cloak. Here are the results, all on Ultra settings:

Personally, I don't see much of a difference between NSO and NC. The way cloak bends light makes the NSO's sharper edges stand out a bit, but only when back-lit and it's not even that bad. The only thing that stands out is that weird tube on the NSO's head, and even then, only at a certain angle. Then Deep Operative comes into play and all issues are wiped clean.
  13. TyphusAlGhoul

Thanks for the video. Only one problem though. To activate Deep Operative you have to stay visible for at least 12 seconds before the 75% activates (level 4+5). Seems you just switched from standing to crouching without waiting. That being said there is not much different between NSO and NC as you say.

BTW, how did you record this? How can you set up a camera like that and film yourself?
  14. VakarisJ

The footage is not continuous. I waited the needed time long before the clips you saw. There's no need to wait between standing and crouching – it does not cancel Deep Operative. Once the required amount of time passes, Deep Operative is in effect until you take damage and decloak. If you cloak again after taking damage, but without waiting the required time uncloaked, Deep Operative will not grant its effect.

I didn't film my self the way you think – those are two characters. One is on my desktop, the other's on my laptop. I used Ctrl+F10 and Ctrl+F11 to remove the HUD and the displayed weapon. The recording it self was done with OBS, cut up and remuxed with FFMPEG and edited with Vegas Pro.
    • Up x 1
  15. Yaesu

I've stuck with 2 implants since my reading up on stalkers. Cat Like, of course, increase your speed while crouching. Crouched you are hidden from motion darts. The other, it's name I can't remember, restores your health. It has saved me MANY times. Hunting the way I do, # of infiltrators killed by an infiltrator achievement...etc., you rarely come across medics. You take damage, find a quiet spot, uncloak a few moments, all better.
  16. tigerchips

I think the fortify implant is bugged maybe. Lights you up when you stand still.

i've unequipped all implants and all decals/camos just in case those are also bugged. I don't know but it may affect DBG's finances until they fix it. Hint hint.