Infiltrator classes, how many?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tigerchips, Jul 10, 2023.

1. tigerchips

As of today i believe there are 4 infiltrator/sniper classes in Planeside 2.

Heavy Assault class has access to Scout rifles
    Medic has access to Scout rifles
    Engineer has Archer which is really a sniper rifle rather than an AMR. It's also seems better than any other sniper rifle.
    Infiltrator class itself.

No wonder Infiltrator feels OP, most deaths are probably quickly delivered by the other classes which are being mimicked.
  2. KhlorosTesero

Scout rifles are not snipers even the most powerful scouts need 2 headshots to kill, and even then they are really only good for mid range they cant reach out and touch things.

The archer sucks for sniping, its a bolt action that takes 2 headshots to kill, is horribly slow to reload, is a very slow projective in general it can be used snipe but only in a pinch because its has horrible damage drop off.

The sniper rifles are the only true sniper rifles, but infiltrators are OP simply because of cloak, thats all, its a very powerful mechanic to go invisible.
    • Up x 4
  3. darktr00per4

I agree, The Archer is exactly as it should be because its not supposed to be a sniper its an anti armor rifle. The Scout rifles are good for the midrange engagements but lack in the CQC. I sound like a broken record but it was this way for a reason in the Original game snipers were available to all classes but it took up a primary slot and the ammo took up a lot more space in the inventory. The bolt drive was a two hit kill (no headshot multiplier at the time) but had an extremely long reload. the scout rifle had less damage but faster fire and reload times.

The cloaking mechanism is rough to deal with as its very powerful when sniping ( my KD doubles). I am not sure how to fix this as everything is tied to the class itself. its the same problem with SMG infils, seems they tank a good amount of damage. almost to much.
  4. KhlorosTesero

Honestly cloak should just be a equipment slot item that takes up your shield. Sorry infultrator mains but cloak, and shield even if the lowest health and shield is still insane.
    • Up x 2
  5. Somentine

Archer is a OHK in pretty much any range you should be using it, which is up to 90m.

Bad long range sniper yeah, but realistically anyone past that range is relatively useless anyway, except for a few bases.
  6. Yaesu

There appears to have been something done to cloaks. Being seen a lot since patch. Even long range shots while sitting still in spots. They don't even have a special scope equiped.

The Archer and other AMR's used to be great. Used to see many 'one shot' headshots at medium range. After months of playing a stalker then going back to my engineer? AMR's were nerfed and are junk now. I got 4 closer shots at a Max yesterday, including a headshot and nothing. Used to be able to take out armor/vehicles on your own with an AMR. Not anymore. Two days ago, I had an infiltrator decloak, come after me with their knife. I was able to get a shot off with my Archer, directly into their face at 4 or 5 feet. NOTHING????? Getting REALLY FRUSTRATED over how weapon damage is figured in this game.
  7. darktr00per4

Truthfully, Idk why we have AMR's in the game to begin with. The infiltrator isn't the one to combat vehicles and it seems like the Devs are trying to stretch everything out in this game so every class has a way to fight vehicles making every class a little less unique in the way they should be. Need to take on a vehicle? switch to an assault class. Need to shoot long range and to damage to infantry? Use the infiltrator class. Am I the only one to feel like there's almost to many weapons in the game spread around to to many classes and the balance passes have made most weapons (aside from the meta of the month) meh?
    • Up x 1
  8. Somentine

Archers were meant to deal with Maxes, but they were god awful at anything else. Instead of a plethora of other options, like being able to be a secondary weapon, or nerfing it against vehicles a little more and putting it in the tool slot or turret slot, etc. they decided to create more AMRs and give them all OHKs.

TBH, any infantry player that complains about AMR's OHK are pretty high on copium though, as they are worse snipers on a class that can't go invisible.

As for infantry vs. vehicle balance... it ain't balanced for anything and never has been, both ways. Both have braindead, safe, easy, and cheesy ways of killing each other, just that one (two) domains are largely immune to 95% of the weapons in the game.

The amount of weapons for automatics is largely fine, apart from a few that are basically just worse versions because CQC is king, but there are some questionable other weapon categories like having 3 AMRs for each faction, duplicate shotguns for each shotgun type (ie. heavy & light pump), etc.

But yeah, there aren't enough balance passes for weapons.
  9. Yaesu

Well, AMR's are used by engineers not infiltrators. Perhaps I read your post wrong. It IS getting ridiculous though. Engineers had the mana turret for vehicles. Besides the fact that they were NERFED TO JUNK, hop on a turret and you were ever infiltrator's target for miles.

Weapons. LOL. Why are there so many? It works like this. A weapon is introduced. It actually works. The 'preferred players' cry that they are working. Weapon gets NERFED TO JUNK. You had fun for a little while though, right? LoL.
  10. darktr00per4

No you didn't I forgot the engineers could use it! Sorry about that. Well that's the problem they continually add in new weapons even if the current ones are not that balanced. We now how so many weapons that vehicle combat isn't as prevalent as it used to be, now its just redeployside. Half the infantry weapons are bland and feel identical. The only thing that divides most of them is how bad the bloom is and the TTK and the division isn't a trade of distance for CQC its either trash and useless or good. Instead of creating a Great group of Faction specific weapons and a small handful of decent NS weapons and just keeping it simple and fun, its become a complicated convoluted game of trash weapons with a small handful of good ones that everyone uses.

They bring in a few weapons to make some money off of in game currency, then nerf them into the ground so they can repeat it a couple months later.
    • Up x 1