[Bug] Unable To Deconstruct Ally Constructs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ToxicToast, Jun 10, 2023.

1. ToxicToast

Hello,

After being terrorized by some non-squad members placing random stuff in my base and completely bottlenecking the flow of traffic, I tried to remove their objects via the welding tool. Surprise, it is completely broken.

It has been flakey since the fortification update but after the hotfix it's simply unusable and impossible to remove objects other people place in your base. You can remove your own but that is all you are limited too.

In addition to that, you can now hold two welding tools if you pull one from favorites and one from field tools, none of them work to deconstruct objects.

ToxicToast
    • Up x 4
  2. ToxicToast

I do not have reproduction steps but I can say with 110% confidence that it's been broken since the may 7th hotfix. This is an essential tool and for it to be broken, especially in extremely busy zones where players block traffic/grief, doesn't make for a pleasurable experience for anyone.
    • Up x 1
  3. ToxicToast

Bump,

Please resolve this. Waiting nearly a month to undo other players constructs on your own silo.
    • Up x 1
  4. Etomb

The game determines whether you can deconstruct something based on a few rules, with one of them being where the structure was purchased from. It doesn't really matter whether someone built something at your base, it matters whether they bought it from your silo. Squad mates share ownership of structures and can deconstruct other squadmates' buildings. Also, I think the rules in VR are different. There are some bugs right now with the game forgetting who owns/purchased a building, but make sure you know where they bought the structure from.
  5. ToxicToast

To this day, I am still unable to deconstruct any buildings anyone places in my silo range regardless of it being pulled from my silo or the back of their ANT. I am not the only one frustrated by this can't delete stupidity | PlanetSide 2 Forums (daybreakgames.com) including some people I build with. I can't even remove some squad mates structures.
    • Up x 1
  6. Walking Shark

I think this might have been part of the change to how non-player cap silos work, to keep people from logging in an alt and deconstructing a base at a cap silo. Because you can pull a regular silo and put it on a cap silo, it would let people take ownership of things built in that zone and decon them. Of course, building a player silo at a cap silo causes other issues, like deactivating the veh terminals if the silo goes below 20k even if the cap silo has cortium in it. The real solution is to revert this change and make it so you can't build a player silo near a cap silo.

They could also implement a feature where if you try to decon something that belongs to someone else it pops up a notification asking if they're ok with it. If they select yes, it decons. If they select no, it doesn't. If they do not answer it times out after 60 seconds and decons. If they are not online it decons.
    • Up x 1
  7. Talthos

Can confirm that this is still an issue, nearly 4 months later. I literally had to abandon a base I was attempting to build, due to an ally placing a random wall and ruining the specific layout plan I had in mind.

They also didn't speak English, so my 'please remove your wall' messages had no effect.
  8. b0bd0d

I've had my stuff be deconstructed though, so it must work sometimes?