[Vehicle] What's NC/VS perspective on Battle Valk?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EWanderer, Jun 15, 2023.

1. EWanderer

So TR/NSO person here. Me and my outfit are currently trying to revive the battle valk (valkery with crew hunting down enemies).
    In our case that is of course using striker, despite it's current lackluster state. Though we plan to do some runs with other rocket launchers just for testing purposes.
    And while I plan to write down our experience on the current state of the battle valk, I wanted to use this opportunity to ask around other factions for their use of the Valk as a group assault vehicle. If they work at all, what loadouts are used and how effective it feels compared to having just everyone being in an ESF instead.

PS: any NC/VS air on cobalt is invited to keep an eye out/join us for TR valking around on saturday evening.
  2. Botji

I dont have much of an opinion about it since its like 98% in TRs favour by default with the Striker, everyone else will struggle to be even half as potent.

I do have a tip for Valkyrie crew, HA should not sleep on the Punisher class grenade(havoc). It can make killing ground vehicles incredibly easy/fast as even if there are engineers trying to keep it alive, they cant repair it.
    • Up x 1
  3. LodeTria

NC can make it work with mastheads, but it's still pretty weird. Don't even try using pheonixs in there because you'll just blow yourselfs up without some extremly specific flying, which takes alot of skill to do in combat situations.

Everyone else has to use lock-ons which are range limted & kind of awful to use in the seats.

Most battle valks are TR for a reason.
  4. VV4LL3

The Stryker makes it OP. Would be balanced out if the rounds turned dummy, like Light Infantry rockets, but the seeking rockets makes it absurdly OP.

There simply isn't a VS/NC equivalent. normal G2A weapons can't deliver the DPS a Stryker can, or have the same degree of efficiency from a Valk.
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

^^this, and all seats fits with engineers = repair team. the only problem pilot - he must know how to position for gunners.