[Vehicle] Lightning kingsnake is a direct upgrade to the Viper. Nerf it or add it NS pool.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 23rd enigma, May 6, 2023.

1. 23rd enigma

It has more dps and accuracy, than c75 viper. Why is this the case in a game where there are "no upgrades only side grades". The Lightning King snake just steps all overt the Heat and viper turrets. Please DBG nerf the lightning king snake as it makes the heat and viper obsolete.
  2. Aris12

This is true. On TR, nobody with enough certs is even using the L100 Python AP in armor fights. In vehicle vs. vehicle, that gun is also a direct upgrade.The lightning's kingsnake is the only empire-specific gun of the ones they added last year that is yet to be nerfed since its original release.
    • Up x 1
  3. 23rd enigma

Someone on reddit did a DPS analysis and the king snake has a major DPS advantage. Meanwhile, they nerf the JGX and keep the kingsnake as the best. Just looking at the weapon damage numbers, you can easily see that the king snake will be overpowered. This reminds of the time I left the game when the tr got the OP (pre nerf)gatekeeper. It was so blatantly OP it was stupid.. Please RPG don't make the same mistake and leave the lighting canons in this unbalanced state. Buff the viper to be better or nerf the kingsnake..
  4. JibbaJabba

Pulling that over...

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  5. MichaelMoen

I love how I came to the forum wanting to complain about the TR's Kingsnake, lo and behold someone is doing it for me.

Loving the proof in that DPS graph as well. As TR there's absolutely no reason for them to NOT be using the Kingsnake on either the Lightning or Prowler, it's simply comparative or better in all aspects. Whereas the JGX. It's good but only in close quarters where you know you won't miss because of that stupid projectile arc. NC is supposed to be all about Coilgun weaponry. Mass Drivers? Was expecting a scaled up Railjack, not "Artillery".
  6. UberNoob1337101

Dear lord, what's the point of HEAT and Viper?????

JGX is also comically bad, like can't OHK infantry and horrendous drop bad.

50% more DPS while still having better range than Viper...
    • Up x 1