[Vehicle] NSO Tank Chimera and Lightning attacking Bastion Components is not good : (

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, May 21, 2023.

1. AntDX316

NSO Tank Chimera and Lightning attacking Bastion Components is not good : (

The fact they can wreck the Bastion, why even use a Colossus that cost so much anymore?

They can be spawned non-stop for free from playerbases. : (
  2. tigerchips

Yeah, what the heck were they thinking.
  3. RRRIV

Nah, its pretty fair. Why rely on an outfit pulling a colossus to counter the big flying ship that's actively ruining your experience that was also pulled by an outfit? There are only 4 counters total for a bastion: another outfit pulling a colossus, another outfit pulling an airball or their own bastion(one usually follows the other), and the NSO mainguns (1 for MBT and 1 for LT). There is NOTHING an individual player can do to fight/help fight a bastion w/o being in an outfit.
    • Up x 2
  4. Shatteredstar

To some degree true. A small group that's dedicated enough (and oddly with the number of player bases with command centers) can eventually chip it down via air and A2A lockons and the high magazine no dropoff noseguns, but its a long road to hoe certainly and not any fun.

The NSO being able to help out in their own way certainly isn't bad, and given that the Bastion's own ESF guard and gunners can rip up the NSO tanks...seems fair enough too.
    • Up x 4
  5. Hereyagoboom

A single player can take out a bastion. If you have a Chimera equipped with a Larian which is armor piercing I can you shoot at a bastion all day long now. I took out 5 hardpoints on one until air finished it off. They are long distance no bullet drop. I think just like harassers and C4 they need to be nerfed.
  6. EWanderer

a bastion can move to throw off aim at long distances. and if air guard and canons cannot take down a single chimera, then that bastion doesn't deserve to live in the first place.
    • Up x 2
  7. VV4LL3

700 dmg / rd... grab a cup a tea.
  8. Botji

Well.. I did kill one yesterday, mainly with the Larion.
    Randoms probably helped ofc but from the number of hits it took and me getting all the hardpoint kills I feel its fair to say that "I" killed the Bastion.

Was bored from grinding shotguns so even though it took a while after I popped the first 3 and they started being evasive, I thought it was fun. Bastions still have A2G guns and 'unlimited' ESFs to throw at stuff so I dont think its unfair at all that their AFK farming machine is both nerfed and not so much possible to AFK while invulnerable from the ground anymore.

They shoot at me, I shoot at them, seems fair... even more so when multiple points are not even visible from the ground and you have to guesstimate where to shoot to hit them through the thing.
  9. VV4LL3

So here's the thing. The Chimer'as rail gun is pointless compared to other MBT guns. The piercing doesn't really work, so all you're left with is a round that does less damage than other tanks. Sure, the zero drop is nice, but not needed, especially after the decreased round drop/ MBT buffs that also increased projectile speeds faster than the rail gun... so, if you think the Chimera LPPC/PPC are OP... hop in a King Snake and enjoy the kill streaks from two-three hexes away.

Play in 3rd person and enjoy the 0-round scatter.