To summarize the construction patch notes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Apr 25, 2023.

1. RabidIBM

-Removed AI modules
    -Removed pain spires
    -Removed 1 way window shields
    -Removed Skyshield EMP effect on infantry
    -Removed alarm module
    -Buffed cortium bomb

RIP

I'm left shaking my head here because some of the other changes look like actual work was put in, but with that top list of things, WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO BASES?!
    • Up x 4
  2. RabidIBM

Also, I forgot to include: Test server this Friday and Sunday, update your test server client!
  3. RiP0k

Agree. It's especially likely that the Liberators will quietly destroy the Silo and we won't do anything about it. Well, stalkers with AV knives. I went for a cortium or went into battle and the base will be calmly destroyed. I don't see construction taking on any role other than that of the piñata.
    • Up x 1
  4. OSruinedPS1

"I'm going to spend the next 20 minutes building a base that doesn't give me an advantage and makes attacking it fun," said nobody ever.
    • Up x 4
  5. shoguncawwill

Forgot to add updated the blasted osher map
  6. OneShadowWarrior

I looked at the notes for construction bases. Didn’t really care. Just my opinion.

I originally thought when construction bases came they were going to be used to beef up shoddy base designs like advanced engineering in the original Planetside. There are so many other productive endeavors they could have had this year, like actual doors to hack. Really as simple a that. Very unexciting year for PS.

Never expected construction areas or capture point areas built for them to be a driving force of fights out of the middle of no where. They still aren’t. A very unsuccessful concept.
    • Up x 1
  7. AuricStarSand

Viewing those vids xD

Obviously you have to have the skills of a top 1% ESF pilot just to solo defend your own silo.

Brings back flashbacks of trying to defend my own silo and I've never been a esf pilot pro and never used esf's. So I usually just had to pop smoke and try to c4 fairy with ambusher jets, while having 2 enemy tanks shoot my lightning as soon as I pull it, while my AI AV turret dies under 10 seconds to 2 to 3 enemy tanks.

Even if I built a mega silo for 1 hour with 3 VS low lvl alts and my vs main. So 4 AV auto turrets, all the turrets would die fast.

Now adays allies help defend silo a little more often, thanks from the Oshur launch meta. Still it's not enough most of the time I'm sure. If you're solo & you will be solo 80% of the time verse 2 to 12 to 24 to 48 enemies.

The Major Issue, is the simple fact that OUTFITS BAIL to farm outfit resources elsewhere every 4 to 8 minutes. So unless you slap outfit leaders from playing region monopoly for their generic stocking of outfit resources, then they are always going to redeploy leaving your silo vulnerable.

Ye sometimes when the main outfits platoons aren't online and most of the server is pubs, then yes people stay for the region links to bridge a defense perimeter for your silo to hold the line and have a silo defense.

Yet if the ZERG OUTFITS are online, no, they won't stay, they never stay to defend silos, they always & I mean ALWAYS redeploy across the map to farm resources 99.99% of the time. People have argued about a lot of varying nit picky things of this game, and overall I find the devs honorable. Yet if their of one thing I hate & despise the most out of this game, it's FOR SURE ZERG OUTFITS LEADERS.

Zerg outfit leaders are the bain of my existence for playing ps2. I hate them so much. Most of them haven't even played the maps or studied the maps as much as me, so they are clueless to why I get so hostile at them. When I want to have a more unique experience & try to get a 3 way faction fight at a warpgate. & yet they get to the endzone, only to redeploy to ghost ninja a 1-12 region every time.

Zerg Outfit leaders defending silos, even if your yelling for them to stay and help defend a base 3 vets helped build, they won't. They won't engage unique regions, they'll ignore 3 way faciton fights at unique regions. I just want to see Zerg Outfit Leaders punished for their crimes against the true way someone should play a battlefield type game.

They are so clueless too, they know they are enslaving their platoon to farm POCKET OS's at 1-12 regions with their 48-96 platoon. *ok we capped this region for the outfit flag, lets redeploy across the map " smh >.>

& they've been doing this way before outfit resource page was a feature. Not even for the sake of alert rewards either, as they were doing this before alert rewards too. They've ignored unique big battles, just to have their outfit flag waved around.

This game really needed a new format that demolished zerg outfits years ago, dev made outfits, 4 dev made outfits per faction, no player made outfits, that rewards small pub leaders more than it rewards zergs.

Not to mention I have a solo outfit and you're able to stock 4/4 collosuses solo and everything else at a moderate pace, if you're a vet. So they must be farming Pocket OS's. Also if Zerg Outfits aren't ever organized enough to defend player made silos, then who needs zerg outfits anyways, if all they do is ghostcap for their flag & don't even participate in the one feature that requires teamwork the most; SILOS & warpgate holds they ignore.

Many times the outfits redeploy even if they don't win the fight, just their leader sees a easier prize elsewhere. So you built behind the lines of a 48vs48, well now the VS ally zerg outfit vanishes across the map. So you're left defending against 48 enemies, that happens allllllll the time. So even a pub of 12 would get destroyed by the 48 enemies.

Meaning defending silos evenly is going to be a joke, less they deal with the main issue which is zerg outfits and their stupid inflated pop numbers. Without a outfit pop limit at least. Why must one outfit hog all the noobs for years & pretend like their teaching them anything other than how to ghostcap for pyramid scheme their platoon leaders with pocket os's & stalemate boredom.

The solution is ye, Hogwarts houses, 4 dev made outfits, delete all player made outfits, than sort everyone equally to the 4 outfits or let them pick. Yet if one dev made outfit out of the 4 is overpopped, then ye nobody new is allowed to join that one. So if friends wants to play together, they have to pick the 1 out of 4 that isn't overpopped. Essentially evening outfit pop automatically & ridding zerg generic outfit leaders who suck at venturing to unique regions anyways. Solved.

Sorry for the rant. Just a pet peeve. As for a solutions for pubs defending silos, well how about a " Steel Reign module " gives your pub a free steel reign to defend verse enemy tanks. Used once per 10 min. As I said most who build are not Outfit users, so they won't have one stocked.

Yet I'm not even sure if that would help enough, you'd probably just summon 12 noobs, half are medics and infils, who are feeding 4 enemy tanks and don't steer off anyone. Less you give silo's some armory for free HA launcher items to equip without them having to switch class. Similar to picking up HA launchers items on a Halo Infinite match. " HA Launcher Box press E to equip ".

AV turrets seem strong hp wise when they are around populated zones such as Nasons. Yet for everywhere else without support of allies, they are usually too weak and destroyed too soon.

As for Oshur, some islands are bonkers. Lets say enemy has 2 silos at Centi Import Hub island. Try getting your allies to drive from Mirror Bay to Centri Import Hub, I'd rather not, they'd rather not. Nobody wants to. Having islands that are just for silos only, without bases or vehicle terms, just leads to people not wanting to drive across the water to them, who aren't ants. I had to solo drive 6 sunderers and 2 galaxies to fight 2 silos at Centri Hub the other day & all my spawns got destroyed. They even had 1 silo flail his buddies silo to destroy my vehicles & parked galaxy. Else the enemy just drives a solo Lightning around to find all your sundy's. & since Wakerbeach has no term either, the drive from Mirror Bay to Wakerrift, to then across the water to the hill of Import hub is far.

I wish Oshur was 100% Pommel Gardens type bases. Lots of boulder mazes for infantry. All Nature fights for infantry, be it jungles or kelp forests. Just nature meets infantry base designs & silos should be sidelined, something to add outside of Pommel Gardens styled based. Yet every base design that isn't nature based (Interlinks, Tridents, Towers) gets deleted. Sage Labs is fine. So door fights get scrapped, stair fights get scrapped, towers get scrapped, trident room fights get scrapped. Airpad stalemates get scrapped. And all that remains is either boulder mazes, kelp forests, or jungle trenches for infantry. Less rooms, less plots, all boulders, all trees, less doors, more forts, less hallways, more boulder mazes.

& if you do build a infantry base, it has to be some wall ramp fort that the trees took over and not just the regular door to door stalemates. Nor are areas just empty plots for ant's, they have to have tons of boulders and trees, not just empty grass plots. & all the hills bordering the islands that vehicles fall off of and aren't able to hike back up, those island ledges are deleted too. For flatter sand without unscalable hills.
    • Up x 2
  8. AuricStarSand

TBH Small and Medium size outfits redeploy to ghostcap often too. Doesn't matter what Alt I play. TR NC VS. All of them. All size of outfits. So the issue isn't Zerg Outfits, zergs are just the most notable. The issue is all outfits.

All sizes of outfits skip unique 3 way fights. For example: I want a 3 way fight at " Sharpe's Run " of Hossin. You know how tough it is to get any factions outfit to pave their way to " Edgewater Overlook " ( the mid path from Hossin mid to the top left warp) no outfit wants to. Then if they manage to, they'll fight at Edgewater get wooped & redeploy elsewhere after any signs of a tug of war. Without trying to finish the endzone football touchdown to reach the 48-96vs48-96 battle at Sharpe's Run.

So if most outfits skip 3 way fights to ghostcap, most will ignore defending silos to ghostcap too. So obviously you'd have to get rid of ghostcapper outfits forever.

The only way to rid the ghostcap:
    1) Make the outfit resource page, not for outfits anymore, yet for pubs & scaled by kill exp. So everyone gets their own outfit resource page & earns toward unlocks. Would be a general page for solo players, not some " mob mentality monopoly feature pyramid scheme ".

2) Territory control would only exist 1/3rd to 1/2 of every map's alert style mode. Randomized. As even if you redefine the outfit resource monopoly reason for now pubs & solo players. You'll still have players ghostcapping for Alert Win Exp. So their would have to be other events modes for alert wins. Other than territory control " 3 way fight at this warpgate, most dm kills wins ", " Cap these unique underplayed regions & hold them for the hour ".

Just anything that gets players to A) fight at the most underplayed regions with 3 factions there (Hunters Blind & Split Peak Pass for examples) & B) Stay at a link path without redeploying elsewhere, so they won't ghostcap for most of the hour.

So that way at least half or 2/3rd of every alert is for helping Ant's have a reliable defensive position that outfits don't skip, ignore, & abandon. While I also get my wish of having a 3 way fight at Sharpe's Run that doesn't happen one day per 4 years. That's the ratio of 3 way fights at some of these underplayed Warpgate routes, one day per 4 years.

Besides Sharpe's Run (NW Hossin Warp) The other most underplayed Warpgates for 3 way fights are: Northern Warpgate Esamir (never seen 3 empires there ever), & Eastern Esamir Warpgate (0.01% of the year).

P.s. I'd really enjoy a 3 empire fight at Quartz Ridge Indar, yet getting a third faction there is impossible link wise & impossible without some teleporting room that bio's have.
    • Up x 1
  9. Johannes Kaiser

They were normally shot to bits from afar or overran by an airdrop of 24+ guys before any defenders could appear besides the 3 people who were currently placing objects. The former much more often. The same will continue now, only that the airdroppers have an even easier time now. Construction is too unwieldy to ever be really relevant since the removal of the Hive, which at least gave it its own purpose. Even the bases designed for construction will just be attacked before anything emaningful is built, and noone will want to defend them anyway.
  10. karlooo

https://www.planetside2.com/patch-notes/april-28-pts-notes-2023

For structures that get removed can we at least get a cert refund cause I have a feeling we will get nothing and I really don't feel like grinding out the new structures lol.

And I really do hope the devs don't make the Recon Array deconstruct when owner leaves. That would suck, cause the recon module is always useful.

OS and Flail will be kept in the game :mad:

I like it how the devs are adding secure spawns but still not guns. So, you will be secure against an infiltrator but tanks will pound you down with no way of fighting back as always. At least give us an option to pull more powerful version of engineer MANA turrets from the ANT, like an ATGM (more range, better vision) or auto cannons, set it up at positions for my teammates to use and myself. So, far it does not look good.
  11. oOHansOo

You can improve construction as much as you like, as long as pocket orbital strike is a thing, it doesn't matter.
    Even if you get a strong, coordinated effort together to defend your base, it will all be for naught, if someone on the other side gets bored and just dumps 2 insta nukes on your base.
    • Up x 2
  12. AntDX316

I thought CTF was a bad idea but it's quite good. Let it play out to see.
  13. Demigan

A history of the construction system:

- it was introduced, people engaged in it.
    - the builders found cheese, and started producing it by the buttload.
    - most of the population didn’t like this cheese and stopped joining battles for it. The few who still did countered with their own cheese.
    - left alone because of their own cheese and now subject of someone else’s cheese, the builders started asking for more ways to solo operate a base.
    - finally, after way too long, changes are being made so the population can enjoy battles at construction bases again.

This is the fault of the builders themselves. Losing them over this isn’t a big problem if the construction system is returned to what it was supposed to do: be attacked and defended by many players, not some solo builder who cheese everything versus another cheeselord.

There are things missing ofcourse, like good reasons for non-builders to show up and defend a construction base, or reasons for attackers to show up and attack it if its anywhere outside of their route to the next base. These need to be carefully considered from both ends to make fun gameplay. This tiny whiny behavior solely focused on selfish goals just makes the game worse.

The changes are a step in the right direction, bases should move away from automated murder-holes that no one likes attacking normally. But it needs more reasons for both attackers and defenders to actually be there.
  14. OSruinedPS1

Outfit resources is total cancer, just like Command Rank in Planetside 1 was total cancer.
  15. OSruinedPS1

Yeah but outfit resources has made zerging much worse, at least 5X worse.

Command Rank in Planetside 1 altered player behavior the exact same way, platoons would constantly bounce around the map so they could get their easy cap XP killing fun fights everywhere they went, I can't believe these devs made this same exact mistake in spades.