[Suggestion] Deployable HMG and other better turrets?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Feb 6, 2023.

1. AntDX316

Like 1:26 in that video or the grenade launcher at 1:40. It could be great for Construction bases or as deployable with 2 people? Someone has to have one piece in a tactile slot and someone else has to carry the other or someone has to build it together from an infantry terminal. I think anymore than 2 pieces is too much but if better Construction can be made requiring more parts it would be better than just the timer of it making itself?

I know the game reuses the same gun on multiple vehicles, might as well make an infantry version too then if it would cost a lot more server performance to have it in the game? It could be the basiliks, kobalt, bulldog, etc.

Sure people can drive up a harasser or a Sunderer but a lot of people prefer infantry-only play. Sometimes you can't even get a vehicle up to where the great fighting is at. It wouldn't be too OP because a sniper can end it all requiring counter sniping and people to replace who died.

There should be an exclusion zone for bases though, probably share it with the ANT or Sunderer's no-deploy zone. It should be able to be resupplied by building an ammo crate near it or just a vehicle ammo Sunderer. There should be space between them so people can't put like 10 within 20 feet next to each other. Probably the distance between deployable hardlight barriers would be good.

I really think there is a need for deployable HMGs and other turrets to make it more lively. Like I said, a sniper or so and some aircraft can end it all easy.
  2. RabidIBM

Two man guns probably wouldn't be fun for the second person. What if the engineer mana turret system got an update?
  3. AntDX316

HMG and deployable weapons in games that require some build time aren't OP unless it's when people use the AT turret deployable with no Silo to raze construction items and vehicles from high up lmao. It's rare that people would do it. I used to do it way back but not super recently but recently someone did that and it drove me nuts trying to repair the base and do something about it while their deployed ANT spawn had someone else spawn from it too. When you try to destroy the turret, they get out and 1v1 you.

Still though, if there were low to the ground ones, they woudl be cool to use with a group. In other games they really have no defense except putting some sandbags up. Not even shield, take the game Squad for example. Stuff from that game should come over to here. The devs should play that and get ideas if they haven't already. The game is kind of a huge grind to get to battle and do stuff while staying alive yet people still play it and like it too.

I think the voice should be changed to sound more like a radio like how Squad does it and is loud by default like in Call of Duty where you don't have to do anything and you can hear people. If the game is going to most likely use the X-Fi engine, it should be possible to bring the hardware audio acceleration back but with the way the GPU Particle Physx have disappeared with no reappearing in sight, it probably will never happen.

With the framerate gained by having DLSS or ASR, it should be possible to have More effects.