[Need Fixed] Escape from death by changing the map

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by HunKaLesi, Jan 4, 2023.

1. HunKaLesi

If you remember, they used to do this with the log out option.

When the players you are trying to kill are cornered, they will avoid dying by doing the following action.

M > World Map > Any Map or Sanctuary or VR Training > Warp

I just blasted a player a few times. However, he jumped out of the plane and disappeared in a few seconds as he fell from the sky towards the ground. After some research I found out how it is done and wanted to report this stupid incident.

"Logout, Exit Game, Change Map"

If he does any of these after taking damage from an enemy, he must be considered killed by the player who last dealt the damage.

What is the aim of this game? To survive? :)
  2. RabidIBM

Try not to get too worked up about it. You know you got the kill, your target knows you got the kill, and your target is the one who has to stare at load screens because of it. Obviously if somebody did this in any sort of tournament they'd likely get the boot for it, but in the chaos of the live server I don't feel that this is worth worrying about.

I also wouldn't worry about personal stats too much, anyone who is really paying attention knows that they don't matter that much. At a glace a KDR of 3 is obviously better than 0.9, but someone who can hold themselves up to a 0.9 going against genuinely good players is much more impressive than someone who gets 3 by seal clubbing.
  3. AntDX316

Infiltrator and ejection seat can make people look like they've disappeared.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

to conquer bases, get territorry and win the alert when it comes...

killing players is merely slowing the enemy down trying to achive the same on their end ...

i always said XP gain should be done through damage dealt same with directives and daily missions ... the game is too stupidly focused around kills and K/D when it´s exactly NOT about that ...
  5. Liewec123

Indeed, and that is lame, but sadly the map swapping is a real thing too,
    usually done by the lamest of skyknights to preserve their precious KD...

Personally I'll take it as a bigger win, because now they need to queue up again,
    and with Wrel's crappy new 750 player limit even members have 5 minutes waits to join the active map at primetime.
  6. HunKaLesi

No, the person I'm talking about is playing an engineer. Disappear in a few seconds as it falls from the sky.

and

Those who fly as Infiltrator do not have a fire extinguishing system. This is actually a disadvantage for them. However, in some cases, I agree with them. I have a few friends who I think were doing this for kd protection at first. But he does it not for kd protection, but to avoid some toxic pilot group. I'm watching him during his discord live stream and he's really playing games with fun and laughter :D:D

When he kills a pilot several times, they immediately ask their online friends for help and form a team. Then they seek him in the sky and try to kill him. He has come up with such a solution and is now flying as a Infiltrator. Sometimes, after a few pilots jump out of that plane, they jump right after him to the place where he fell and look for him with gun flashlights. It's really funny. :D:D:D

In a game like this, it's hard to understand people who are really hostile to and gang up on someone just because you've died a few times.
  7. HunKaLesi

The queue waiting thing you mentioned may be valid for US servers. But you don't have to wait for that many players on European servers. On European servers, after 22:00, the number of players decreases.

And... yes, the number of players trying to protect kd is quite high. And recently people started creating new characters and playing just for kd. In such a beautiful game this kd system deprives people of real fun and war.
    I think something needs to be done to get rid of the kd crap and get people to focus better on the game and the war.
  8. JibbaJabba

LOL Oh man these people SO exist and it is so pathetic.

I got killed the other day by ... get this...

An Infiltrator...
    Running Safe Fall..
    In a HESH lightning.

Just point and laugh at them. My (true, nonrez) KD is respectable and includes every hopeless breach, every bad rez I've taken repeatedly, every yeet, every stubborn reattempt to kill someone better.. etc.

When I look at these pathetic ****ters I just think..
    • Up x 1
  9. AntDX316

Has anyone tested to see if doing a log out instantly disappears the character right after being shot at by an enemy without dying?
  10. Eaglebird

Alt+F4 to save your life.