Server resetting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Garte, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Garte

This happened last night and now today on Cobalt. I'm also getting lots of disconnects. I checked connection and it's fine. The whole zone reset in the middle of an alert.
  2. Liewec123

I hear it is tied to the new directive, whenever anyone completes it the entire map crashes.
    Atleast that is what was being said on reddit yesterday.
    • Up x 2
  3. Garte

Cobalt unplayable now 3rd server reset and massive lag spikes. Double xp should be extended to all for a week :p
  4. Garte

Server crashed again :mad: time to play something else.
    • Up x 1
  5. Botji

Was the same yesterday on Miller.

Idk about that, I have done it on 2 characters and it never crashed when I did it.
    Unless there is another one aside from the one you get the melee weapon from? Subterfuge or w/e.
  6. Liewec123

Its doesn't seem to crash for everyone, so there are definitely some other factors to it,
    but what those factors are is anyone's guess, it could be something as crazy at which weapons you used.
    But I hear crashes when going from gold to the final tier, someone even made a video.

Kinda ridiculous that they choose to release a patch before a holiday,
    Everyone knows how broken the patches in this game are,
    And now here we are, several days of an unplayable game while DBG eat turkey.
    • Up x 1
  7. Botji

Yeah could still be the directive knowing how spaghetti the code/routines for adding their code has to be for them to mess up the mining drills spawning every few seconds now and then when they update the game. Its something they have fixed before but keep bringing back become some dev probably has some version they refuse to update that they then merge in.

I know someone in chat a few days ago was complaining about their Invisible Stalker(?), the one where you have to get kills while invisible, part of the directive was stuck on some weird thing like being 22/20. So above the required number of kills but not counting it as done and I would guess it happened because of some multi-kill with AI mines or something. I think its fixed now but perhaps its these multi-kills going above the limit that makes the server hickup when they complete the silver/gold/etc part of the directive.

100% shouldnt just yeet updates out before holidays or even in the later parts of a week.
    Not only did it mess up a big part of the double xp from the anniversary as well as the actual anniversary but they also messed up the monthly "last weekend" double xp for members. Doubt we will get any sort of compensation for that either.