Map Rotation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vopiscus, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Vopiscus

I've found that recently regardless of the time of day whenever I log onto Connery the map without fail is always either Oshur or Hossin. They're fine maps, but constantly playing on them makes for repetitive and stale gameplay. More often than not I just choose to logout and I doubt I'm in the minority when it comes to this. I'm sure most players would appreciate being able to play on the other continents for a change.
    • Up x 2
  2. BlackFox

Same on Miller, always Oshur or Hossin during prime time
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

yep, i posted about this on reddit recently, maps need to automatically go into lockdown alert if they have been open for 2 hours, whether or not there are a lot of players on the map.

the other night i started playing at around 6PM, indar and Oshur were the active maps,
    then an alert triggered on Indar and after an hour and a half indar locked,
    opening up Amerish, then after a few hours Amerish locked,
    opening up Esamir, then after a few hours Esamir locked.
    by this time it was approaching 1AM, so there weren't enough people to open another map,
    so finally it was just Oshur, and everyone logged off.

WHY THE HELL does Oshur get to loom in the background for nearly SEVEN HOURS before forcing everyone to log off?
    its clear that noone wanted to play there.

lock maps after several hours.
    a simple fix to Oshur destroying server populations.

heck the devs could do the right thing for once and acknowledge that noone wants to play on Oshur
    and make this 2 hour lockdown thing exclusive for Oshur so the good maps aren't closing early.
    • Up x 2
  4. LustyRoars

Oshur needs a total overhaul imo. I don't know if it's just me, but the lag I get on Oshur makes it unplayable, and the design just isn't on the same level as the other maps.
    • Up x 2
  5. melioa

i remember when the maps did not lock, it was so much better then. most people played on Indar then too. this was before the Hossin map was released....that is when things started to go down hill :(....the locking of lands started to happen.
    remember the Buzz word at the time.....'Why we always on Indar?' because back then, it was the map of choice by 95% of players.
    and NO map locking.....we had the freedom of choice. now we are told as to where we can play :(
    • Up x 1