Complaining aside. What Planetside 2 does best.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OSruinedPS1, Oct 15, 2022.

1. OSruinedPS1

I really enjoy playing stalker against enemy snipers. What other multiplayer game out there allows roguelike gameplay against players? None. Instead of single player roguelike games where sneaking past 100 predictable NPC's, instead you sneak past 100 players that act like NPC's.

I love the hunt.
    I love the stalking.
    I love the killing blow against something I hate so much: snipers. Total dopamine rush, bro.
    The more challenging the target, like snipers that change position often, the more rewarding the dopamine rush.
    • Up x 1
  2. OneShadowWarrior

MMOFPS is the cornerstone of Planetside. They were heading in the right direction with Arsenal update. Till the server issues surfaced and paid a heavy price on server performance, which still needs a ton of fixes.

Then they went with the small minority with Outfit Wars, ramming Arena right down our throats and Tankside. A complete step in the wrong direction.

It's still a great game because the core mechanic of the MMOFPS are solid. They need to stop trying to do to many things at once and concentrate on the core mechanics and customization. The graphics for instance with DX9 was better than DX11.
  3. Botji

I have a lot of things I complain about with the game but its just because I love it.
    Even when I am barely playing a few times over several months I still keep my membership up because I really do think they deserve the money for all the time I have spent and will spend playing it + I also hope they keep developing it as well as a irrational fear that one day they will just close up shop and there wont exist a game anywhere close to this.
  4. Yaesu

I know, right?! I miss my other classes, especially my engineer, but I don't miss THE FRUSTRATION of being wasted every few minutes by a sniper or stabbed in the back while repairing by stalkers. I've posted about it plenty on the forums. So I certed out a stalker weeks ago and have been working towards improving every day. Lately, I've been doing more hunting of other stalkers rather than going after snipers. You're closer to the base and get credit for taking them....etc. Learn by watching. Park in a spot and watch them stealth by. Then waste em! New thing lately, against snipers and any other classes, is seeing how close I can get without being detected for 'face to face' kills. Literally just a few feet on a few.
  5. BlackFox

It handles small encounters very well, having a duel with another player sometimes is fun and fights between small groups over a base are the highlight in infrantry combat. (Which isn't the seeling point of the game unfortunately)
  6. VV4LL3

Diverse mode gameplay.
  7. Johannes Kaiser

Technically it does handle dedicated squad play well. It gives all the tools for an excellent time pre-made groups.
    Just a shame in my group of 60 people only about 3 play with any kind of regularity.... (game doesn't do motivating too well)