Slicer - Not very good - Havoc ammo as standard?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by pnut, Sep 30, 2022.

1. pnut

Hi,
    The new AMR weapons aren't very good against vehicles.

What do you guys think?

I've just tried it for a few days in a row. I'm consistently hitting tanks, clip after clip after clip.
    The tanks are just being repaired faster than the dmg/second you're dealing; so you're effectively doing nothing.

Could we just make it so that the Slicer and the NC/TR equivalent guns all have havoc ammunition as standard?

Then these weapons might be somewhat useful.

Thoughts?
  2. Liewec123

If I would change AMRs i'd:

Revert the masthead nerf.

give Slicer instant fire (with drop and no piercing) but holding down the fire button let's you charge it
    for higher velocity, piercing and no drop.

make Dagr full auto with the same fire rate it currently has, reduce the recoil and
    increase minimum damage so it has the highest DPS of the AMRs at range.

I wouldn't change Linecutter or the cross faction archers as I think they are fine as is.
    I wouldn't give AMRs havoc effect against vehicles because otherwise it would kinda destroy the vehicle game.
    Imagine a pelter valk rocking up with 2 AMR engies in the side and you can't do anything to prevent them from killing your sundy.
  3. AuricStarSand

AMR's do too much dmg verse MAX's. I've had a max with 3/4th hp, that died from 1 headshot from a AMR. So AMR's are op verse max. Getting 1 shot on a max, even headshot with those is super easy, shouldn't do more than 1/6th dmg to a slow walking max.

As for the dmg output verse vehicles? They aren't made to solo anything, they are made for additional dmg. I mean take 1 AMR who keeps revealing the position of cloaked sunderer, by shooting the sunderer 1,000 yards away. That's gonna get whoevers bus that is, spotted, & killed.

Or take Oshur fights, some dude was ontop of Pommel Gardens 3rd floor spawn room with a AMR, he didn't kill anyone, tho he was able to safely annoy all the vehicles for 20 min straight at a safe range. The vehicle weren't able to return fire, with his head barely sticking out of a 3rd floor spawn building.

I don't know if their dps should be buffed verse vehicles. I'm simply stating those guns are able to fire at vehicles, at safe distances. & the vehicles aren't able to return fire. If the AMR is top of a mountain, he's not gonna die to a tank from below.

Tho if your relentlessly using this gun with pressure verse vehicles, it does help. My sunderer did have to run away from a AMR the other day, was at 20% hp, the AMR did 40% of the dmg. Tho yes they def seem to be buddy weapons or outfit weapons, better used with 2 to 4 allies, if you want to snipe vehicles entirely with the rifle alone.

The idea that the weapon is a sniper variant tho, is why the dps is low, it's not like the rifle is a near to mid range only gun. I mean just look at VS's Lancer launcher, that has sniper accuracy with weak dps.

Tho I agree, the sniper av type guns with weak dps, aren't very popular, just like how Lancer isn't used plenty. (maybe new ammo types)
  4. pnut

"With drop" - Man. I just, don't think we should. Otherwise, we're not staying true to VS technology.
    "No piercing" - I haven't really found this useful at all? I don't think i've ever received 2 kills with 1 shot.

"but holding down the fire button let's you charge it" - I think that's a great idea!
    Tell me what you think about this.... Currently it takes 1.2 seconds to chamber each bullet.
    How about we try the following. Make it so that holding the trigger, will charge an additional shot every 1.5 seconds. So if you hold the trigger for 9 seconds and then release. It fires all 6 bullets in 1 explosive round.

If we did that... I would be ok with keeping the "delayed fire" thing.

Although, I agree. The delayed fire thing should be removed.

Either way, the slicer is not worth using at the moment how it is.

5. pnut

Even though I wish I didn't agree with you. I think I do.

I really want to just smash tanks with my slicer. But you're right. A tank costs a lot of nanites, takes a lot of time to move around.. I can just spawn in any time and start firing away from hundreds of metres away on a mountain.

I would like it if we could put havoc ammo on the slicer.
    At least that way, while you're slowly chipping away at the tank, they can't repair.

6. pnut

"With drop" - Man. I just, don't think we should. Otherwise, we're not staying true to VS technology.
    "No piercing" - I haven't really found this useful at all? I don't think i've ever received 2 kills with 1 shot.

"but holding down the fire button let's you charge it" - I think that's a great idea!
    Tell me what you think about this.... Currently it takes 1.2 seconds to chamber each bullet.
    How about we try the following. Make it so that holding the trigger, will charge an additional shot every 1.5 seconds. So if you hold the trigger for 9 seconds and then release. It fires all 6 bullets in 1 explosive round.

If we did that... I would be ok with keeping the "delayed fire" thing.

Although, I agree. The delayed fire thing should be removed.

Either way, the slicer is not worth using at the moment how it is.

OOO! Crazy different idea... Do whatever other things you want to the gun to make it balanced... But give the gun a couple of options!
    Make it so that you can give it "Unstable ammunition" and like the carbine "Horizon" make it so you can have it flare out 3 bullets. Dividing the damage equally of course!
    SO.... The gun could be used as a long range Anti vehicle kind of slowly damaging annoying weapon.

OR!

Unstable Ammunition. "Horizon Splitter" (or whatever you want to call it). And then you can use the weapon to throw bullets into a crowded room.
  7. Liewec123

From what I see, VS players main gripe is the 0.3s charge up time.
    But charge up time is the balancing factor for having the benefits that Slicer has,
    So if VS don't want the charge up then they should be able to use it like the other AMRs,
    But if they want the benefits then they should need to use the charge.

Ditto, the piercing is mostly thematic imho.

I hate idea tbh, it's the reason magrider is crazy OP on live right now, these huge nuke weapons just obliterate fun.

Slicer is actually pretty fantastic, lets compare it to the dreaded Masthead which everyone pretends is OP,

Masthead gets: a miniscule '2m' of flak (which is more like 2 ft in the real world, not meters)

Slicer gets:
    Higher DPS at all ranges
    Significantly higher DPS at long ranges
    More damage per bullet around 300m
    More bullets per mag
    Faster ROF (even including charge time)
    Much higher velocity
    No bullet drop compared to heavy drop
    No range limit compared to 500ish meters

So in short Slicer is better in pretty much every way, far easier to use with more DPS, more ammo, fire rate, range, everything.

I made a little crappy montage from some of the kills I got in a recent session with Slicer during an esamir alert,

I'd say it is my favourite of the AMRs!
    Makes me confused when VS call it a bad gun.
  8. pnut

ok. maybe i just suck with it and need more practice. lol.

I still want havoc ammo though :p make it an option for all 3 teams.

9. FIRES

Are all of you who think these weapons should have more features insane?! Are you freaking kidding me? I play games to have fun and this isn't fun anymore.

Some of you want different things on the same gun. You all want the benefits of the best gun but still never suffer the consequences the NC and TR are faced with when using our guns!!! Some of you want no drop, some of you want a fuller charge with even more damage than what you already have...

You guys want guns with drop/no drop depending on a charge. What your saying is you want a gun with no drop. You're saying you want the downsides but only if you get the upsides. YOU CAN'T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!!

Currently as it stands.
    1.) Your new main battle tank cannon
    2.) A cannon in which can be indefinitely charge held...
    3.) This weapon has no drop
    4.) It has the highest DPS at any given range
    5.) In some cases these shots are from so far away NC and TR that they could never wish to effectively fight back can't reach or see the projectile because it was so far away...
    6.) At these 300m-800m+ meters sometimes so far that we couldn't see at all before we were hit by the shot.

This gun has all the benefits you could ever ask for but none of the downsides. Yet your greedy grubby fingers and brains want EVER MORE!!! Benefits. This kind of person a plague on this game and this community. I never use the forums but after so many years you get fed up dealing with this kind of person. I ADMIT the NC have strong weapons. However our weapons in almost always some way have to suffer gravity and inertia. As well as the TR getting to suffer with us. Our guns when used by a every day joe like myself require guess work because we aren't as good as others with using NC or TR guns.

Your gun involves no guess work. It can be quickly learned and mastered at any players level of skill... Point and shoot though right...?

Your faction as VS get guns recently that are better in nearly every single category. NO you don't get havoc rounds so we can't repair!!! No you can't get bigger explosives with larger charges. You can't ever have these things because it ruins the game. You glide on water like Jesus Christ while laying complete waste and decimation to a battlefield so far away you'll never lose. This type of mindset is a ME ME ME I I I WANT WANT WANT.... Most of us are Millenials that play this game. kids from the 90s. But not all of us are not ok with using things that aren't always what they are cracked up to be. We are ok with not having snipers mounted to our front ends. Over compensating for something VS? If you cry loud enough you'll get what you want. Well not all of us are whiners and we love a challenge. You will kill this game into the ground and blow up the remains before a day comes you don't get what you want and you don't care who suffers as long as baby gets what baby wants...
  10. FIRES

I was high went I wrote that lol. Easily annoyed haha
  11. Mechwolf

The Slicer has the best DPS at all ranges?

Was the Masthead's range nerfed too?