I will be glad when outfit wars are over

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Sep 16, 2022.

1. OneShadowWarrior

People brag about there kill/death stats or like peacocks showing there feathers cackle at showing themselves off at outfits wars.
    All this brings in is ringers, people who generally never play the game for there one moment of glory and for what? I’ve not seen a single item that leaves me dreaming at night wanting to rise to the challenge and there are no esports teams here like Team Liquid or Shreks/Shrouds who will earn a cool $1 million in cash for winning and thanks for playing with a big trophy and hot chicks to have pictures with. A little extreme, but you get my drift?

The true core of PS is every players holds more love to thyself than any other attribute. Oshur has a few good places to fight but it is very obvious that vehicles reign supreme. You guys were on a role with attachments until the servers and game performance went to hell. I have serious concerns about the tank developments as vehicles are pretty unstoppable in mass already. So many issues not being addressed and the inattentiveness to detail is coming back to haunt this game. Anti aliasing for instance is just horrific, images are so blurry. Where is the HDR support? Where is Ray Tracing, DLSS, Nvidia latency reduction choices, I can go on and on.

In the end you’ve worried about the minority instead of the majority, throwing most players under the bus. The majority of players want to have fun and the big battles and fights that run smooth regardless of your rig should stand true.

You know I miss so much from the original Planetside, because somewhere along all these developments? I think making the game fun was forgotten.
    • Up x 1
  2. Your Secret Admirer

Just kill the tryhards logistics and they go away.

Anyone can shoot a beacon or sunderer.

I agree with the sentiment, but they can be made other people's problems.
  3. Somentine

48 players per team * ~86 teams in total = 4128 players.

Doesn't seem like a minority to me.
    • Up x 1
  4. Your Secret Admirer

Sorry Boss but more than 8257 players play PS2, so by the strictest definition, minority.

HDR comes without performance hit, yes.

DLSS and RT destroy visibility and cannot be equally enforced so become disabled by anyone who does have the hardware to support it.

We need some sandbox protections for the majority, but as I mentioned earlier you can disable their spawn logistics and just avoid tech plants.

the obsession over tech plants is only relevant this season.
    Inside baseball says Tech Plants are getting overhauled someday soon- ish and the gate field disruptors are getting changed after this OW.

You are right that the tryhards will evaporate after OW.

Putting a hard counter to warpgating is really the only thing we need to just avoid the tryhards, when we are given no other spawn options it does get abusive.

Perhaps dynamic point timers that extend longer with the more territory you control.
  5. Somentine

More than 4128 players play in OW. And I highly doubt 8k+ players play this game regularly. Considering the global average is 2k, and you can almost always see regular players on daily, I'm going to have to X to doubt bossman.
  6. Liewec123

My biggest gripe with outfit wars is that it eats up all of the devs attention
    and is halting the MBT and lightning guns from getting to live.!

This couldn't be more evident than the PTS update notes, 9 days of the new turrets and nothing has changed.
    We've had things pushed to live sooner than this, yet these turrets still don't even have their attachments yet.

Also Cobalt for days now has had ridiculous delayed actions,
    engagements have two players shoot at eachother for 2 seconds and then both die when the server wakes up...
    this should have been hot fixed in 24h, but naaaah gotta focus entirely on OW, screw the main game

Also also OW matches taking place on the weekend is ridiculous.
    Weekend is supposed to be the most active time in ps2,
    yet you can log in on a Saturday night and notice that OW has stolen a big chunk of the playerbase away.

Yes I too want OW to just go away already!
    This is PS2, leave the Esports junk to smallscale lobby games where it belongs.
    • Up x 2
  7. karlooo

That's good. Those faction specific turrets and guns are so hideous. They'll have an unpleasant outcome in game.
    Best not to even introduce them to live and leave them in the archives for now.
  8. RabidIBM

I'd bet that a larger percentage of the player base like Outfit Wars than like Hossin, yet that cursed continent is still here. It's only a couple months dude, let others have their fun without whining about it.
  9. Your Secret Admirer

Don't silence people because they have a different opinion than you do.

The number of times in history this has nearly brought our entire existence to an end, can no longer be counted on a single hand.

This is literally the reason why the TR hasn't simply crushed the NC, because the TR insisted on silencing the Vanu.
  10. karlooo

Those are your illusions.
    Fairly recently on Cobalt I have experienced Hossin being only map, unable to lock for some days. And based on the activity and experience it was very much liked. So imagine, it was Hossin nonstop.
    There is really no reason to dislike it compared to the rest.
  11. Your Secret Admirer

Hossin is a litmus test of your preferred play style, if you enjoy infantry, Hassan is amazing, if you prefer vehicles, it cripples your ability to play both of them.

The dense canopy provides cover against air vehicles, and those brave enough to engage below the canopy often fall victim to the power of the trees

Vehicles are regularly guided into funnels of death by the trough terrain.

Base combat is almost entirely guarded against a vehicle intrusion
  12. karlooo

Not exactly. Compared to the other maps I personally enjoy Hossin the most as a tank operator.
    On our usual maps the vehicles are mostly enclosed from the objective (the lattice bases) and the fields are open. So when you push into the enemy base you are cut off from the objective but you don't want to throw your tank away, so most search for ways to get involved such as getting onto positions for you to fire at the lattice base which was not designed for tanks to be involved. From both from the user's and receiver's perspective it is a very sorry experience because essentially all you do is fire at doorways continuously, terrible design.

But on Hossin it is a little different, the natural cover spreads out the fight, so it is not only alteration between an open field and enclosed base....It is much more sophisticated, that's what I love about it.
    Tanks are important on Hossin even as a support gun for your infantry, there is no doubt about that, just the armaments are weak.
  13. AuricStarSand

Outfit Wars reinvigorated the theme of outfits wanting to behave like special op teams. & that theme has helped Alerts be more engaging. As outfits are organized better & all the pros behave like elites now.

So that aspect of outfit wars is good. However yes it does take away from the main alert features. & Yes I wrote about how Vet Stacking makes outfit wars unfair anyways. As well as the no pop limit to outfits. & Outfits as a whole feature, needing some rework, so much rework I'd just kick everyone out of their glued outfits they have right now.

As for outfit wars, ye I already wrote what is happening. It's 2 outfits steamrolling the other 20 outfits per server. So 8 outfits that steamroll 80 outfits. Which is a mess. Devs or players may find that fine, tho it's not a skill competition. When 8 outfits have 30 vets on their team & the other 80 outfits only have 10 vets. Who know how to plan & strategize. So it's a slaughter.

I wouldn't promote slaughters, I'd promote even matches & most Outfit War matches aren't even, they're all nearly steamrolls by a landslide.

So ye outfit pop limit, outfit pop vet stacker limit, or else make dev made 4 outfits, like harry potter sorting hat houses. 4 dev made outfits & zero player outfits. Also outfit leaders ruin the entertainment value of alerts anyways to ghostcap all year, so meh to outfit leaders for alerts.

Outfit Wars without equal amounts of Vets (People ranked BR 80 or higher) per team. Is about unequal as a PUB Classic WoW WSG BG verses a Premade WSG team.

May as well be Vet Stacker outfits verse Pub Platoons & see who has more " skill ".
  14. OSruinedPS1

At least half of us 4128 don't want to be there, but the platoon leaders nag us until we join them.
  15. Somentine

I'm going to have to X to doubt that one, Jimmy my boy.