[Suggestion] ASP Skill: Anti-Material Rifles for HA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baneblade, May 21, 2022.

1. Baneblade

For the Secondary Slot alongside current launcher options.
  2. brutes359

Actually...This is not a bad idea. HAs with their overshield would be far better suited for MAX hunting with these rifles and engaging aircraft with the masthead. My only complaint then would be that it would dumb down the value of engineers who already struggle to find a place on frontline combat since most infantry currently don't survive long enough to run out of ammo and MAXs are only just now making a comeback with their latest round of buffs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Baneblade

Engineers will still have their place, these rifles eat through ammo fast enough that using them on or in conjunction with an Eng is never a bad call.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

5. TR5L4Y3R

and because of this i am against giving HA s AMRs ... i´d rather give them to Medics as primary option without the need of ASP ...
  6. Demigan

I would say that this is a problem with the Engi design that needs to be adressed and not hold other classes back. The Engi has been mishandled in its design so far with most deployables dumped on top because "its an engineer!" Regardless of it being suitable or actually enhancing the class.

It needs more things that support combat in some way. For example holding F should throw the ammo box (you should have time deploying it) and tapping F will deploy a short duration shieldwall that acts as full cover you can walk through or shoot around. Simple and effective.

There's also things you can change. The MANA turret has too many downsides and could use some QOL changes. For example you could allow anyone to use it, not just the Engi who placed it. Add a rule that the owning Engi can instantly kick off and replace anyone on it if they just press E on it and you can easily share it without players hijacking it.
    The MANA turret could also use things like a small overshield so you survive one headshot from a sniper if you are at full health, or when pressing "F" while on the turret you enlarge the shield to protect you completely for a short while.
    You could also completely change how the MANA turret shield works. It could protect you completely but have a healthpool instead of being invulnerable.

There's many other options:
    - switch ammo pack for an ability that starts shield regen of all allies instantly at double regen speed (up until damage is received ofcourse).
    - deploy a distortion field generator that makes it harder to see the farther you are from it, providing limited protection against long-range fire.
    - for a short duration all weapons nearby become belt-fed (like an ammo pack generates ammo in your pocket only this goes from your pocket to the magazine). Probably needs a very short duration and AOE as this kind of second wind would be immensely powerful. Perhaps better as a nanite costing utility?
    - alternative to the above: all magazines are topped up instantly once, reloads are immediately canceled. Would be a useful but not OP ability.
    -QOL that helps Engi's in general but also the above ability: you can see the magazines left and ammo in magazine left above friendly player's heads. Could also ve useful to have the ability to see the ammo count on enemies.
    • Up x 1
  7. Exileant

:confused: Mishandled is not the right word. It is functioning properly as for as I can tell. It makes more sense for a field tech to specialize in gadgets. Allowing others to use your items is a grand idea however, even if the Mana turret did everything you said, I still would not equip it because there are far better utilities than it. To that end, I would support it being moved to H.A. because N.S.O. and Vanu still do not have a heavy weapon remotely as effective as a T7 or Jackhammer, and would provide a limited balance as for as troop mowing goes. :) I am all for a portable A.N.T. sized Cloak, :eek: OH WAIT, they HAD that on the A.N.T. and took it away, due to whining. Yeah, you are not getting anything that even smells like a cloak on an E. I can already hear you screaming that it is TOO O.P. and it was YOUR idea. Hahahaha!

o_O The whole public magazine reloader is awesome, sadly it has already been done. Destiny 2's Warlocks and Witches had a Leg armor that turned your Rift into a public reloader. Titans could do this naturally with the aid of a Rally Wall. They dumbed it down twice before removing it all together, because it was too much for whiners. I wore it out. With just 2 people holding Sweet Business using their brain to Team Shoot, you could deny an entire team almost eternally. A T7 is Sweet Business on steroids properly set up, and this on a Gause or ANY OTHER Saw? :D Well, there would only be 2 usable factions as a Thumper would need to be 2X as strong as it is now for the other 2 teams to be competitive.... It cannot even properly kill an over-shielded Heavy with splash in one clip.......

;) Engineers can be used as foot soldiers, but that is not their main purpose. Their main purpose is to drive vehicles. Sure they can support in a pinch, but that is a side-affect of them needing the tools they have in order to defend the vehicles they are assigned.

:confused: As far as an Archer on a Heavy goes? :D Why not!? That is a beautiful trap. If they are using Archers, They are not using Rockets or Stompers, and that is a Win Win in my book. Them panic shooting my under-chassis as I blast over them with one is far less taxing, and would extend my bathe-times. :p Hahahaha!
  8. AuricStarSand

Sure. After they give Infiltrators 1 useful ASP skills. " grenade access " shouldn't even be considered a class based asp skill. So essentially Infil's have zero asp skills. Sticky grenade & flash grenade suck. Nobody plays infils to throw nades. Nades are for HA, Medic, or LA.

Ye HA deserve more stuff too. As they are tough to play, at times.
    Tho ye all the " grenade access " stuff should all go to the general tab & get rid of all grenade unlocks for the class tree.
    • Up x 1
  9. Baneblade

To be fair, there isn't much you can give Infils that wouldn't make them even more unbearable for everyone else to be around. Although the Sidearm primary is a pretty strong contender for that. But perhaps the Infil could get cloaking Spitfires or something that isn't just making them OP.
  10. Sumowning

That's my take on it as well, it sounds good on paper to allow for it due to overshield.

But also, HA really really don't need even more options for weapons. They already have some of the best ASP skills, and really would just devalue Engineers and further push HA as the end-all-be-all answer to everything. Which, just no.
    • Up x 1